Discussion: Guild Accountability.

Wyrmrest Accord
Lawl, every orc is now Thokk
There's been a lot of these weird, eluding drama but hinting at starting it, type of threads lately. >.>
Kiethoo's Rules for Guild Leadership.

Rule #1 : The Word of the Guild Leader is Law.
Rule #2 : See Rule #1 Again.
Rule #3 : Being an Officer just means I will listen to you first, then decide what I will for the Guild.
Rule #4 : There is only one solution to Drama, /Gkick
Rule #5 : To question the Guild Leader is TREASON. The Solution to Mutiny is simple! mass /Gkick

Rule #6 : No one is above the Guild Leader, except for the Guild Leader's girlfriend/wife/lover/ect.
Rule #7 : The Word of the Guild Leader's GF/Wife/Lover/Ect. IS LAW!
Rule #8 : Never show Weakness before Guildmembers, never let lesser member question you in guild chat !
Rule #9 : It is the job of the Officers to SERVE the Guild Leader, not to question him.
Rule #10 : See Rule #1 again.

Yuck.
09/30/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Taldin
Lawl, every orc is now Thokk
09/30/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Alisyn
There's been a lot of these weird, eluding drama but hinting at starting it, type of threads lately. >.>

I quoted this one for a reason, but I plan to post back to any who addressed me or the thread.

@Vincentus

Not anyone in particular, to be perfectly honest. I get on, read the forums a bit, do my four hour long race to search funding for my schooling as I have been all weak during peak office hours for the student financing with the law enforcement school involved, then I level my panda monk with the wife to wind down the day. It has however occurred to me, a rash of these were popping up, and generally, I enjoy getting the opinion from those I share this site with. Considering the dinky little town of Akeley Mn, that is my home, its the best form of entertaining conversation I can snatch up.

As for the second question, most of the questions are aimed towards personal stances of the readers who answer, and their views. That is why the thread was labeled a discussion.

@ Tavook, all very valid points of view, thank you for responding.

@Alisyn, bit off put you think I am out to start drama. If you wish any proof that no personal grudges have been out to be had here, you can ask anything of my current standing with anyone you may have heard rumors off my stance with them, and I will answer you with honesty.

KIETHOO, my cats still won't come near the computer den, for fear of scalding tea being shot out of their owners nose. Well played. lol

Edit: Because I forgot Lore's reply, and I apologize for that.

@Loreynna, while I have felt the same at times, it is a depressing thought to hold in my opinion, and I do my best to give the benefit of the doubt the other person behind the adjacent avatar to mine, will remember I am a Human Being.

Edit again...: Because I somehow mistook Thokk...for Kiethoo.../facepalm activated for all time.
I'm amused that you still haven't noticed that Thokk wasn't the original Orc poster. Especially given the responses in the thread so far. Let me help you out: Keithoo and Thokk aren't the same guy. That's all I have to add to this.
10/01/2012 02:09 AMPosted by Jannit
I'm amused that you still haven't noticed that Thokk wasn't the original Orc poster. Especially given the responses in the thread so far. Let me help you out: Keithoo and Thokk aren't the same guy. That's all I have to add to this.

welp....colored me tired....blast it all!

Note to self: reread all Orc posts from now on, and stop using the little picture to identify posters.
welp....colored me tired....blast it all!

Note to self: reread all Orc posts from now on, and stop using the little picture to identify posters.
So what you're saying is, all orcs look the same.

How racist.

For shame, sir, for shame!

But to the topic, you will be better served accepting that they won't consider you a fellow human being. People that don't care enough about you (or others) to treat you (or others) decently aren't worth the time spent worrying about their opinion.
You want Kaahn to be responisible for my antics?

That's just plain mean. Nobody deserves that.
@ Kiethoo: That was funny, and like most good humor there is a grain of truth to it. However...

*The Gnome pulls a lightweight folding ladder and a Gnomish mechanical pocket quill from her bag and carefully adds another Rule above all the others...*

Rule Zero: The Guild Leader works for the guild, NOT the other way around.

09/30/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Vincentus
First question: Who got under your skin enough to require bringing this up at all?

I suspect that may have been me. Long story short: a Guild posted a recruitment thread, and a former member posted a rambling tale of drama and resentment in said thread. I didnt think that was appropriate and I said as much.

@OP
Guilds ARE accountable to the community for their actions to a certain extent, albeit perhaps not the way you imagine or might prefer. There is no unified community body with power to punish guilds and their leaders for perceived offenses.

That said, guilds WILL gain a reputation on the realm among the people who spend enough time there to hear the scuttlebutt that makes the rounds in-game. It is inevitable. Some of that information will be true. Some of it will be exaggerated. And some of it will be base lies and slander. But over time, the truth WILL out.

When the number of things you hear about a particular guild starts to pile up on one side of the scale or the other, YOUR opinion of them will shift as well. But when its only one person (or just a few) telling you bad things about a guild all the time, it doesnt tip the scale very far because you know they may have a personal grudge or something. But when you start hearing stories from a lot of people whose opinions you value, that can have a much greater impact on your personal opinion. And its the same with everyone else.

So just one /Rant either on the forums or in-game or whatever, isnt going to change anyone's perception of a particular guild very much. But it might change people's perceptions about *you* quite a bit.

One last point I'd like to make: Traditionally Guild Recruitment threads have always been viewed as belonging to the guild that posted them, and a tacit laissez-faire attitude is the norm. Sure they are posted in a public space. But idea is you let them have their space to tell people about their guild and you dont go into it and start slinging mud. And they in turn afford you and your guild the same courtesy.

If you like the guild... great! Give em a /bump! Dont like 'em? Just dont post in their thread and it will soon disappear from your view.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
@Forbidra

What, no one listens to what is said from an OP anymore, or is everyone so jaded to think that a post is what gets under a guys skin.

Forbidra, you can logically claim to be a catalyst to this finally being done, as shown here from the previous thread we interacted in,

Not going to make an entire debate happen here in a Guild Recruitment thread, because the previous posts actually pertained to the Guild in question, and would be on subject. A debate, derailing the thread, would not.

So, to a new thread we go.

But to suggest you got under my skin, would imply a personal interest on my part. While I appreciate the work and contribution Gnomeregan Forever has done, as well as yourself for the community at large, I do not have a personal interest hinged on your words, or actions towards me. No offense meant.

10/01/2012 01:17 AMPosted by Pyae
Not anyone in particular, to be perfectly honest. I get on, read the forums a bit, do my four hour long race to search funding for my schooling as I have been all weak during peak office hours for the student financing with the law enforcement school involved, then I level my panda monk with the wife to wind down the day. It has however occurred to me, a rash of these were popping up, and generally, I enjoy getting the opinion from those I share this site with. Considering the dinky little town of Akeley Mn, that is my home, its the best form of entertaining conversation I can snatch up.

Since that seems to have been over looked, to reiterate, no one has gotten under my "skin" and they likely never will unless they somehow find one of my hidden set off nate buttons. Never likely to happen unless you knew me personally, so I don't have any worries there.

This was not a rant, this was a discussion your post in a previous thread did a small part in sparking me to do so, but again, in no way did you upset me to get me to "rant".

@Loreynna, suppose you have a point, I guess I just choose to have a more positive outlook towards those kinds of folk.

@Lakami....yep, I shall make someone endure such a thing. Because I am an evil norseman.

Also, I have no idea what I am talking about in view of such things with your guild. Just thought it would be amusing.