Add more intellect Polearms!

Monk
If you're a Mistweaver monk, you've probably realized 2handed staves have super low weapon DPS. However, there's a few intellect polearms. Namely, the one you get as the reward for your 80 monk quest, one from archaeology and one other i'm not sure of the origin on. All of these polearms have significantly higher weapon dps than staves, meaning you get way more healing from Eminence and Serpent's Zeal.

By adding more Intellect polearms you don't have to worry about increasing the DPS on staves, which would make weird outlier situations where it might be viable for casters to melee a boss. With spellpower polearms, the only people who would benefit are melee monks and maybe some kind of weird moonkin build, but since Moonkin are casting so often that they don't have chances to melee I can't see it being a problem.

The groundwork is already there, you have intellect/spellpower polearms already, you just need to take it one step further and add a couple at level 90!
bump
Issue is, fistweavers would be the only ones that would use them. Blizzard is trying to avoid weapons that only one class or spec uses (despite having caused exactly that by removing agi polearms from druids and ranged weapons from warriors and rogues...).
09/30/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Daerius
Issue is, fistweavers would be the only ones that would use them. Blizzard is trying to avoid weapons that only one class or spec uses (despite having caused exactly that by removing agi polearms from druids and ranged weapons from warriors and rogues...).

They never removed agi polearms from druids.

And two other classes could use it. Three, if we count specs.

Balance and Resto Druids, and Holy Paladins. Heck, maybe even Rets, I dunno.
I meant hunters, sorry. Anyway, my point is, the only weapon type in the game that's used by only one class or spec (excluding the few rare intellect polearms and axes) are the ranged weapons due to the recent weapon slot changes. Otherwise, everything has multiple uses. Intellect polearms do not, or at least they would fill no niche that isn't already filled by Staves, except fistweaving.