A thankful players response to a CS Response

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 24 Next
I'm pretty sure in Blizzards eyes there is no such thing as mainspec or offspec.Feel free to correct me here.

inbe4 str druids start posting.
10/01/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Mork
Man, I love Bashiok.

^^^
I used to play nice and pass/greed on stuff I didn't need but so many people just need, need, need that I gave up on it and joined the party. You should do the same.
10/01/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
Typical response debasing a logical response and providing no rebuttal, requests, or questions. Why bother?

/cheer
I like everyone's snootiness, blues, greens, us normal folk.
I'm disappointed that I know longer see rolls in chat. In the past, if an OS item dropped, I'd wait to see if someone else rolled NEED for it. If they did, I'd let it pass. If not, I'd roll NEED on it for myself.

Now I can't do that and offer even that small, silent, courtesy to others. Now, I may as well roll NEED all the time and deal with drama afterward of trying to trade the item if someone gets all cranky.

Because now, there will be no discussion before folks hit the button. They'll just react before any conversation can begin, since the tank is already gogogoing and pulling the next pack anyway.

(Not that there's a lot of MS/OS stuff for warlocks per se, but moreso for my other toons...)
At the end of the day, being able to do something doesn't mean you should, and someone else acting like an idiot and getting away with it doesn't mean you should do the same to everyone else.

A druid shouldn't really be able to roll need on a strength mace anyway.
I'm disappointed that I know longer see rolls in chat. In the past, if an OS item dropped, I'd wait to see if someone else rolled NEED for it. If they did, I'd let it pass. If not, I'd roll NEED on it for myself.

Now I can't do that and offer even that small, silent, courtesy to others. Now, I may as well roll NEED all the time and deal with drama afterward of trying to trade the item if someone gets all cranky.

Because now, there will be no discussion before folks hit the button. They'll just react before any conversation can begin, since the tank is already gogogoing and pulling the next pack anyway.

(Not that there's a lot of MS/OS stuff for warlocks per se, but moreso for my other toons...)

There's a window you can bring up now that shows what everyone's rolling - it's just put in that window instead of swamping the chat. You can bind it to a key - it's called "Loot Window" or something along those lines - but you can bring it up by clicking where it says "[Loot]" in the chat window, to the left of the item name when the roll starts.
I got kicked a couple of times for needing on lockboxes....oh the horror!
Typical PR spin from a blue that skirts the issue to the side. Shocking.

Are you really that ignorant ? This is a player made issue through people whom are selfish. Until they have a system in place ala LFR looting for 5 mans, it will persist due to people whom like to be jerks.

If I am a tank, I only roll on tank gear and pass if I have it to someone who might need it. I greed DPS gear if a DPS needs it, vice versa when I am playing DPS.

You can't expect Blizzard to hold everyone's had or when people cry "mommie" when someone rolls need on an item that they could use.

At the end of the day, being able to do something doesn't mean you should, and someone else acting like an idiot and getting away with it doesn't mean you should do the same to everyone else.

A druid shouldn't really be able to roll need on a strength mace anyway.

You would expect that the druid would not roll need on an item they can't use anyways, but alas people still will.

10/01/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Jbarta
I used to play nice and pass/greed on stuff I didn't need but so many people just need, need, need that I gave up on it and joined the party. You should do the same.

No. Do not do that. Part of the solution > Part of the problem.
I hate to play the devil's advocate here, but I'm with the OP on this one. I sincerely hope Blizzard reconsiders their take on loot priority. Even if it is currently allowed, I feel it is wrong to need on an off-spec item if another player in the group needs it for their main-spec (i.e. the spec that matches their assigned role in the dungeon).

Typical response debasing a logical response and providing no rebuttal, requests, or questions. Why bother?

So Rum, would you like that burn heal right away or..?
10/01/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Divinora
I hate to play the devil's advocate here, but I'm with the OP on this one. I sincerely hope Blizzard reconsiders their take on loot priority. Even if it is currently allowed, I feel it is wrong to need on an off-spec item if another player in the group needs it for their main-spec (i.e. the spec that matches their assigned role in the dungeon).

Wasn't this whole thread not about classes rolling offspec, but rather rolling on something none of there specs can use? i.e. a druid rolling on str gear? I know the OP didn't phrase it the best way, but thats what it appears to me.

I'm not as concerned with offspec roles, because to be honest i would rather play with people who are geared for the role, than say a dps who has just switched to tank role to get tank gear.

However i do think its poor design to allow rolls on items you absolutely have no reason to use, outside of massive ilvl jumps (in which case your more abusing the ilvl requirments than anything). Is determining class also a limiting factor or something?
Good lord people. The issue is classes like hunters being able to roll need on strength gear and things like that. It isn't main-spec/off-spec, it's classes being able to roll need on gear that is not usable for ANY spec of their class. This has been a problem for ages now. It frustrates me whenever I see the option to roll need on gear my class has no use for at all.

It's only gotten worse now. Something is seriously wrong with the system in MoP in addition to the aforementioned problem. I've had insances in LFD groups where the game let me roll need on a shield. On my MAGE. It's letting me roll need on gear I can't even EQUIP, much less with stats unsuitable for my class.

If the first iteration of LFR taught us anything, it's that people will attempt to screw over others even if its at no meaningful benefit to themselves. I'm not saying it happens often. It's quite rare for people to be that mean-spirited from what I've seen, but that doesn't mean it isn't a problem and it doesn't mean it doesn't need to be fixed.
10/01/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Kessik
Thank you blizzard for letting me know that I can and SHOULD at every opportunity press NEED on an item regardless of whether it's an item I should take or not. The next time a Resto Druid needs on a strength mace, I won't fret! I will take comfort that in the future I can ninja someones item that has no relevance to my character.

You are actually worse than the loot pirate that won the item you wanted. That one player that didn't care about loot roles is one thing, but it takes a pretty bad player like you to pass that along to other people, hurting their experiences. Take the higher road, and don't be an !@#$%^-.

ROFL.. God that made my day. Is it too late to mention loot is just pixels? Just saying. Run the dungeon/raid/w/e again, xp is good.