Mistweaver: Mouseover macro problems. Or not.

Monk
I've been tanking primarily while leveling but have a Mistweaver offspec for change of pace.

I have used mouseover macros for all my previous healers [shaman being my favorite and most used healer].

Mistweaver mouseover spells don't seem to be working the way they do with other healers.
While channeling Soothing Mist on mouseover'd Target A [while having a mob or boss 'physically' targeted], the insta-cast Enveloping Mist and Surging Mist do not go to the mouseover'd Target B.

Maybe I'll have to click targets to heal 'em after years of mouseovers. :(

edit:

...orrrrr this is how Mistweaver has to work.. re-mouseover new target, re-cast Soothing Mists to get insta-cast Surge/Envelop. Almost like casting Riptide/Renew followed immediately by Greater Healing Wave/Greater Heal etc, just Soothing Mist acting as the initial HoT.

tl;dr -- might have answered myself with my own post.
The instant cast Enveloping Mist and Surging Mist only heal the target of your Soothing Mist.
This is why I tend to use Renewing + Uplift to heal non-tanks, unless they are suddenly taking a huge amount of damage (in which case Soothing -> Enveloping or Surging makes sense).
Yes; the special "instant-cast EM & SuM without interrupting your SoM channel" ability we have can only heal one target at a time - whoever you're targetting for the SoM channel.
10/03/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Lena
The instant cast Enveloping Mist and Surging Mist only heal the target of your Soothing Mist.

10/03/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Daerius
This is why I tend to use Renewing + Uplift to heal non-tanks, unless they are suddenly taking a huge amount of damage (in which case Soothing -> Enveloping or Surging makes sense).

Yes; the special "instant-cast EM & SuM without interrupting your SoM channel" ability we have can only heal one target at a time - whoever you're targetting for the SoM channel.

Cool. Thanks for the confirmations.

I then hope other searching souls find this post.. I looked for a while for this topic before creating a thread.