Regarding low dps

Rogue
So I see a lot of complaining about lower rogue dps, are these complains legitimate? I can't tell because whenever I have come here in the past, it is always there and I never felt the effects on my main.

Now, I definitely feel the effects, my dps is horrendously low. Sometimes below tank, especially if its a DK, but I guess that's another phenomenon.

Oh,and I am assassination. Pretty sure my rotation and everything is correct and my iLevel right now is like 442 and I am just doing over 30k.

Is it really important to be expertise capped now? Because that is the only thing I can think of. That or an insane nerf, because I have always been one of the higher dpses.
Raiding just started today. We'll have a slightly better idea of how rogues (roughly) shake out over the course of the next week, as logs start to post in greater numbers.
Im still not able to break 35k dps and im !@#. spec as well its just after all CDs it drops and stays flat line the whole way.
10/02/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Ravric
Im still not able to break 35k dps and im !@#. spec as well its just after all CDs it drops and stays flat line the whole way.

Yeah I'm getting like 50-70k burst then I slow down and settle around 35-38k.

Shoulda rolled a frost dk; them !@#$%s hit hard.
I've been getting anywhere from 50-60k single target as assassination in 463 gear on good pulls, slightly lower than that as combat on single target. As Rfeann points out though my (and the community at large) sample size is pretty tiny right now so it's pretty hard to give any definitive figures at this point.

I will say, however, that I've been pretty much competitive in most situations. Not dominating the meter like 4.3 but definitely not bottom of the stack by any means.
At 462 I'm doing about 55k single target, sustained at the end of the fight with 80k bursts.

At 445~ I was doing 45k

The complaints are not legitimate, it really is a "L2P" issue and people don't have their legendaries to carry them as much anymore.
As assassination, I can spike up to ~60k on a singletarget boss, but it settles down to 45k-50k with my gear. It goes down to ~35k-40k if it a fight that isn't so kind to melee.
At 462 I'm doing about 55k single target, sustained at the end of the fight with 80k bursts.

At 445~ I was doing 45k

The complaints are not legitimate, it really is a "L2P" issue and people don't have their legendaries to carry them as much anymore.

I was mutt all throughout DS. Even though I got my legendaries the week before the mists patch dropped, I was still kicking !@# in raids.

Not only was I a good DPS, but I got a number of compliments on how easy I was to heal. Now I'm having a hard time beating our disc priest healer, and a hard time killing a couple mobs while questing. There is definitely something wrong.

At 445~ I was doing 45k

I was mutt all throughout DS. Even though I got my legendaries the week before the mists patch dropped, I was still kicking !@# in raids.

Not only was I a good DPS, but I got a number of compliments on how easy I was to heal. Now I'm having a hard time beating our disc priest healer, and a hard time killing a couple mobs while questing. There is definitely something wrong.

...There's nothing wrong, I obviously have no issue pulling the numbers I pull and I myself never got my daggers as I missed the first ~6 months of Nerf Soul.

If you're having trouble beating a disc priest in DPS it's a L2P issue NOT a class issue.
10/03/2012 03:58 AMPosted by Dalassian
and a hard time killing a couple mobs while questin

This was the same at the beginning of Cata, and pretty much any other expansion. Some classes are going to have an easier time farming quest mobs and what not. However, I don't feel this is indicative of there being a dps "problem" with rogues.

As I said before I've had no issues keeping up or being ahead of other dps, either in 5 man or world bosses / raid.

10/03/2012 03:58 AMPosted by Dalassian
Even though I got my legendaries the week before the mists patch dropped, I was still kicking !@# in raids.

This really doesn't say much, first of all everyone thinks they're awesome, second end of expansion gear scaling =/= beginning of expansion gear scaling. Rogues probably aren't top of the pile any more, but we're certainly not slouches and can definitely carry our share in raid DPS.
If you can't beat the healers, it's most certainly you, not the class. For questing roll with leeching poison and deadly momentum glyph. Keep SnD and recup rolling full time and learn to shiv. You won't have a problem. I was competing with the others DPSers fairly well in vaults last night playing combat (completely dominated the stone guard). The one spec that really feels wrong is sub.
Agree with all
Rogues rely heavily on gear, it's early expansion so im sure later on we will be back to where people fear us
hey guys Op again, thanks for the responses.

So, just to clarify I am not the best rogue but pretty sure I am not a L2P case, I have been ranked and stuff before and have always been a top on charts. Maybe I played with bad people but that is the case. And I have never really done raids that I overgear, since I only play 4 months at a time I am usually there for one tier or so and then skip one.

So right now I am actually concerned with beating other dpses. I am around 25k on dummies (obviously not the best test since can't really use dispatch, low on heroics too), I feel like i am missing something if some of you are doing 60k easily. What has changed?

Right now my rotation is around mut->rup->mut->snd.... and so on. Hit is capped. Expertise is not. Reforged some crit to mastery or hit but I do have a lot of greens, but item level is 442.

Thanks again!
10/02/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Irrwisch
my dps in dungeons is ok, pvp wise though i have a feeling i hit undergeared targets with pillows

And my dps is so bad as combat.. Combat used to be the strongest spec, now im pulling 22-25k consistantly, cant get over 35k even with BF and Killing spree
10/03/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Ruskô
And my dps is so bad as combat.. Combat used to be the strongest spec, now im pulling 22-25k consistantly, cant get over 35k even with BF and Killing spree

Your weapons are garbage. Mystery solved.
Sorry for the repost from another thread, but this is a recurring theme.

A quick look at last night's best DPS performances from the newly opened Mogu'shan Vaults raid shows rogues representing pretty well. On WoL, Combat appears pretty dominant on fight numero uno (Stone Guard) thanks to the cleave, and about 5% to 10% of the top 100 players for the next three bosses are rogues (usually Assassination, with a few Combat mixed in) -- a percentage that's pretty similar to our overall class representation in the game.

Top parses are rarely a good way to measure the health of a spec or a class. But given that this first week is entirely about progression and not about padding meters, it's as good a time as any to use it as a very rough, isolated gauge of where top-performing rogues in top-progression guilds are relative to other top-performing classes. And it suggests that, just as we were at the start of Cata, we may be at about the middle of the pack in terms of overall performance, with Combat continuing to really shine on cleave fights.

At 445~ I was doing 45k

You're 462 doing 55k single target. Um... that's pretty low dude.