The Misty Keg 2: The Big Lebrewski

Monk
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
Everyone in my guild wants the new dragon...me?

Shado pan! ò_ó

and you sayng abot what ox card, Kryalice? =O

They tacked on 1800ish stamina or something to the on-use.
10/09/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Kryalice

meh. thats like 20-40k hp or so.
I have to give kudos to Blizzard. They packed a metric crap ton of stuff into this expansion. Well done.

And now back to your regularly scheduled banter.
Burned my last 1 hour enlightenment last night going from 85 to 86 and I considered logging off to save the last few minutes and try to boost it back up to 2 hours with the daily the next day but I didn't want to stop playing so early.

I'm considering trying out BM when I get home tonight for a change of pace since it seems pretty interesting. I've tried tanking in the past with a pally, druid, and warrior and after I got used to their mechanics I found them kind of boring. I keep reading how malleable monk tanking and healing can be so I'd like to give it a shot.
I have to give kudos to Blizzard. They packed a metric crap ton of stuff into this expansion. Well done.

Way too much. I have so little time to play anymore, I doubt I'll get to it all.
10/02/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Mist
Yeah, so what? I still don't have rules for the thread.

Doesn't anybody give a $%*& about the rules?!
Bleh in my last BG of the night

over half my team was bots

over half...... and by that I mean there were only 3 people actually doing anything

le sigh
10/09/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Endangered
only 3 people actually doing anything

BGs are fun.
10/09/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Endangered
Bleh in my last BG of the night

I honestly do not understand how people stomach random BGs anymore. Sorry to hear about your bot problems. Guess everyone is trying to gimmick their way into LFR.
10/09/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Jayded

meh. thats like 20-40k hp or so.

Which makes it a really strong EH trinket.
10/09/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Kryalice
Which makes it a really strong EH trinket.

That's not even good for a full melee swing from most raid bosses. Not what I would consider strong. I haven't really looked at the trinket at all, that can't be all that it does. What else does it do?
1434 Stamina, 8871(10% pre DR) dodge on use.
10/09/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Kryalice
1434 Stamina, 8871(10% pre DR) dodge on use.

sounds pretty solid. I'm not really sure how to prioritize stats like dodge and parry right now for monk tanking. When my EB is up (with shuffle) I end up around 75% avoidance. I feel like I have plenty of cooldowns for reducing heavy incoming damage. If anything I want to have more consistent damage reduction, I'm just not sure how to get that.
It's more than 'pretty solid,' it's overbudget in dodge by a HUGE amount.

For comparison, the ilvl 489 version of JWF.

Trinket
+1619 Stamina
Requires Level 90
Item Level 489
Use: Increases your mastery by 2822 for 15 sec. (1 Min Cooldown)
For any other tank class its great. But I don't really need another dodge CD, I have one I can use pretty much whenever I need. I checked my uptime on it and it was something like 30% with only the exp softcap (and no haste). In full raid gear, I can imagine that uptime reaching upwards of 35-40% or higher. At this point, I'd rather have some static boost to survivability, thats really where I'm feeling uncomfortable so far.

edit: in other words, I'm not saying its bad, or that its not great. I'm just saying its not what I need right now.
Sorry i'm late on this! But i do have some clarifications to make!

10/08/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Endangered
the stun doesn't exist in ten man

This is actually incorrect. The stun does exist, so does the growing circle mechanic.
At first, I, as the tank would pick it up and i had no problem dancing and dodging stuns, only because i'm an op monk.
Once we switched to melee tanking, it just made it that much easier for me and the melee dodging stuns.

We were getting overrun by ads by the end, so saying there isn't any ads isn't a valid excuse. I wouldn't say our dps is low or bad at target switching at all. Before the last titan phase, we had a dps focus on CC and the rest focus the boss. I felt that DPS requirement was tuned extremely well considering it was a normal. It wasn't faceroll; but we got our act together and made it happen

10/08/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Endangered
and having to dedicate a melee to picking up threat on it and holding it in a place where it won't instagib the raid

This is what we had to do in the end so we could focus down priority targets instead of wasting time on this ad when there are priority ads coming out.

10/08/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Mist
Yeah I don't think you understand how having 4 dogs up versus 3 dogs up is significant.

Put those extra 2.5x of brains and people together and figure out simple mechanics!

How would an average 10m roster handle 4 ads? Thats exactly why there isn't 4.

The likelihood a monk or druid can switch to brewmaster/guardian for a specific fight in 25m is alot higher than a 10m comp even having an available monk or druid.

This is considering not having an off-spec set.

10/08/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Mist
You say this like it's impossible to recruit to create a perfect comp.

Depends on the fight. Certain comps work better for certain fights. Theres no holy grail comp of 10m raiding.
For any other tank class its great. But I don't really need another dodge CD, I have one I can use pretty much whenever I need. I checked my uptime on it and it was something like 30% with only the exp softcap (and no haste). In full raid gear, I can imagine that uptime reaching upwards of 35-40% or higher. At this point, I'd rather have some static boost to survivability, thats really where I'm feeling uncomfortable so far.

edit: in other words, I'm not saying its bad, or that its not great. I'm just saying its not what I need right now.

Well, you can go the EH route (Mastery / Stamina) or the Mitigation route (dodge/parry), but the DM trinker is a strong mix of the two, and the big strength of the overbudget DM trinket is that it's on-use and not chance-on-hit like many of the tank trinkets this tier.
10/09/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Kryalice
Well, you can go the EH route (Mastery / Stamina) or the Mitigation route (dodge/parry)

Theres a third route too :)
MO DAMAGE
MO BALLS
MO SHIELDS

I dub thee active mitigate

Relic of Xuen, all the way.
MO DAMAGE
MO BALLS
MO SHIELDS

gotta have MO BALLS.
MO DAMAGE
MO BALLS
MO SHIELDS

gotta have MO BALLS.

I can do about 11k hps if the healers are slacking. :P Much of it w/ dem balls.

EDIT: can't wait till we get our monk healer. BALLS EV'RYWHAR

I almost outhealed sensations in a heroic dungeon WOTLK style trash pull. LOVE SCK ORBS