How good is powershot?

Hunter
How much damage we talking here? we dropping people to half with one shot? 800% wep damage.
Umm with BW I have seen 127k on a no resil target
10/07/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Rezilience
How much damage we talking here? we dropping people to half with one shot? 800% wep damage.
It can hit hard if you've blown CDs when you use it, but the knockback is highly temperamental and the cast means that unless you're opening with a Powershot out of stealth, you will very seldom get use out of it. As it stands, Glaive Toss serves hunters a lot better in PvP than Powershot.

As for PvE, I really don't know, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Glaive Toss is better there, too. Mostly because no knockback, shorter cooldown, and less focus.
http://i.imgur.com/ENcXQ.png
I have it in my BM spec along w/ explosive trap glyph because well...I just like knocking people off cliffs.
I haven't even used it yet. How much of a knock back are we talking about?
10/07/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Zouka
I haven't even used it yet. How much of a knock back are we talking about?

Piss poor
It's enough of a knock back to be hilarious in AB. 4 with one trap is my record so far.
10/07/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Magnolia
It's enough of a knock back to be hilarious in AB. 4 with one trap is my record so far.

Ohh, you lucky dog you. I haven't found more then 2 clustered and that was during dailies.
It's horribly bugged - fails about 1/3 of the time for no reason I can see.

I still use it for world pvp against my better judgment because it occasionally does pull out an entertaining moment. And I just think every hunter spec should have access to a big casted nuke. I just hope it gets fixed.

Oh, you guys are talking Ex-trap. I was talking about the knock back from Powershot. My bad.

AB doing stealthed defense at LM. Stealther comes in to ninja the flag, and the next thing he knows he's doing a peter pan imitation.

Price: 1 ex-trap

Experience: priceless
I pulled a 143,000 Power shot hit on a lvl 90 mob today if that helps.
Its pretty bad. Really only a few uses I can see. Sure Random BG's can find some use but theres a lot going against it. In PvE there is some use for utility (Knocking back rages on Will of the Emperor).