Faction Justice Gear Hotfix

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
This doesn't really do a whole lot. The PVP gear is level 450. The hard part is hitting 463.
Woohoo fatty panda happy!
That's good because I've been running heroics like a maniac and haven't really seen any hunter gear drop. It's all plate or shammy gear.
10/01/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Alphadruid
The result of this change is that most of the gear we craft with our professions is worthless less than a week into the expansion.

And this is different from previous expansions how?
Are there BoE JP Items?
I am a little disappointed by this move. Many of us were heroic ready without this change. I almost feel like I did all this work to get the gear to do heroics to have Blizzard say hey we know you worked hard and got into heroics on the merit of hard work (or a lot of gold). But we're going to give the slower, lazier people over here a reward. Ok? Sadly this entire xpac has felt a bit like that.

Where is something nice for those of us who did not wait for your hand outs Blizzard?

Also JP gear is pretty well worthless beyond the first day or so. An up in ilvl of the gear would have been more appreciated.
Any word on Valor gear being gated behind Dailies / Rep Grind?
Any word on Motes being BoA?
Any word on Motes being available from excess Honor?

Seems Raiders and PvPrs are being forced to play Farmville and Grind Rep to enjoy thier game.
10/01/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Maigraith
A step in the right direction, but as long as valor still requires a rep grind, gearing up is gonna be a painful process, especially for alts.

oh so you want ilvl 489 gear when you have the right amount of VP?

they might as well not have an LFR version of raids then...... the VP gear woudl be too easy to get if the rep grind wasn't there.

THE VP GEAR IS MANY ILVLS BETTER THAN LFR GEAR..

/endrant

earn it you scrub
Question, with a change like this why is there Blue quality gear on some of the vendors (Like The Klaxxi) that require an exalted rep, it takes too much time to grind these reps to make the gear relevant.
Any word on Valor gear being gated behind Dailies / Rep Grind?
Any word on Motes being BoA?
Any word on Motes being available from excess Honor?

Seems Raiders and PvPrs are being forced to play Farmville and Grind Rep to enjoy thier game.

earn it the right way.

if VP wasnt gated, no one would do LFR since VP gear is better than LFR gear
ehh, i was fine with the rep grinding to be honest :P oh well.
10/02/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Opticx
Question, with a change like this why is there Blue quality gear on some of the vendors (Like The Klaxxi) that require an exalted rep, it takes too much time to grind these reps to make the gear relevant.

again. im triple posting becasue people DONT GET IT

VP gear is MANY ITEM LEVELS BETTER than LFR loot

THAT IS WHY IT IS GATED
Sweet, this is going to help alot of the guildies pull up some items before raid tonight.

I REALLY wish I hadn't bought the staff from my monk now... thinking I didn't have anything else to spend JP points on for a while.
yep, i was maxxed at 4k JP and was wondering what the hell I was going to do with it until I hit the needed rep..... day late and a dollar short blizz.......
10/02/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Greenaerrow
That's good because I've been running heroics like a maniac and haven't really seen any hunter gear drop. It's all plate or shammy gear.

I'll trade you. Because I get endless agi mail. I told my guildies yesterday blizzard must want me to go enhancement.

Also thanks blizz. This will help some of us at least get rid of a few more pieces of the green gear for the moment. Even if that's all it does, it's an up.
WTF Really? !@#$ it is not as if it is not easy enough

OK free epics
So... No BoE JP items?
There's an i450 chest from Klaxxi for fresh 90s who level in Dread Wastes. This single item might be useful for a few days, depending on your luck with drops.

By the time you're Honored with the new factions, i450 will be irrelevant. You'll have moved on, unless you have no gold or no desire to dungeon with some of the poor attitude pugs.

The blue JP rep gear is no better than normal dungeon gear or crafted blues on the AH... some of which are i463, like shields. The JP upgrades for most people will come at Revered, once they've been grinding dailies a little longer - sitting at the points cap.

I quested all of Townlong Steppes with guild rep bonus, but I'm only 4k Friendly with Shado-Pan. The Wowhead filter suggests another 925 rep from Kun Lai, a zone I skipped.

Justice is currently a useless currency to me and the i450 rewards probably need to be available at Friendly to have any relevance to players. That said, removing the idiotic Golden Lotus requirement was a no-brainer. Hire me, I'll fix your game.
WTF Really? !@#$ it is not as if it is not easy enough

OK free epics

Where? I see no epics. Oh, I get it, you have no idea what you're even complaining about, gotcha.
You do realize everyone is just going to convert their JP to Honor today and buy the PvP gear which is much better than the crappy 450 blues on vendors, right?

Why isn't the Justice Point gear 463? There's no reason it is so inferior to other gear available...