The purpose of the 3min heal cooldown?

Pet Battles
Does anyone know what the purpose of the 3 minute pet heal/rez cooldown upon login is? I'm trying to think of what sort of exploits/technical issues this would solve and I'm at a loss. It just seems unnecessarily annoying.
oh i thought i was the only one, yes it is very very annoying.
10/05/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Reeverswoman
oh i thought i was the only one, yes it is very very annoying.

It really is! I don't see why I shouldn't be able to use my heal/Stable Master if the last one was 8+ minutes ago. Maybe it's to prevent people from logging out on top of a pet spawn then quickly logging in to capture it? If the spawn is a heavy PVP area...or...something.

Nope, still can't think of a legitimate reason.
They put it in during beta because people were switching characters to bypass the 8-minute cooldown on pet heals. Apparently we were having too much fun.
Ok, I can think of one *maybe* reason - to prevent conflicts/race conditions when logging in/out of multiple characters on multiple battle.net accounts. But even still, 3 minutes seems fairly arbitrary.
10/05/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Shalura
They put it in during beta because people were switching characters to bypass the 8-minute cooldown on pet heals. Apparently we were having too much fun.

The cooldowns are a pain. Although it's better than it was in beta, I still feel hopelessly tethered to a stable master. Nevermind zones with no stable master like Moonglade and Ungoro.
A blue recently stated that the 3 minute cooldown is to prevent "cheating" by logging onto another character while the spell is still on cooldown on the main character
people would camp an alt outside of a stablemaster and switch over to heal, and/or just use THAT alt's rez.
hm. I thought the cooldown was shared account-wide, but I guess that would involve some tricky coding.

So I guess they reckoned pet battles last roughly 5 minutes, so adding a 3min cooldown on login would be ~8 minutes from heal > battle > log out > log in > heal.

I can understand the theory behind that I suppose. But still, it would be nice if there was a way to not incur the cooldown if you logged out with a readied heal.
I really don't see why they need to police it so harshly. It's supposed to be a fun side activity, and being able to play more often is hardly game breaking.

The cooldowns are a pain. Although it's better than it was in beta, I still feel hopelessly tethered to a stable master. Nevermind zones with no stable master like Moonglade and Ungoro.

Theres a guild perk that lets you heal on the spot, so that you dont have to hunt down a stable master. It shares the same cooldown as far as I know.

It will show up in the top right hand corner of your pet UI, if your guild has it.