5.1 Stuff

Moon Guard
10/11/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Volkuza
I want to see Anduin killed, because I know that's what'll drive Varian into Lo'gosh mode. Finally the Horde will have some thing to fight against that doesn't just roll over helplessly.

We can get the same effect with Anduin "appearing" dead, which is what I am rooting for. Not really dead, but presumed dead.
10/11/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Lynox
I want to see Anduin killed, because I know that's what'll drive Varian into Lo'gosh mode. Finally the Horde will have some thing to fight against that doesn't just roll over helplessly.

We can get the same effect with Anduin "appearing" dead, which is what I am rooting for. Not really dead, but presumed dead.

Same here, hopefully.

I like the kid. Despite my main being Horde, I don't want to see him dead.
So excited!

I bet Anduin does indeed die, but they just use the waters of the Vale to bring him back o:
So excited!

I bet Anduin does indeed die, but they just use the waters of the Vale to bring him back o:

Depending on how that is done, it couple be... epiiiic.
So excited!

I hope not, I hate how he never gets punished for his happy go lucky ignorance of the Horde.

I've also always wondered whether he also used shadow magics lore-wise, or if that was just game mechanics.
10/11/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Xiaoqing
Has there ever been a good-evil separation of "light" magic and "dark" magic as far as priest magics go?

Yes because there is a huge difference between shadow magic from a priest and fel magic from a warlock.

I've also always wondered whether he also used shadow magics lore-wise, or if that was just game mechanics.

Has there ever been a good-evil separation of "light" magic and "dark" magic as far as priest magics go?

In the RPG books, which are no longer lore mind you, it says that those who use or sympathize with shadow magics in Stormwind would be driven off by the will of the mob. That's what for the most part I go for in my own roleplay, though it's certainly not lore.

I'd think that most normal priests of the Holy Light wouldn't really be big on shadow magics for the most part, as we've never seen any concrete lore suggesting that.
I read an interesting discussion about Light/Shadow being compared to like Heaven/Hell. Ahh, I guess before I jump into it, I should go dig it back up because it was pretty neat for both perspectives.

Ultimately, there is not a lot in game that suggests a shadow priest is bad. There is no law saying they can't be in form either, but I think someone taking the approach as a shadow priest should probably be aware of the ire they will draw especially when they walk somewhere with a lot of emphasis on the holy.
10/11/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Xiaoqing
Well that's -certainly- true. I was meaning more so is there a seperation between the priest magics specifically, or if that's just something people assume, but it's never been stated.

Most of it comes down to assuming because it is not stated otherwise. Priests have a lot of room to play with their magic as they want and without all the possibility of being seen as 'wrong'.
The rejoicing for the Prince's death seems to be dumb because from what I gather most people say he is just some whiny brat that deserves it.

Uh.. I disagree with it. The Prince is a good character and trying to do something right on Pandaria. I really, really don't want to see him killed off.

I'm the same. I actually like him, even if I think he's terribly naive.
I'm the same. I actually like him, even if I think he's terribly naive.

He is also still a child and given the events circling around his family.. he was pretty much sheltered to the core. It is no wonder he wanted to do his own thing with his first tastes of freedom.
I would like him, but I don't tend to like flawless characters.

Nothing he does is wrong, everything he does, despite often times being stupid (I'm going to investigate this death cult!), ignorant (Horde are fine dad! you're just a warmonger!), or just annoying (I'm going to redirect all the alliance resources into finding me rather than keeping what few survivers we have, alive).

Worse, he is saved through deus ex machina: He is saved by a well meaning tauren, by the player, by light magics that he has mastered at an -astounding- rate. He makes friends with everyone at the drop of a hat and instantly is rewarded, despite doing little to ever earn a friendship other than merely being the prince.

If you read the leader stories involving him, you'll find that he's far from flawless.
I don't get why everyone wants him dead?

It seems like anytime Blizzard builds up a character everyone ends up wanting whoever to be killed off.

I mean beside striving for some form of peace and suddenly embracing priestness I don't get the hate.

Because he doesn't listen to his father. Disobedient children should be removed.

He talks to strangers. Even large strange men with tentacles or horns.

He dresses like a prissy private school boy. Everyone hates those snobs.

He has an updated model. We lower models are jealous.
So Garrosh basically becomes a new Sha?
10/11/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Xiaoqing
Worse, he is saved through deus ex machina: He is saved by a well meaning tauren, by the player, by light magics that he has mastered at an -astounding- rate. He makes friends with everyone at the drop of a hat and instantly is rewarded, despite doing little to ever earn a friendship other than merely being the prince.

In Anduin's defense, Drezo, being a Sunwalker chief who was sent on a personal mission by Baine, is probably aware enough of Baine's stance on Anduin that he'd extend protection over the boy as a matter of loyalty to the High Chief.

And Anduin's been practicing with the light for years by the time MoP rolls around. His progress is hardly astounding.