Is mop worth it?

New Player Help and Guides
I stopped playing mid cata, the game just felt like it was missing something that made it fun,
i don't know what. Could have just burned out real bad.

My question is, to anyone who feels like posting, is mop worth the box price + a month of sub just to see if i want to come back?

Has anything changed for the better in game?

Any opinions on MoP are appreciated, just keep it calm. No theramore sucked, i already stopped caring about the lore long before i stopped playing.
09/29/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Totym
Any opinions on MoP are appreciated, just keep it calm. No theramore sucked, i already stopped caring about the lore long before i stopped playing.

You won't get such responses in this forum. Here we strive to give people the info they seek, with no trolling, and the regulars try to stay away from personal opinions and biases as much as possible.

As for your question:

This forum is frequented by people who like the game and are currently playing it. There's a few here who've let their subscriptions lapse, but that's mostly due to a lack of funds than a dissatisfaction with the game. With that in mind, we also have no idea why you left or what you didn't like that made you quit.

MoP (like every other expansion) has added new features, shuffled the classes/specs around, and has retooled the talent & glyph system. If the reasons why you left could have been solved by such changes, then come back and try it.

Note that the core mechanics of the game (Dungeons/quests/PvP, Dailies, rep grinding, etc) have not changed just like they didn't change in the last 3 expansions, so if that's what you were tired of, it's likely no different for you now.
It's pretty, it's at least as engaging as any storyline I've played to date and better than most in my opinion, and .... I've been having a blast with my 8 year old with something I thought was going to be too totally moronic to even try when I first heard about it:

Pet Battling is also highly engaging in an odd "Return to Monster Rancher" sort of way. No pressure, no real expectations, no XP and no benefit, but it's a lot of fun.

In my opinion, a lot has changed for the better. Some things right now are somewhat problematic, and most especially the cross realm zone feature still needs some polishing. If you can look past a bug or two and still enjoy the game, then I'd suggest that now's the perfect time to retry it. If a few rough edges are going to drive you ballistic, give it another month or 3.

If you stopped playing long enough ago to qualify you might want to check out the information on the Scroll of Resurrection promotion (if that's still running), as that might help you decide as well.

<S>