MGR - Turn the key - Setting up

Moon Guard
Like others before, I figured to give a shoutout and see if anyone is interested in helping run a MG based radio station on browser stream. I've got something set up thus far, and it runs quite smoothly on pretty much any connection speed as well as any system type. I'd love to see if I can get some voice talent for guild ads, events, and realm news and stuff for the realm community in general.

What I'm looking for:
  • Ads of all kinds for RP guilds, RP-PVP guilds, and PVP/PVE guild types, the funnier - the better!
  • Musical talent is welcome as well, nothing over a minute long for advertising purposes.

• Event advertisements, big and small. Home made is not a problem, as long as it sounds clean, and isn't filled with background noise.
  • No mature language on-air in the daylight hours, same applies for guild advertisements and event plugs.
  • Also hunting for DJ's, people familiar with the program "Mixxx", or "Sam broadcaster" (No, not buying it for anyone, either have it, or Mixxx; both are great programs for this purpose.) and setting up lame codecs for your system - as well as anything else that comes with the territory.

I kinda want to make this a MG only thing, something small for the realm and only the realm community involved.

I only want around 10 to 15 people for the DJ crew, four hours for each a day. All times on the station will be set on a 24 hour scale so I'd love to work with others that have a lot of free time on their hands at either day or night time and want something to do that's realm productive.

Personally I think this is something we could all have fun with, either to listen to, or participate with and I don't mind having more to the crew if we do fluff out the "schedule" to give everyone a set day and time to be on. I do not have any preferences in music types or styles played as long as it's thought out - daylight hours kinda requires less provocative music, and night hours more freedom to do whatever.

Tell me what you guys think! I got it running for the night on auto DJ due to needing to rest, but I think it's something we could really grow to use! http://moonguardian.caster.fm
    Bamp!!
    Willing to help out with a few of these things.

1)Not familiar with Mixxx or any DJ'ing software whatsoever however, I'm used to working with lots of different programs so I'm sure I could spin myself up on it fairly quickly to help DJ some

2) I love doing different voices so if a guild wants to do an ad but just wants to WRITE it up i can do it in several different ways, including the 1940s radio sitcom announcers voice "You know what Dick Tracy likes after a long day of fighting crime? A tasty, delectable tootsie roll. It's so amazing it'll tickle your taster!"

Only problem I see

I work 8 days on, 6 off 3am-3pm starting Wednesdays and ending Wednesdays. My shift starts this Wednesday so you should be able to map it out. I would really love to help out how I can though.

EDITED: Because I'm an idiot that can't spell.
    Mixxx is pretty fun to play with, much better than Sam, seeing as it's free, and it covers a broad spectrum of uses for DJing. If you are able to set up and run it, I'm pretty sure you could easily help out.

Do you have any clips to share for a quick advert sample? I'd love to hear what you can do voice wise. I got another friend that offered to do adverts too and his are more improv on the fly.

Timewise, I'm sure we can work something out. I'm running it solo right now, but more DJ's would be really great to build a better selection for musical tastes on all scales. If you like, we could try a weekly switch-out with another person so you don't get tied up with the station and work schedules. The times I got open are literally any hours and days, I'd love to host an evening show myself with some friends just to derp around on-air and take "calls" and questions for discussions on all sides but at the moment I'd just like to get folks able to fill out 3-4 hour blocks during the week and weekend. Are you usually on this toon in-game? I'd like to discuss this further if possible tonight or tomorrow evening.
    I'm willing to dedicate four hours Monday and/or Friday for this. It has to be "during the day" though (8 AM - 4 PM) as those are my quiet hours. I ran a streaming metavideo talk show years back. I'm not familiar with any of the programs you mentioned, but I doubt it would be too difficult to learn. Of course, I'll mostly be playing rock and easy listening music.

Also, would I be playing my own Mp4s?

Edit:

10/08/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Lisenne
    but also, I'm a filthy Mac user!

Oh yeah, me too.
    You should go have a chat with Keruptis. He inherited the Steamwheedle Cartel radio station from Bricklethumb in BC and ran it with reasonable success, including radio contents and so on.

E: I'd like to host a program. It would probably be late nights, since I work third shift anyway, but also, I'm a filthy Mac user!
    Everyone would be broadcasting with mp3 format on-air, 64kbps streaming. It can go as high as 128kbps but it's suggested with caster to use 64. I kinda like the concept of bringing the realm together with something like this, gimme a couple days to figure out schedule blocks and I'll put them up in the thread here. I'm not sure if Mixxx or Sam runs on Mac, or if there is something like it that streams with lame_enc.dll use or not.

@Systar I'd LOVE to have a noon to 2pm server talk show. I'll pm ya when I get back on my regular gaming schedule again. Should be either later this week or early next.

@Lisenne Got the hosting already, wanted to share the DJ slots with realm mates to make it something community driven. Late night shows would be awesome, the more the merrier I say! I'll hunt ya down after my vacation is over, trying to put some quality time in with the better-half since he's been away for six months. :)
    This is Max! This is the character I usually use. Here is a link so something I put together pretty quick in audacity, would really have liked the time to edit it more but I've got a cold so not much could have been done. Personally I like my second and last lines I did for you on this but I can do several more.

SAMPLE: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B63bxTAlb0CKeTAyV3U1cFpEVG8

The first two lines are uh... borrowed.. from Maxen and the First!

If you have some ideas of specific things you would like to hear voice wise let me know those were just five things i put together in a few minutes. I'll be in game for awhile today.

EDIT: For those wondering Mixxx is available for OSX and Linux as source that has to be compiled. http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/compiling_on_os_x . I will see about making a binary for you guys though.
    Everyone would be broadcasting with mp3 format on-air, 64kbps streaming. It can go as high as 128kbps but it's suggested with caster to use 64. I kinda like the concept of bringing the realm together with something like this, gimme a couple days to figure out schedule blocks and I'll put them up in the thread here. I'm not sure if Mixxx or Sam runs on Mac, or if there is something like it that streams with lame_enc.dll use or not.

@Systar I'd LOVE to have a noon to 2pm server talk show. I'll pm ya when I get back on my regular gaming schedule again. Should be either later this week or early next.

I'd totally do this. Perhaps we can find another person so I have someone to talk with? I'd like to try to keep it sort of light-hearted and inspirational. Maybe RP chat or something, I'd fairly good at coming up with those sorts of topics.

Also, why not ask MG musicians to send in their music to play when you get the channel set up? That would be really cool. XD
    10/08/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Qerrathien
    Got the hosting already, wanted to share the DJ slots with realm mates to make it something community driven.

Ah, that wasn't what I meant. Just that he had the experience of running the project day-to-day — or, more accurately, week-to-week, as it was several hours of programming one or two nights a week. He may have something to advise you on that you'd overlooked!

I'll do a little research into broadcasting … a friend of mine is a Mac user and ran a weekly show at his college, but I'm not sure what their rig was like.

I'd totally do this. Perhaps we can find another person so I have someone to talk with? I'd like to try to keep it sort of light-hearted and inspirational. Maybe RP chat or something, I'd fairly good at coming up with those sorts of topics.

Also, why not ask MG musicians to send in their music to play when you get the channel set up? That would be really cool. XD

I'd totally talk with you if your timeslot didn't fit so poorly into my own schedule. I would also use my Troll accent for everything, because sooner or later, it will be released upon the world. And the mortals shall tremble.
    10/08/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Adamir
    Mixxx is available for OSX and Linux as source that has to be compiled. http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/compiling_on_os_x . I will see about making a binary for you guys though.

A binary would be most welcome! I've compiled before, but it's always a bit scary.
    I'd love to help out/have go at this Moon Guard Radio stuff. It sounds fvery fun ^^
    WE ARE IN LUCK!

MacOSX is already compiled on their download page

http://www.mixxx.org/download/
    Aphel would be really good at this.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MoonGuardRadio

Hilariously, I made a Youtube channel for it ages ago.
    XD I'm talking online radio, not youtube sadly. Unless you want to compile broadcasts once we get the podcast option available. Seems the voting system on Caster requires 100 votes to get podcasts opened up. Also, I'll try to answer the rest of the questions when I get back later this evening. Kinda tied up with RL right now, and the better half. <3 Be back soon!

I'd totally talk with you if your timeslot didn't fit so poorly into my own schedule. I would also use my Troll accent for everything, because sooner or later, it will be released upon the world. And the mortals shall tremble.

I was thinking an RP advice/discussion talk show where people could write in. Having my partner be a hordie would be ideal (since I'm strictly alliance on MG). I would be willing to do 8AM - 4PM (any time within) on Monday, Thursday, Friday, or Sunday if that works better for your schedule provided Q approves.