RaF not working for me..?

Customer Support
First time poster, so I apologize if this is in the wrong area. However, here is my issue:

I played WoW for about two weeks before recruiting my boyfriend (we wanted that mount you get). He accepted the invitation, yadda yadda, bought two months worth of game play, all that jazz. Now, it says the accounts have to be linked, but I was never notified of this and/or I forgot. I really don't remember because it's been well over three months since then (I think?)

Either way, I still haven't gotten the mount.

Now two things.

1) I think he's using his old account email from before, but the character's he had on it were deleted/erased/the account was basically new.

2) We didn't link, but he accepted the invitation.

Does this basically mean that we messed up and I won't ever get that mount now? Even though we spent our money? Can I send the invitation again even though he's already playing? :\ am I allowed to feel as though I wasted my money?
When you send the link the receiver has to create a brand new account. They cannot use an old account.

If you would still like the mount you may send another email just make sure when he accepts it he does it with a brand new account and not an old one.

You can contact Billing but I doubt they will back date it after 3 months.
Just to clarify what Kneanderthal said...

You can send an RAF link to your boyfriend's old Battlenet Account. He would then have to make a new WoW account using that link to RAF. RAF doesn't work with existing WoW accounts, but you can use an existing Battlenet Account. Here is the procedure to set that up:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-procedure

When you setup the link, it's critical you test it immediately to ensure the link worked. You should be able to see the summon icon when you have his characters on your friends list, and you should see the triple experience in the chat window. How to see that is described in the FAQ linked here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-faq

Once you have established the link correctly, you can then receive all the rewards - 3x exp, free month/mount for the veteran account, grat-a-levels based on levels earned. The rewards are discussed here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-rewards

As far as retroactively enabling something that was never done months ago, I doubt it, but you can call Billing and ask. They caution many times during the FAQ to check that link immediately.

BTW, why didn't you use a Scroll of Resurrection on your BF's old account to get that mount?
We didn't know about any of this, it was a swing and go ordeal T_T damn. We're not going to buy another WoW just so he can create a second account and so I can get a mount. That sucks though.

Thank you very much for you help.
We didn't know about any of this, it was a swing and go ordeal T_T damn. We're not going to buy another WoW just so he can create a second account and so I can get a mount. That sucks though.

Thank you very much for you help.

As Holy said, you can always try calling Billing to see if they can retroactively link the accounts for you. Depending on how long it has been they may be able to do so.
Honestly, I'm a little scared to do stuff like that, just in case I don't have the right information or anything of the sort... So I'll probably just stay quiet.