Zandalar: The Cockroaches of WoW

General Discussion
Seriously, these guys have been around for years now. And now they are in my home lands? How did they even get to Pandaria in the first place? And why are they trying to make Pandaria their new homeland? Isnt Strangelthorn Vale and Zul'Draka good enough for them?

I need some super Raid: Troll Killer Max Strength to take them out. I feel like the Zandalar are the Dalaks and Cybermen of WoW.
I read somewhere something about the zandalari knew of pandaria or something of the sort... sorry my memory fails me but regardless there is a very distinct reason they are there and i can't remember why. probably something about mojo and good vibes or something.... mon...
the zandalar and the mogu are ancient allies. and i am guessing... they took a boat? if you go to kun-lai summit there is a zandalar invasion fleet to the north.

also, i thought the wandering isle was your homeland, not panderia.
You could just change the title to trolls.
considering the darkspear kicked their butts recently is just one indication. since the darkspear took back the echo isles that pretty much drove out the amani and the zandalari. as for how they got to pandaria I would love to know how they got there myself.
The Zandalar were allies of the Mogu before the shattering when the Nelfs blew up the world. The came back to make a deal with the Mogu, basically, we help you take back Pandaria, you help us take back the rest of Azeroth.
10/04/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Lena

No because that would include ALL trolls, and it really is just the Zandalar Tribe that has hung about for so long, including the Amani and Gurbashi but I believe the Zandalar took those guys out.

10/04/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Supertom
Just because I lived on the Wandering Isle does not make it my homeland, Pandaria is my heritage is from there.

the zandalar and the mogu are ancient allies.
I would like to know more about this.

and i am guessing... they took a boat? if you go to kun-lai summit there is a zandalar invasion fleet to the north.
That was not my question, my question was how they knew about this land. It was suppose to be shrouded in a mist protecting it. Also I did that quest, they were trying to resurrect one of the Mogu leaders.
we only beat the zandalari once, we haven't even been to their homeland, the TRUE cockroaches of WoW are the scarlet crusade

and the zandalari and the mogu were allies before the sundering
10/04/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Christhemity
Your homeland is the Wandering Isle. Pandaria is a different place entirely. Remember, the Wandering Isle is a knock off of Avatar: The Last Air..... I mean, is a completely original idea and it happens to be a huge turtle. Pandaria is a continent.
The Wandering Isle is a place where Pandarians went who wanted to see the world. It has nothing to do with Avatar.
Your homeland is the Wandering Isle. Pandaria is a different place entirely. Remember, the Wandering Isle is a knock off of Avatar: The Last Air..... I mean, is a completely original idea and it happens to be a huge turtle. Pandaria is a continent.

Turtle islands have been part of many RL cultures for YEARS. Everything comes from something.
10/04/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Mistweavers

No because that would include ALL trolls, and it really is just the Zandalar Tribe that has hung about for so long, including the Amani and Gurbashi but I believe the Zandalar took those guys out.

Just because I lived on the Wandering Isle does not make it my homeland, Pandaria is my heritage is from there.

the zandalar and the mogu are ancient allies.
I would like to know more about this.

and i am guessing... they took a boat? if you go to kun-lai summit there is a zandalar invasion fleet to the north.
That was not my question, my question was how they knew about this land. It was suppose to be shrouded in a mist protecting it. Also I did that quest, they were trying to resurrect one of the Mogu leaders.

In lore the Zandalari and Mogu Empires were allies before the Sundering, and Zandalar held knowledge of the entire history of the trolls. When the Pandaren rebelled, the Zandalari sent their armies south to help their allies. Then the Night Elves used that chance to rebel against the trolls and both empires were screwed. Wowpedia has an article on it. Zandalari Troll Wars I think.
10/04/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Cártian
In lore the Zandalari and Mogu Empires were allies before the Sundering, and Zandalar held knowledge of the entire history of the trolls. When the Pandaren rebelled, the Zandalari sent their armies south to help their allies. Then the Night Elves used that chance to rebel against the trolls and both empires were screwed. Wowpedia has an article on it. Zandalari Troll Wars I think.
Do any of the WoW books mention this? I would like to read it if it does, it would make a good book.
10/04/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Darkbladejk
considering the darkspear kicked their butts recently is just one indication. since the darkspear took back the echo isles that pretty much drove out the amani and the zandalari. as for how they got to pandaria I would love to know how they got there myself.

What are you talking about? The history of the darkspear is this: The Darkspear are Jungle trolls. They were bullied out by the Gurubashi empire and made to move to the BROKEN ISLES, which are currently not in game. They are however in Warcraft 3. Also Sargeras' tomb is there. Also, Sen'jin, their original leader, was slain by a Naga Sea Witch who was defeated by Thrall. However the Sea Witch and her murloc army had been taking a devastating toll on the Darkspear tribe. Thrall invited the Darkspear to come with him to Kalimdor. Once arriving on Kalimdor, Zanzil or whatever his name was, the Witch Doctor turned on him people making some of them mindless slaves. The Echo Isles are a very small island chain literally right off the coast of Durotar. THe BROKEN ISLES are in the middle of the ocean between Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Vol'jin finally killed Zanzil or whatever his name was on the Broken Isles and took them back.

The Gurubashi are in southern STV. The Amani in the Ghostlands and Eversong forest. They are literally on opposite sides of the continent. The Zandalari come from an island that is also not in the game yet called Zandalar.
10/04/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Mistweavers
Do any of the WoW books mention this? I would like to read it if it does, it would make a good book.

They don't yet. A blue poster on the EU forums actually was the first to mention it a few months ago. I'd love a novel of that too.
I mean, is a completely original idea and it happens to be a huge turtle. Pandaria is a continent.

I was thinking more of Aladdin #3 (Midas) - but I guess in a knockoff battle the 2nd most recent case is the winner, not the first. (Not saying Aladdin's was first either).
10/04/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Cártian
They don't yet. A blue poster on the EU forums actually was the first to mention it a few months ago. I'd love a novel of that too.
That would be amazing, it should include all 3 tribes though.
10/04/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Mistweavers
That would be amazing, it should include all 3 tribes though.

I'm sure all of the troll tribes would be represented if it was pre-Sundering. I'd just love to read the Night Elf relation to the Trolls. And, of course the Pandaren rebellion.