Scroll of Wisdom

Professions
Why is there a CD on this. The reason i have an issue is because I have to make a choice of either hording 20 of them for 20 days to make a staff or I can use them to make Darkmoon cards. All of the other professions dont have to make this kind of choice.
Unless you're proposing splitting scroll generation off of our daily research grind, that's your answer.

All of the other professions dont have to make this kind of choice.

What, like Jewelcrafters having to rely on 16 days worth of cooldowns from another profession to make one mount? That grass must look pretty green..
But you are able to make your mount by purchasing the bars needed to make the mount, Inscripionists arent able to do so.
Jewelcrafters can only learn 1 pattern a day. Tailors can only make 1 cloth a day. Alchemists can only make 1 living steel bar a day. All of the professions are different, but they are still all throttled in some way.

I thought however that scribes had dailies and weeklies for generating more scrolls. Plus you should be able to burn SoH to make more then one scroll a day. Though at the end of the day, you have a choice, make a great staff or make a lot of gold (potentially).
Becasue cooldowns prevent the price of crafted items from being driven down to the cost of materials, and prevent the market from being dominated by the most dedicated AH campers, like it is with glyphs.
The inscription Staff is Bind on account. No one can use it except the inscriptionist. Everyone else gets to use their profession item as soon as they can afford the mats. I dont care about the cards really. I just wanna be able to make the epic staff and not have to wait 20 days to make it.
10/02/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Jozie
Jewelcrafters can only learn 1 pattern a day. Tailors can only make 1 cloth a day. Alchemists can only make 1 living steel bar a day. All of the professions are different, but they are still all throttled in some way.

Tailors and Inscriptionists get the shaft IMO. With Alchemists, their product is BoE. Tailors can still SoH farm if they want, but their product is still confined to BoP.
By the time I can make the staff, I will most likely have better which defeats the purpose in the first place.
10/02/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Keeblik
Becasue cooldowns prevent the price of crafted items from being driven down to the cost of materials, and prevent the market from being dominated by the most dedicated AH campers, like it is with glyphs.

They may have this affect, but they aren't in place to keep prices high for crafters. They are in place to throttle the influx of top end goods into the game.

Unless or until Blizzard wants to allow people to farm all day and be able to create unlimited high end goods, cool-downs and things like BOP Harmonies will exist.
It's not on a cooldown if you wanna pay for it.

There's a repeatable quest in the first Pandaria zone (i forget it's name) which rewards a Scroll of Wisdom- but it costs 5 Spirit of Harmony and 5 of the rare inks. If you've got infinite spirits and infinite ink you could get infinite SoWs in a few minutes.
i agree unlike all the other professions who have the choice to use their SOH to make there blue unlimited times a day why can't we have that option as a insciptionist
10/04/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Genshin
By the time I can make the staff, I will most likely have better which defeats the purpose in the first place.

Which is why the staff is BoP, so even if you can't use it, your alts can. Plus, after you are done with it, you can trade it in for half your scrolls back.

10/04/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Hoxton
There's a repeatable quest in the first Pandaria zone (i forget it's name) which rewards a Scroll of Wisdom- but it costs 5 Spirit of Harmony and 5 of the rare inks. If you've got infinite spirits and infinite ink you could get infinite SoWs in a few minutes.

I thought the quests were limited to once a week still.
They are scribes, not "inscriptionists."
10/14/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Marthi
They are scribes, not "inscriptionists."

Inscriptionators.
biggest problem i have is, it cost 45 spirits of harmony a week for 5 extra scrolls. that's ridiculous. and we are still limited as inscriptionist on the total # of wisdom scrolls we make plain an simple. and yes, no other profession has a cap like this. or a cost to rival ours

I thought however that scribes had dailies and weeklies for generating more scrolls. Plus you should be able to burn SoH to make more then one scroll a day. Though at the end of the day, you have a choice, make a great staff or make a lot of gold (potentially).

Coulnd't be truer.
10/14/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Tiandis
biggest problem i have is, it cost 45 spirits of harmony a week for 5 extra scrolls. that's ridiculous. and we are still limited as inscriptionist on the total # of wisdom scrolls we make plain an simple. and yes, no other profession has a cap like this. or a cost to rival ours

DMC trinkets are SUPPOSED to be rare and difficult to make. They tend to be BiS slot items for many classes and specs for at least the first tier of raiding and often times even longer.

Entry level crafted blue/epic armor/weapons are NOT supposed to be rare or particularly hard to make. They quickly get replaced with even LFR armor/weapons.

See the difference?

Quit crying over it - or maybe do some pre-planning next time. I leveled up multiple scribes in anticipation of being limited to one Scroll of Wisdom / day.
Just roll 10 alts, learn Inscription on them all, spam darkmoon cards, hello 1 million gold.
Or at least make it a guaranteed full deck completion after you plop in 20 scroll of wisdom and about 400 starlight ink.Nothing more annoying saving up like 30 stupid scrolls and all you get is the same stupid cards over and over making you wait another stupid month after doing for 2 months.