BM Hunters hitting 45k bites and more!{PVP}

Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5
the only problem i find with hunters is the amount of cc they have as stated by the OP the burst is okay its cool i guess but im a demo lock so my burst is better
I dont think you understand the definition of the algebric value's of x and y here. Furthermore, all competetors are relivent as they are necessary to draw comparisons as to what is "Overpowered" and is not. Fact of the matter is their are allot of players who delligently remain ignorant of other class and refuse to rise and adapt to the situation without chocolate handouts.Hunters are a "Purebred Class," what that means we are supposed to do ubber damage. We are not. Having a few sticks in the heap (Burst) makes us op'd? ur insane. PVP isnt about being fare it about overcoming the other guy and you ever played huner you would know this by know.Since when has pvp ever been fare?Actually Eponine was correct in using the letter values to explain the classes? Not sure what you don't understand Regarding X,Y,Z Values being represented by Classes. Although suggesting your Grammar and Argumentative skills, you're probably 12 years old and have no clue what this thread is about thus another product of the American Education System. (Yes you're a sad example and not helping your Class' cause at all)

LOL are you shtting me? do u even know how to read? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ live it, learn it bro, it dosnt get any better by pretending your "matue" by blurting out "your prob twelve" and "your grammer bro" lingo like your trying to mimmic your kindergarten teacher. Your nobodies professor and if you tried you still wouldn't amount to one. If you if your reading comprension sucks as you just proved with that 5th grade paragraph please do something with yourself. I will not attempt to educate an imbecile like your self. If you are so out of the loop to pretend that a 43k hit is paramount and game changing and expect people to edit and revise their responses to you on their free time? LOL, what a delapidated joke. To be honest there is a dedicated term for people who think like that. If you dont know how to read? dont want to read? im not gonna repeat myself so you can feel more significant about yourself.

On topic

With 300k health pools, apex healing that has been a paramount problem since the alpha, a 43k basic criticals, the damage dps are doing is totally preportional if not under tuned for this expansion. Dont think so? look up Zumio on youtube; he does a better job at explaining this than me and certainly better than the OP. Yesterday I got hit by a 193k main hand Windfury on top of a 93k off hand. Both criticals. I know im not in the best gear however, if you are crying about a 43k crits when any healer can simply heal through anything other than a dedicated cc chain? this may no longer be the game for you.

Purebreds are supposed to do "Pure" damage. If thats what we are doing then we are doing it right. As for spirit mend? The ability does not stack, so whether a hunter has 1 or 5 it makes no difference: He's actually gimping himself. Try fightin a Warrior with second wind and knows how to alternate with shield wall. The only thing Bm has right now is "Burst." I hate to say it but it is the most obvious and abnoxious bomb ingame. If you dont know how to avoid it, then you cannot avoid any thing and prob just a !@#$ty player who cant find his way in a sht easy game.

10/07/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Eponine
Lynx rush cannot be countered during BW without popping personal cooldowns;

Lynx rush is the only thing broken about hunters atm. Not because it deals insane damage, but because it is an AOE ability that functions like a single attack when the target is isolated. There are no aoe abilities that function like this and to be honest probably was a mistake. As fo avoiding its damage? just stand next to someone and you automatically will have the damage recieved cut in half: that simple.

Stampede?
During BW only the active pet is unstoppable, the other four can be cc'd just like anything else and the ability cannot be reset by readiness. If you cant evade a predictable ten second enrage and kill the guy in under five minutes then pvp is simply not for you; Grow up, stop crying, your better at something else.
LOL are you shtting me? do u even know how to read? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ live it, learn it bro, it dosnt get any better by pretending your "matue" by blurting out "your prob twelve" and "your grammer bro" lingo like your trying to mimmic your kindergarten teacher. Your nobodies professor and if you tried you still wouldn't amount to one. If you if your reading comprension sucks as you just proved with that 5th grade paragraph please do something with yourself. I will not attempt to educate an imbecile like your self. If you are so out of the loop to pretend that a 43k hit is paramount and game changing and expect people to edit and revise their responses to you on their free time? LOL, what a delapidated joke. To be honest there is a dedicated term for people who think like that. If you dont know how to read? dont want to read? im not gonna repeat myself so you can feel more significant about yourself.
The amount of ignorance is astounding...
BM hunters are not broken, bugged up the wazzu sure but not broken. resilliance does not apply to pet damage thats the only problem I see here but how do ou fix this? You have resil block pet damage demo loks are out cold because they dont have the same pet damage buffs like us (I understand thats more so because the pet isnt quite as focused as ours). or nerf Bms dps and we have wotlk all over wen you had to be survival or MM to do anyting which from what I hear isnt an option.

I used to be a hardcore PvPer til my 3v3 and 5v5 teams quit at the end of wrath itred of allthe crap the wrath babies put us through being from vanilla in cata I did some pvp and I plan on doing lots of PvP in MoP now that my old team mates are back, so i do know bm's history in pvp and what always kept us going? our burst that was all we really had going, hte current problem is that our burst now works on a dated/bugged mechanic change the mechanic not the class and see what happens
The communities knee jerk reactions make me nervous. BM hunter burst is out of hand no doubt but the expansion just launched. It's always the same story, gear differences aren't recognized and numbers are thrown out of proportion.

BM is crazy damage and needs to be fixed but it needs to be done right. If you guys get BM nerfed to the ground hunters will be worse off than Cata and they have almost always been least represented class in high rated arena.

Most hunters right now aren't even enjoying BM playstyle. Most like MM playstyle much more. They really just need to tone BM down and fix MM so that we can stay competitive.

wtf are u complaining about?? How am I making hunters look bad? I love hunters and all the ppl that think BM spec is OP, needs to L2P, nuff said...

btw, i just got back on WoW 2 weeks be4 MoP came out.

You are an idiot as she said, you do make hunter's look bad.

For gods sakes man, you haven't even done any pvp. YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANY PVP. What makes you think you have any right to come here and post on anything regarding balance in pvp? Please, answer that.

Just st fu already.

LOL QQ MOAR, i luv it.
hay guys a hunetr just poped all his CDs and im a mage / priest / warior / warlock / shamman / exc. what do i do?

option 1

CC pets from stampeed shutting down a good chunk of hunter burst

option 2

CC hunter shutting down a good portion of hunter burst

option 3

pop a survival CD

combined options 1, 2, and / or 3 for near lockdown of hunter damage while he is bursting

o no hunter used readiness and is doign it again!

have your teammate pop a CD this time, or use one of your other CDs to counter it

o look at that you just countered the hunters burst damage because he was a morron and used everythign at one time, to leave him vunerable to a lockdown from damage from 1-2 of youyr CDs, when he used 4-5 CDs

what a concept

Have you actually played BM PVP at max level yet?

Level to 90.

Get the dreadful 2pc and pvp power trinket.

Find a warrior and x (really, nearly anything will fill the third slot just fine)

Queue 3s and pop all CDs as soon as CCs go out

You will win most of the time using this strat.

no i havent, but i have seen the numbers other classes cna put out, with less CDs, or no CD at all
10/08/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Alfavhunter
no i havent, but i have seen the numbers other classes cna put out, with less CDs, or no CD at all

Pretty sure, You haven't done anything outside 5 mans and Dailies quests since you got the game, not to be rude but I don't think it can be helped to be offensive. You're a prime example of an individual who knows nothing about your class, and makes Claims to scape goat off the topic which has been presented with proof... Hell the whole pvp community for Hunters have all signed on to nerf hunters, to keep the undereducated of hunter pvp from thinking all the sudden their skill level finally can pilot the class and they were always good... When the truth is you were always bad, never got better and suddenly your class gets outlandish changes becomes the Eddie of Tekken 3, Button mash and get profit.(Inb4 you scape goat about Chaos bolts again)
10/05/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Âmaterasu
Note: My standpoint is a PVE player who doesn't want his preferred spec to be nerfed to the gutter in PVE due to PVP imbalances. I have no problem with reasonable changes being made, but I would actually like to use this spec in PVE this time around.

To respond to this, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the 2 piece set Bonus given to PVP hunters, as It more or less has to do with Rapid fire [Rapid Intensity: While Rapid Fire is active your PvP power is increased by 3200.] Along with a few other factors.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but PvP power doesn't effect pet damage thus it wouldn't effect Blink Strike?
10/11/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Eponine
Correct me if I'm wrong, but PvP power doesn't effect pet damage thus it wouldn't effect Blink Strike?

I don't think it affects pet basic attacks like claw and bite, but it does affect pet attacks that are controlled by the hunter, ie lynx rush/blink strike/kill command

Ah, thanks for clarifying.
10/11/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Âmaterasu

Pretty sure, You haven't done anything outside 5 mans and Dailies quests since you got the game, not to be rude but I don't think it can be helped to be offensive. You're a prime example of an individual who knows nothing about your class, and makes Claims to scape goat off the topic which has been presented with proof... Hell the whole pvp community for Hunters have all signed on to nerf hunters, to keep the undereducated of hunter pvp from thinking all the sudden their skill level finally can pilot the class and they were always good... When the truth is you were always bad, never got better and suddenly your class gets outlandish changes becomes the Eddie of Tekken 3, Button mash and get profit.(Inb4 you scape goat about Chaos bolts again)

ive done 0 content of MoP im tierd of how they treat hunters as a second rate class, but i have looked at the numbers each class can put out with CDs, and hopw each class can counter those CDs

chaos bolt does a lot of dmaage, but in the sence of burning embers (or w/e the destruction secondary resorce is named now) it DOES have a CD and is not over powered

hunters burst is not overpowered at this time, maybe with treadiness it can get out of hand that is debatable, and a simple fix would be to change readiness to only reset the CD of non talent abilities under a 5 min CD, this would prevent the double lynx rush or blink strike, but that in itself might over nerf our burst in comparason to other classes, because its not like our burst is devestatingly over the top compared to other classes, considering we do not bring a group CD for our raid / pvp team like other classes do for RBGs (its not as much of an issue in arenas), and another thing people fail to realize for fighting a BM hunter (because thats the spec that you are having issues with as MM and SV are mediocer at best for pvp atm) is a dead pet removes 50% of the hunters utility abilities and at least 40% of his damage (and if you say ress the pet, its a 6 second cast [thank the lord its no longer 10 second] and our instant res pet from heart of the phynix requires ferocity specced pet which is a huge gimp to pvp due to loss of abilities like roar of sacrifice and bullheaded [even more iportant for a bm hunter])

so, if anything is done to nerf hunter burst it would be 1 of these 2

1. readiness does not reset talent gained abilities (this will result i na considerable nerf to hunter pvp as it will also prevent resets on Tier 30/60/90 abilities

2. prevent blink strike / lynx rush / and murder of crows (if it does, have not tested the numbers on this) from benefitting from BM mastery which would lower the burst from these abilities and make the ability being changed with readiness be less out of hand, however, it would be a considerable nerf to it and would require the talents base damage beign buffed a little, which would in effect help the other specs be more competative in pvp

just because im lvl 85 doesnt mean i dont know math, i can look at any class and see their burst potention per CDs needed and duration of CDs, and hunters may have good burst, but remember, we do not have raid CDs like other classes, we do not have AoE CCs, we do not have AoE steriod buffs (ancient hysteria is the only acception but that limits our pets considerably and will very rarely be used over a spider / monkey/ exc. excpecially because mages and shammans already bring this and more to the table), or aoe defensive CDs

also, if blink strike is doing more damage than its formula says (according to your post as the OP) report it in the bug forums as that would be a bug, not a balance issue, just like the bug in the start of cata when fear would not break on damage, which was resulting in warlocks and priests being completely overpowered for the first few weaks of cata, and it was a bug and was fixed, bug =/= unbalanced design, but still needs to be fixed
Has anyone thought maybe theres some mechanic on resilience that causes it to have DT's?

First hit you will resist allot with full pvp resilience...second you not so much and so on , until DT's refresh. Seems that way imo. Although I could be FOS.
Oh noes, a player using every last one of their cds can do good burst! nerf immediately!

Never mind the fact that the burst can be COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN with judicious use of survivability and cc abilities, as well as simple movement.

Honestly it's a beyond silly. I was originally not even going to post at all as I am not a pvper, but honestly BM is not this unbreakable juggernaut people make it out to be.

A BM Hunter in equal gear using every cd possible can burn through every single defense cd I have and reduce me to nearly 5-10% of my life. If I'm lucky I can pop a hex off but 99% of the time they trinket.

I'm literally using every single defense cd possible "Unleashed Rage coupled with rock biter weapon for the 40% reduction for 4 seconds. Astral Shift, Shamanistic Rage, Healing stream totem spirit walk to close any gap, unleashed frostband for the 50% speed boost, Wolves for additional healing. Finally when I start to recover from that level of monstrous damage....guess what. They do it all again. It's not enough that they cc me, trap me, kite me but they also out burst me. How it that balanced.

I try to close the gap with Ascendance...no no let me just use Deterrence...

No other class is this difficult or unbalanced. At the very least fights against warriors, mages, druids, rogues, paladins, monks, warlocks, death knights, priests are relatively close. But the one class I literally can't even contend with in a serious fight is the bm hunter. It's simply to much.
"good position" LOL! you guys think you're so good running around letting your pet 2 shot people... you're in denial if you think you don't need a nerf... level your alt to 90 and go do a bg.. Record it and put it on youtube so I can watch you miserably die by BM hunters over and over. Then come tell me you guys don't need a nerf.. like seriously? rofl