So while we're in full-tilt weeaboo mode here

Moon Guard
Bear with me.
Does anyone know, in any quests, NPC dialogue, dev interviews, anything canon at all, if there is ANYTHING resembling anatomical chakra points?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

If anyone has seen Naruto (stop laughing and refer to thread title) they'll probably know what I'm getting at here.
Monks use chi as an OOC resource, and I'm honestly not sure if I remember anything from the starter zone mentioning it on an IC basis. So all of this is speculation at this point.

But IN NARUTO. They used pressure points and specific techniques to block the flow of energy (chi or qi, what have you) to render their foes immobile in some body area. Worse yet, they could block chi in the same way that restricted use of other hostile ninja techniques.
Keep in mind this was generally played off as a difficult thing to master.

Chi, the resource monks use, is a word for 'life energy.' In other cultures, mana is a different word for the same basic idea.
SO.
Would it be possible, in your opinion and taking all of the above into account, for monks to temporarily cut mana users off from their powers with some skillful use of chi blocking techniques?
Running with that same idea, do you think it would be possible to sever mana users off entirely from their powers a la Amon from Legend of Korra?
Sinophilia is not weeaboo. Jeez.

I mean, don't monks already have a strike that disables casting and a strike that kills someone instantly?
My monk is lv 12, you tell me

Also I'm trying to get at an IC explanation for OOC stuff, here, because I like doing that sort of thing.
My monk is lv 12, you tell me

Also I'm trying to get at an IC explanation for OOC stuff, here, because I like doing that sort of thing.

Well they do, so I imagine so that rudimentary pressure point/chakra thing is going on since they have those sort of strikes.
I'm still interested to hear what people think of severing spellcasters from their mana indefinitely.

Like this obviously isn't something you do randomly to people in RP, but storyline wise it could be a neat thing.
I mean, you can kill people with one touch, so long as people were up for it I see no issue.
I don't see why not, Baenhoof, they can do just about everything else. :P

I just hope that if you go with an action like that, all parties involved are sure it's what they want to do.

Also; WE NEED TO RP.