Balance-PvP(druid)- feedback/bugs/problems

Arenas
Alright this will be a attemped to bring many matters up to light that i have found with Balance PVP, gameplay and so forth, please excuse my many mistakes as english isnt my first language but hopefully you can still get the message.

Outline:

1) Inconsistensy with spells for balance vs other caster classes(warlock/mage/eleshaman)

2) Gameplay problems for balance specificly VS feral and restoration

3) Eclipse and my thoughts/experience

4) PVP set bonuses

5) Bugs

6)General

OK so here goes:

1) Inconsistensy with spells for balance vs other caster classes(warlock/mage/eleshaman)

a)cyclone range: its 20yards but every other cc fear/sheep/hex is 30 yards i know also that cyclone was 30 yards originally but it was to OP for resto so the range was nerfed, however why should this affect balance druids it never was a problem in their hands? I understand different abilities are different but its inconsistent with other caster CC, Balance should have this 30 yard range baseline and remove the glyphs for them that increase range.

b) Typhoon on GCD why? you took away the damage and for example warlock AOE stun(shadowfury) is instant does no dmg now but it has no GCD (from testing it looks like its 0.1sec GCD prapobly only so they cant mash to many abilities at once).

Carrion swarm the demonform typhoon spell has also 0.1 sec GCD and it does damage, why do we keep typhoon on the GCD for druids if you took the damage away. The druid is plagued with GCD especially balance druids.

c) Roots- again a ability that was fine being instant for balance but was nerfed because of resto, take a look at frostnova or frost shock they both do damage and root/snare the other is AOE, please introduce a glyph that puts it on a 10 sec cooldown but its instant, because right now it does no damage its 1.7 cast time, locks out ur main school of magic and simply its not worth casting in mid combat since risk of getting locked out is to high and the it breaks after 1 nuke, furthermore it does NO DAMAGE at all.

2) Gameplay problems for balance specificly VS feral and restoration

you have done a wonderfull job on resto being able to go into feral forms and do some dps its not OP but its fun and just feels GREAT!

However there is a unique problem for balance druids unlike resto which shift into feral form 1(GCD) and then can cast healing spells right out of it and they return to their original form without any problems its not the case for balance druids to return to original form they waste 1GCD to shift into feral form and another GCD to shift back to moonkin which in PVP is 3 sec without haste reducing youre GCD is an eternity! Feels clunky!

so if i want to let say mangle a target its 3 GCD for a single mangle since its shiftin 1gcd mangle 1gcd shift back to moonkin 1gcd, does not feel good and this is unique problem for balance druids.

Another problem here is using dispacer beast talent feels great on resto click it 1 GCD shift u into cat and stealth, then next GCD you can cast for moonkin you have to waste a extra GCD to shift back into form BALANCE is plagued with extra GCD consumptions, and we need to be in moonkin form since we are balanced around it right?

My biggest sugestion would be to have moonkin form an a seperate GCD or shifting in general on a seperate GCD or simply when shifting out of cat/bear it would put you back into moonkin if you were originally in that form.
[b]
3) Eclipse and my thoughts/experience [/b]

Since it original design this went from stoneage to rocket science with the adition of astral communication and double energy generated when out of eclipse and half energy consumed it feels 100000x better! From hating it im ok with it, im not thrilled but its SOO much better! Thank you bliz!

To be honest in PVP we do not go fast enough from left to right and back en forth simply since casttime spells are not happening instant starsurge is really what moves the bar the most and when i get a time to stop and do astral communication is how i usually get eclipse.

I belive that something could be done to help us move the bar more in combat when were underfire especially from melees, the instant root could help us create more room to get a cast off and it breaks after 1 nuke but at least we could cast then.

4) PVP set bonuses

Please do not make our 2 set piece and 4 set piece for eclipse! one of them is enough the 4piece is really a good answer to eclipse in pvp for many cases, the 2 piece could be used to help us with survivability and being trained since that usually is the case!

5) bugs

If you make a macro in guardian/feral specs to use THRASH then go into resto/balance spec and go bearform you can still use trash seeing as this ability is not avabile for balance/resto this is clearly a bug, not a huge deal but its there. Also all specs can use faerie fire guardian glyph for 3 sec silence with 15 sec cooldown not sure if this is intended.

-Ursol's vortex does not work alot of the time whether its to server/client lag or whatnot it dosent work alot of the time it should please take a look at it.

-Treant abilities: cannot macro these, for example the root from balance treants cannot be found in spellbook nor can i figure out the correct name for it on my own, so therefore can't be put in a macro which is extreamly annoying :/

6) General

-Treants positional requirment (have to click on ground where to place them) it really feels clunky to have to place them, i think it would be much better a having a target and just releasing them.

-Incarnation (i'm sorry if this is a total complaint but i think its valid)-

a) why the extra layer of requirement to use incarnation gaining the +25% damage for nature/arcane spells ONLY if you are in eclipse? Really nessasery to use our 3 min cooldown??? feral/guardian/resto has no requirement like this!

b) It brings no flavor to the gameplay its just a strait dmg buff! the other 3 alter cooldowns and how spells can be used and they give bonuses to their specs! For crying outload resto has instant roots in incarnation and balance does NOT! :(

-Moonfire spam the 3 second buff to make it longer its to short any silence charge stun or anything at all drops the buff and makes us ramp it up again it should be longer! perhaps this is a pve balance problem but still valid. Perhaps what you could do that would make it viable in pvp and not affect pve much is if you are getting hit with stun/silence or atacks the buff is extended for the duration?

There prapobly more things, but this is all off the top of my head thats just stands out there nothing crazy sugestions and i do not belive any of this would make balance OP in pvp.

Discuss? thx...
Why do hypbrids love comparing to pure dps class specs?
09/29/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Scrufu

because pures got just as much healing now as we do, and still better control. There is inconsistencies even with ele shaman and spriest hibryts aswell right?
09/29/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Scrufu

This is like the worst argument ever.
I thought the glove bonus increased the range on cyclone.
09/29/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Novâ
thought the glove bonus increased the range on cyclone.

we have glove and glyph bonus to bring us to where other casters have it by naturally? instead of extra like every other caster gets
09/29/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Zmora
thought the glove bonus increased the range on cyclone.

we have glove and glyph bonus to bring us to where other casters have it by naturally? instead of extra like every other caster gets
40 yard cyclone would make feral too strong.

Also cyclone is more powerful then lets say polly/fear because it can be used on for example the kill target when they are sub 30% health to prevent heals while lining up another cc on the healer.

Also it cant be dispelled of course.
you cannot dmg target in cyclone and it has shorter duration then other ccs 6 4 2 vs 10 6 4? i think.

its pretty even imo

cant dmg cant heal.

shorter duration but cant be dispelled.

ALso like i said take away the glyphs and change set bonus not to give range on cyclone and feral does not have that set bonus anyway.

what im saying is make baseline for moonkin 30yards ONLY for moonkin
09/29/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Eponine
what kind of sick joke is this

take a look at how much a lock can heal and most of it is off the GCD
09/29/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Zmora
6 4 2 vs 10 6 4?
fear/polly start at 7.

cant dmg cant heal.
You never cyclone a target you need to be on anyway unless you are waiting on the drs for the healer.

shorter duration but cant be dispelled.
by one second.
09/29/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Eponine
because pures got just as much healing now as we do

what kind of sick joke is this
Hunters healing is op..every hunter is just doing it wrong.
09/29/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Novâ
fear/polly start at 7.

im certain its at least 8, it was 10 be4 i belive, you see 7 since thats howmany seconds are left for example if you have a hot that lasts 12 seconds you wont see 12 when you just cast it but 11 since thats how many seconds is left on it
alot of healing that pures have is rolled into their dmg abilities are instant with larger cooldowns or so forth which nets there just as much prapobly or more HP then i can do as balance while balance takes a heavy hit to their control for being able to be a hibryt and offheal:

Mages: at 90 have 60k shield 25 sec CD, coldsnap returns 30% hleath with 300k+ hp thats over 100k, correct talent/glyph gives evocation 10 sec CD and 40% hp back which is over 100k again,

Locks: plz don't even get me started their the biggest offenders

Hunters: BM and marks can both get exilaration or spirit bond one is passive and don't need to do anything the other is instant and larger cooldown.

then you have spirit beast heal or chimera shot both of these can be done while fully doing ur dps.

Rogues are fine since they sacrifice dmg for healing and visa vs

one very important factor you do not realize is that every rejuv is GCD if were using it to heal we can't dmg you and in balance its WAY WAY less we do not have the healing that lets say resto has. Secondly in combat no fuking way can you cast healing touch unless ur target is CCed and with the pummel/silence/stuns getting any cast time spells is luls.

healing touch is 45k 2.5 sec cast VS mage shield instant 60k shield....