A thankful players response to a CS Response

General Discussion
1 2 3 24 Next
Thank you blizzard for letting me know that I can and SHOULD at every opportunity press NEED on an item regardless of whether it's an item I should take or not. The next time a Resto Druid needs on a strength mace, I won't fret! I will take comfort that in the future I can ninja someones item that has no relevance to my character.
So I'm going to read between the lines here... You were in a group, someone rolled on an item you wanted as an off-spec "need". They won the item, so you submitted a report to Customer Service. They told you it was non-actionable and allowed, basically that the player did nothing wrong. So you came here and posted angrily in frustration, deciding to lash back at everyone else by doing what was done to you?

Is that accurate?
Sounds like it.

I always laugh at the people who use these convenient, optional tools to run multiple dungeons whenever they want, then complain about the rules they agree to by using said optional tool to run dungeons whenever they want.

Especially when the fix for their ragey posts is to simply make their own group, and set their own rules.
So someone does something "bad" to you (but totally within the game rules) and your response is to go ahead and do that same "bad" thing to everyone else.

You're quite the upstanding citizen, aren't you?
Not sure why druids can 'Need" on str maces though.
So I'm going to read between the lines here... You were in a group, someone rolled on an item you wanted as an off-spec "need". They won the item, so you submitted a report to Customer Service. They told you it was non-actionable and allowed, basically that the player did nothing wrong. So you came here and posted angrily in frustration, deciding to lash back at everyone else by doing what was done to you?

Is that accurate?

uh no, actually, It was for my mainspec, and the spec I was playing through the entire instance. I was trying to make a vain attempt to suggest to blizzard and the community that items with stat priorities that classes don't even use (such as strength for a druid, or agility\intel for a warrior) shouldn't be able to be rolled upon by said classes.
So someone does something "bad" to you (but totally within the game rules) and your response is to go ahead and do that same "bad" thing to everyone else.

You're quite the upstanding citizen, aren't you?

Well, I mean unless they decide to change the system. Misery loves company.

Is that accurate?

uh no, actually, It was for my mainspec, and the spec I was playing through the entire instance. I was trying to make a vain attempt to suggest to blizzard and the community that items with stat priorities that classes don't even use (such as strength for a druid, or agility\intel for a warrior) shouldn't be able to be rolled upon by said classes.

Right, they wanted it as an off-spec "need"... and you lost, right?
They may have wanted to instantly transform into a paladin\ret\DK, but I don't think that's possible yet.

Right, they wanted it as an off-spec "need"... and you lost, right?

They may have wanted to instantly transform into a paladin\ret\DK that could use strength, but I don't think that's possible yet.

They may have wanted to instantly transform into a paladin\ret\DK that could use strength, but I don't think that's possible yet.

Well that's how the loot rules are now. Mages rolling on +spirit gear, healers rolling on %hit gear - it's allowed. I don't condone offspecs rolling against mainspecs, but it's increasingly standard.
Druids have always been allowed to roll need on str gear. Sux but true.
Seriously though, how is it that dps are not allowed to roll on Searing Words. I've seen that get taken by monks but hunters and rogues can't need on it.

Well that's how the loot rules are now. Mages rolling on +spirit gear, healers rolling on %hit gear - it's allowed. I don't condone offspecs rolling against mainspecs, but it's increasingly standard.

Well that's all fine and dandy since that gear probably has the most valuable stat on them, "intellect", and if the item I lost was at all valuable other than to vendor for the druid, I wouldnt be raging, but it wasn't.
Similarly if you're joining a pickup Raid you're at the mercy of the raid leader, who may hand his buddy a drop for no reason other than to unfairly take items from the raid group. This may not be usable advice for everyone, but: the best way to ensure you get the drops you want, or type of drops, is form a group yourself with friends/guildies you know and trust.

Back to the need/greed system though, it's essentially a limitation in it not being able to determine spec, and our CS department just can't play arbiter for every drop to determine who 'deserves' an item more than someone else. While it can be a frustrating situation, I hope at least that makes sense.

I really recommend reading the following articles. They have a ton of info on why things work the way they do:

That said, there have been ongoing discussions on at some point revisiting the need/greed system in dungeons. Until such a time and day as the dungeon loot system changes, be well aware that you'll be competing for loot, but if you have the resources - go with friends.
10/01/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Not sure why druids can 'Need" on str maces though.

It's... something frowned upon but if it's a massive upgrade there are reasons, lets go over a few of them:
a) It's a huge ilevel upgrade, going from a 229 tanking weapon on my pally to a 308 agility weapon was an incredible buff. The stamina/secondary stats and Half conversion (?) (Agility is a bit less then str on Attack Power unless that was removed in MoP) were amazing. Also, please note that weapon damage on a weapon can be extremely heavy in weight. 1 Damage Per second increase is or very near to the equiv of 1 agil/str/etc for some classes (same with spellpower to an extent but a bit less). So if a weapon has +100 weapon damage that's 100 of your primary stat (unless you're a caster, would be spellpower) then it begins to make sense/not be as bad.
b) Ilevel to get into further stuff. The ilevel system can be incredibly frustrating if you can pull it off with less gear then needed. If that item boosts their ilevel 5 points, /shrug.
10/01/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Rúm
Typical PR spin from a blue that skirts the issue to the side. Shocking.

Typical response debasing a logical response and providing no rebuttal, requests, or questions. Why bother?
Man, I love Bashiok.