Rogues....why are they like this?

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
so how are rogues changed?

im guessing more damage but their control is different?
There are a couple things that could be changed, but rogues are still playable.

Only thing I don't understand is blind having a 3 min cooldown instead of 2, I think that makes no sense at all...
09/28/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Narcotics
I steamroll rogues at 90.

Rogues arent that bad lol.

I can't foresee myself ever losing to a rogue 1v1 with this toon.. Ive. played a rogue since wrath and they are stil good.however I have lost my taste for them and decided to main my 2 dks this go round.
Lol , if you could play your class well you would notice rogues are quite good. Now with the new 4 piece bonus we will have alot of self heals.
I want to quote everyone in this topic except Nova, but I am too lazy, so I'll just say

farewell you ugly piece of poo
So mean D:
Rogues are adaptable, yes.

But like Nicetry mentioned the 3 minute cd on blind/vanish, there were a few unjustified nerfs that Blizzard thought were the problem with Cata Rogues.
It is a little early to say exactly how bad it will be for the class, but there are several factors that make it likely the class will be gimp for a while.

One being that rogues are weaker baseline, but scale better with gear and so they traditionally start weak in new expansions and finish strong. Another is that across the board nerfs in mobility, utility, survivability, burst, and damage scaling when last season the real problem was ridiculous PvE gear means that rogues are starting deeper in the hole than they use to already do. People seem to forget or not realize that while rogues with legendaries and vial were making a mess of arena the class itself was technically already nerfed compared to how it started in Cata.

Of course sometimes the individual strengths of a class aren't as important as the synergy the class has with others. When mages are OP, locks, Spriets, and rogues tend to do O.K.
Nah, you're just balanced now. You actually need to try when you fight another class. If you feel helpless, you should of saw fighting your class from anothers class's perspective in cata.
he cant kill anyone from 100-0 in a smokebomb anymore. COME AT ME BRO.
09/29/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Eponine
lol he got 2200 a week before s12 ended, presumably with vial and legendary dags

Wasn't even logged in but when i saw this comment i had to log in and say this.

First of all , Season 12 starts in 2 days , You probably mean s11 , but seeing as how you said s12 you probably aren't very well informed about arena.

Second - Vial after the nerd " Which it was when he got his 2200" hit for 10k crits WITH find weakness, So you're saying 10k damage carried him to his rating?
For 1v1's, they're pretty !@#$. Wait till arena and control stuff for your mage and you'll win.
10/01/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Coilzx
lol he got 2200 a week before s12 ended, presumably with vial and legendary dags

Wasn't even logged in but when i saw this comment i had to log in and say this.

First of all , Season 12 starts in 2 days , You probably mean s11 , but seeing as how you said s12 you probably aren't very well informed about arena.

Second - Vial after the nerd " Which it was when he got his 2200" hit for 10k crits WITH find weakness, So you're saying 10k damage carried him to his rating?

I remember talking to a couple of rogue buddies of mine (who had heroic vial) and they were saying it crit for 20k with FW.

Which vial are you talking about? LFR? Norm? HM? Vial was a rogues BiS for PvP and 2nd best for PvE behind WoU. None the less though, 10k crits every 8 seconds while you're dancing on them and the 10 sec period after is pretty insane lol.

Also...!*##%@%%# why u steel my zx tag
i'd be mad to if my class was face roll then got nerfed and u had no idea how to play it lawl Some people just dont know how to play with skill level lawl
no in all honesty rogues are pretty bad atm

-glad rogue
10/01/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Eponine
And vial may not have hit as hard after the nerf, but it hit a lot more frequently. Are YOU saying that legendary dags DIDN'T carry him to his rating? Because even if I'm wrong about vial, which I certainly could be, the legendaries were an undeniable advantage.

To be fair though, and what coil was trying to get at, I don't think legendaries/vials carried anybody. Biased I know cause I have them but I only have like +40 PR in 3's compared to my alt rogue (t1 pvp weps on her), and the t2 pvp daggers hit almost as hard as legendaries (till the agility stacks kicked in). Two-piece t13/vial/legendaries didn't make rogues energy pool and shadowstep kick any better.

ANYWAY, point I'm getting at to everybody in this thread. Rogues went from demi-gods to class clowns. A lot of rogues are dissatisfied with these changes (neilyo//reckful etc) and that's all this rogue is doing. Venting it. Unless you see him play, it's not very fair to call him a carried scrub or w/e.

Edit: @Rimx, did that helm drop off a world boss @_@?