Alchemist’s Flask Not Incrementing

Customer Support
OK, I tried a support ticket and just got it closed with a blanket response and no actual answer.
I’ve tried wowhead and google. Nada. So here it goes into the mire with a forum post.

My other toons are all level 85 or less and their Zen Master professions (Tailoring, Enchanting, and Inscription) and got their MOP upgrades due to their profession level. All of them got the capability to enhance their stats to the level expected in the expansion.

However my Alchemist’s Flask on this toon only gives a mere +80 to strength which is at Cataclysm level. Being skill level 600, I would have expected it to scale with the other profession enhancements and provide substantially more strength (+320).

I can find no references to what needs to be done to convert the flask, or how to upgrade it.
There were nice tooltips for Tailoring telling me that thread would upgrade, no such luck with Alchemy.

Is it a bug or working as intended?
Same here, except I have 3 Alchemists, one at 525, one at 550, and another at 570. The flask of the 570 toon was upgraded to 320 (back when MoP was released), but not my other two alchemists?

What's frustrating is that I've had a ticket open for this problem for 4 days now and nada, zip, bupkis in response. [:-)

I'm wondering what would happen if I deleted the +80 flask and petitioned for a replacement.
This is not something a Game Master can really assist - it's a game hint.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84122

That may point you in the right direction :)
Is your toon 90?
My flask incremented at level 86 to +320 in your highest stat of Intellect, Agility, or Strength.
It has stayed that way through and including level 90. Wowhead is completely and utterly wrong about its statement of a +3420 bonus.

Heaven knows how Blizzard is determining when to grant this bonus (they apparently want to keep it a secret). I did have a 415 Item Level at that level as well, and maybe that figures into it somehow.

The problem that causes this confusion is that the developers fail to mention that this flask increments. Other professions tooltips mention that their enhancements increment based on skill level or can only be placed on certain item level items. This flask’s tooltip looks no different than the Endless Healing Potion, and that does not increment or improve at all.
10/24/2012 02:55 AMPosted by Chicagoan
My flask incremented at level 86 to +320 in your highest stat of Intellect, Agility, or Strength

^^

I have 3 maxed alchemists & to be honest I didn't pay a ton of attention lol But I thought it changed over to the MoP version at lvl 86+, wowhead claims lvl 87. So either 86 or 87 it becomes the updated MoP version.

Either way it goes by lvl and not skill.
so do I have to make a new one? Or does the one I used in Cataclysm just change automatically?
10/29/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Moobyburger
so do I have to make a new one? Or does the one I used in Cataclysm just change automatically?

This is not something a Game Master can really assist - it's a game hint.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84122

That may point you in the right direction :)

Did you look at the link?