Potion of Luck, not worth it...

General Discussion
3 Golden Lotus to craft... In order to find golden lotus, you would need to farm herbs all day long. IT's ultra random, plus with other herb gatherers.

OR

You can buy 3 for 700+ gold EACH.... These potions are going for 1500-2700 gold.

What do you get from these potions?

1 hour of a "chance" to get a plundered chest which contains:

1-6 gold
Ore
Cloth
Random green item (Rare chance at a blue)

You will probably find, MAYBE, 15 boxes on average in one hour. You don't even have a chance to make your money back.

Can you change the materials to make these potions? Like maybe 5 of each herb not including lotus?

It's ridiculous and a fun concept that is butchered.
3 Golden Lotus to craft... In order to find golden lotus, you would need to farm herbs all day long. IT's ultra random, plus with other herb gatherers.

OR

You can buy 3 for 700+ gold EACH.... These potions are going for 1500-2700 gold.

What do you get from these potions?

1 hour of a "chance" to get a plundered chest which contains:

1-6 gold
Ore
Cloth
Random green item (Rare chance at a blue)

You will probably find, MAYBE, 15 boxes on average in one hour. You don't even have a chance to make your money back.

Can you change the materials to make these potions? Like maybe 5 of each herb not including lotus?

It's ridiculous and a fun concept that is butchered.

Two blue BOE's that I received from just killing things has netted me 5,000g so far. If you find even one in those 15 boxes you have gotten your money back.
It is a little much.

I'd rather it be 5 of each herb... maybe throw in a mote of harmony in there too (not a spirit) or something else to make it more 'valuable' but easily farmed. I've seen a grand total of 3 golden lotuses, across my characters.
There's also a vendor that sells Golden Lotus in stacks of 3 for a Spirit of Harmony.
I want you to come back in a year and say that these potions will not be cost effective then.
They seem to have tuned it like they did the potion of treasure finding in CAT, which is to say that they assumed you'll be AE grinding in a target rich environment with fast respawn.

They're not meant to be the sort of thing you brew up and keep on all the time. They're a specialty item. Wait until you're a few months into the expansion and lotus prices go down, and even then hold them until you plan to wade into a long series of fights.
Where is the best place to farm with the potions now? My first guess would be one of the hozen areas.
10/02/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Healeighgee
Where is the best place to farm with the potions now? My first guess would be one of the hozen areas.
Dread Wastes, down the war path things.
Run with mind control, control a Bladesworn.
Run with Children of the Grave.
Proceed to obliterate anything and everything in sight.

Children of the Grave: 50% chance on kill to infect enemy corpse with a parasite.
After 8 second the parasite's eggs explode dealing damage (I've pegged it at between 140k and 160k) to everything within the radius. Damage can crit. Also summons parasites to help you in combat for a short time
Thanks!
You could always trade one of your Spirit of Farmony for 3 golden lotus.
This issue is not the Pot o luck mat requirements, but rather the flawed concept of Golden Lotus at its current availability.

You can't fly around and gather it really. Spend hours and hours only to net three. Buying them with Harmony is a crap shoot because of how long it takes the farm the motes... and even then you only get 3... so good luck.

The sad thing is... for a 25 man guild that even raids only 2 nights a week, we are looking at 2 flasks each night per person.

Thats 100 golden lotus that is required all week. And that's before we get our 3 or 4 ten man alt runs going.

Golden lotus is a tiny thimble of a support that props up a MASSIVE MASSIVE market. xmuting needs them (which makes xmuting gems no longer profitable as they once were) and flasks need them when raiding is set to open soon.

With all these guilds out there going to start progression and each of them wanting to provide flasks for their runs, we are going to see just how stupid the golden lotus prices are going to get.

They aren't going to get cheaper, if anything, as more and more guilds start pushing the raids, we are going to see golden lotus price explode. At current supply, there WILL NOT be enough to go around and the price is going to inflate like crazy.

If you don't raid, care about what your guild can provide and are selfish greedy gold goblin, the market is gonna be awesome for you. If you hang on to your GL now... you'll get the opportunity to join all the other price gougers next week and get more gold than you can shake a stick at.
Farm ten Mote of Harmony and create a Spirit of Harmony. You can turn one in for a Golden Lotus.
Strange... the other night I found 5 lotus while herbing a few hours. Must have had luck on my side that night.
There should be an honor and JP store that sells crafting material for currency.

OR like a "bag of herbs" which has a chance of golden lotus if they don't like str8 buying them.

Golden Lotus I think is the main problem. I liked the green herbs better when it had a rare chance of spawning on ANY herb. RAther than a rare spawn herb.

Not many players have gathering BECAUSE 2 tradeskills give us more stats.

I wish tradeskills never gave us stats for raiding ect.... I would rather be Alchemy/Herbalism but I wanna max my DPS.
I say with the Golden Lotus they need to go back to the Wrath formula where when your farming your herbs you can get a frost lotus, but this spirt of harmony for 3 or trying to get lucky out in the world is just crazy.......
Doing the math at a decent farming speed (on my server), it will not be worth using a potion of luck until it is worth about 150g
Ya, either add a JP/honor vender with crafting material or have a chance to get a golden lotus from random herbs OR have an NPC that exchanges 20-50 of one herb for 1 lotus. Anything, the current way is pretty extreme.
these potion TOTALY WORTH IT !!! (depending server prize)

Exodar prize : 1000g per potion,golden lotus sell 270g (810 for 3)

OR exchange 1 spirit of harmony for 3 golden lotus, use alchemy to made the potion.
thats what i do.

now u need a good AOE griding zone.. (monkey in valley of four wind) are a good spot, (not the best one i find.)

jade forest level 85-87 hozen grinding.
50min farming. 21 box (JC+miner, soo no cloth bonus from tailoring)

360g from loot+trash item+box
11 green item
9 jade squash 144 gold
5striped melon 33 gold 50silver
22 mote of harmony 1620gold +2 mote (buy 6golden lotus with 2 spirit of harmony)
170 windwool cloth 586 gold 50silver
10 ghost iron ore 40 gold
11 white trillium 264 gold
7 black trillium 262 gold 50silver
--------------------------------
total 3310 gold 50silver

2ND run, 1 hour on hozen in valley of four wind+elite here.

18 box.

249gold 18silver 93 from loot+trash item+gold in box.

13 green
160 cloth 450gold
15 black trillium 375gold
7 white trillium 168gold
72 mote (exchanged for 7 lotus+2 mote) 5670 gold
20 ghost iron ore 90 gold
6 jade squash 71 gold 70silver
1 stripen melon 6 gold
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
total 7079 gold 88 silver 93 cooper.

grand total 10,390 gold 38silver after 2hours.