Alright.. Powershot

Hunter
So this kind of bugged me out, not sure if it's old news or a bug
But why isn't powershot knocking back players?
It works on NPC's but not a single player
Doesn't say on the tooltip at all that it doesn't knock players back

So what the f blizz
I'll be testing it out today as soon as I hit 90.
I was hoping they would add a glyph that would remove the knockback if you wanted.

Sometimes it can be terrible to fight something then knock it into other !@#$. Not like it was a terrible issue, but they did add the psychic scream glyph to keep things from just running all over the place.
I can confirm it working on players in BGs.
how much was it hitting for on average? (guesstimate) vs glaive toss in bgs
Ok i just got done doing AB (Went in to knock people off >:D) and its not hitting players only NPCs. im sure this is a bug but when im hitting NPCs it knocks back and on crits hits for around 130-140k my ilev is like 447. hope this helps
I've gotten the knock back to work (I can make a recording if we need, but I'd rather not). I've noticed that it seems REALLY delayed however, and sometimes the slightest incline makes them not move at all. So be sure to watch where you're shooting.
Powershot is just not that great of an ability. Takes too long to get off, unless you're rapid firing, 1 min CD on a casted shot (REALLY?)... Damage is pretty good though but you're not gonna get off many of those in real pvp situations.
09/30/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Mezasu
Powershot is just not that great of an ability. Takes too long to get off, unless you're rapid firing, 1 min CD on a casted shot (REALLY?)... Damage is pretty good though but you're not gonna get off many of those in real pvp situations.
I'm thinking glaives might be better after some testing, or even barage just for the damage it brings.
I've been just using Glaives in my BM spec which I PvP on, and only because of the instant cast ability. Its pretty horrible trying to cast a powershot unless youre in stealth during camo or under rapid fire.
I've had pretty good luck in getting off scatter shot-powershot combos. I noticed it was really easy in my quest gear that had a lot of haste on it.

That gave me the idea to use focus fire to consume frenzy stacks to get powershots off, and that works really well.

So I like powershot as BM though I have noticed that the knockback effect fails a lot.
every hunter that's tried to cast this on me has gotten a scatter shot to the face.

i'm not really sure why anyone would bother with this in pvp. your average player with half a brain is just going to interrupt this which means you'd have to set it up again, wasting even more time.

the 60 second cooldown makes it even worse. which forces it into a situation where ideally you just use this as an opener and just forget about it as you engage in combat.

lousy lvl 90 talent overall. it's just a renamed aimed shot with a knock back, which we already have if you glyph explosive trap.
the nockback is not worth the cast time for pvp positioning benefit / loss

glave toss or barrage is a better option hands down due to how pathetic the knockback is
With a lucky crit it hits like a truck, the knock back is better than I expected. We are already global starved spamming arcane shot and keeping conc up as it is, so I like the 1 minute cd. Great for switches I would imagine.

From memory camo and intimidation are both 1 minute cds... I can't see a problem getting a 2.5 sec cast off lol.

Pretty sure I'll stick with powershot.