Terrible WoW players make terrible monks

Monk
Terrible WoW players are terrible.

Most notably from what I've seen since release: as healers, they will impatiently pull beyond what you choose to pull as the tank (even after you pull a big group of mobs in an instance) and then will not do any healing except the passive !@#$ they get from spinning crane kick. I've seen lots of healers who do no healing except spinning crane kick.

The upside of this is it has taught me how to use my defensive cooldowns early on in the game, because I have had to use them on trash packs with stupid %^- healers.

I hate that every time Blizzard releases something cool, it gives idiots a new way to be stupid.

The old stupid *!@# that would happen, like level 58 death knights DPSing in blood presence, still exists, of course. This is a new layer of stupidity for running dungeons. So for now, I'm questing.
So what you're saying is... bad players are bad?
10/02/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Advanced
So what you're saying is... bad players are bad?

More than that. A bad mage can still do good damage. A bad prot paladin can still hold aggro and stay alive.

A bad monk is going to fail at whatever he tries to do. The class demands a certain level of attention, finesse, and control. Most of the player base lacks that. Frankly, I love the challenge it provides, and the reward it gives for rising to that challenge.

That said, enjoy it while you can, monks. The bad players always always always get their way. Monk will be nerfed, inside 6 months.
I also frequently see Hunters running with Growl active. Doesn't seem to matter how often you tell them to take it off. I don't think they read the chat.
10/02/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Gruklaar
Monk will be nerfed, inside 6 months.

Are they considered overpowered ?!
monk will be buffed and warriors will be nerfed inside 6 months, true story
10/02/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Ambooh

I suppose nerfed is the wrong word.

They'll be made easier to play. I expect one or two keybinds to disappear, and one or two buffs to get combined and/or have their durations extended.

You can't succeed as a monk if you're rolling your face across the keyboard. And since that's exactly what 90% of blizzard's paying customers want to be able to do, they'll eventually change the Monk class to suit that playstyle.

Mark my words.
10/02/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Ambooh
Monk will be nerfed, inside 6 months.

Keg smash, BoK, jabx2 guard, Keg smash, BoK

Yeah they're OP

note: not how I play BrM but how 90% of the ones I've seen
People are trying to level their new toon as fast as possible that is why they are pushing you as you tank. Nothing you can really do about it but cope as best you can right now
To the original poster: SCK heals for a ridiculously good amount -you'd be surprised. He may have to throw more heals on the tank to keep him up if you pull large groups; but, SCK is a very viable AOE heal at the lower levels.
Using spinning crane kick alone constantly can make your mana run out easily but you can choose to use it when

You are silence

Your group take serious damage

Face multiple enemy at once

You have enough time to recover your mana (especially when you have slow group)

Make sure to use your chi especially when you have maximum chi for mana tea (never let any chi to waste from that except you really need to constantly use spinning crane kick to keep your group stay alive) and never let your mana tea reach maximum stack as well (except you have full mana)
Spinning Crane Kick is extremely good when you get it and it scales horrifically out of control and becomes by far the only tool you have any use for for all of BC content and well into WOTLK. It outheals anything you could hope to do Single target, does aoe damage, and heals everyone else to boot while generating chi. It costs almost nothing. To be quite frank using any heal but SCK for any reason between 50-75 is completely pointless. In fact its so incredibly overpowered you can pretty much pull half an instance and keep a tank alive with just it.
Rug's correct. I just accidentally power-rolled into Corla in BRC, pulling the pack of casters in front of her at same time. Tank took about 5 seconds to comprehend my immense stupidity in misjudging how far that roll would shoot me off the cliff, so I popped SCK. I tanked the boss and all 4 casters for a good 5-10 seconds without ever dropping under 70% HP, just from SCK spam.

I'll do the same thing while soloing a fair amount of the time. Pull 5-10 mobs, SCK them down, never drop under 70-80% HP. SCK is pretty retardedly awesome even into the start of Cata stuff.
In my experience, I am fine with whatever the tank pulls. However, I have run into about 99% of the dungeons where the tank pulls the entire instance in one pull and I am left spamming SCK and the ocassional ability to use up my chi to get mana stacks.

I have actually run into quite a few where it was half completed, obviously the healer having left because of the stupidity of tank pulls (mostly dks or monks) and I could only imagine the healer that was there before, trying to keep up healing. SCK is extremely potent.

As a side note, I run out of mana much faster on single target melee heals (jab and BoK etc) than spamming SCK. The more mobs there are, the less mana I use.
Bad players gravitate toward the shiny class then eventually go back to there hunter(jk).

They simply stand out a lot more on monks heals and tanks.
Same thing happened to rogues. Bad players rushed to get fang of the father. Itll will settle down soon.
10/02/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Gruklaar

They'll be made easier to play. I expect one or two keybinds to disappear, and one or two buffs to get combined and/or have their durations extended.

You can't succeed as a monk if you're rolling your face across the keyboard. And since that's exactly what 90% of blizzard's paying customers want to be able to do, they'll eventually change the Monk class to suit that playstyle.

Mark my words.

I hope not. I've had a freakin' blast with playing this character. More fun than I ever had on my rogue or my paladin combined. The mobility, the aesthetic, the abilities, and just the overall feel has a chaotic fluidity to it that I can't really compare any other class with. Is it somewhat difficult? Oh yeah. But it's also a good difficult. And this is coming from someone who played a faceroll combat rogue for five years and a faceroll ret paladin for two. There's a level of involvement here that has made me enjoy the game again.

...that and I can play an orc again after playing my paladin. Was fun but...eh, cows.
10/02/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Gruklaar

Mark my words.

Wont happen.

A bad mage does bad DPS as well. I dont know who you play with, but maybe you've never seen a good mage. :P
I think that this forum post just goes to show that there are no moderators or devs that frequent this board, this is such an unproductive post that should have been locked.
Using spinning crane kick alone constantly can make your mana run out easily but you can choose to use it when

You are silence

Your group take serious damage

Face multiple enemy at once

You have enough time to recover your mana (especially when you have slow group)

Make sure to use your chi especially when you have maximum chi for mana tea (never let any chi to waste from that except you really need to constantly use spinning crane kick to keep your group stay alive) and never let your mana tea reach maximum stack as well (except you have full mana)

This. I'm leveling a meleeweaver and find myself having to fall back on SCK in dungeon runs a lot. Tanks tend to pull a lot of trash, so SCK beats everything on healing per mana. I've tried doing renewing mist and then jab/tiger palm buffs/black out kick and it's just can't stand up to SCK in situations with tons of mobs, and/or a lot of damage going to the party.
Then, especially around 50, there's a lot of aoe silence that happens, and SCK will rescue you there as well.
The funny thing is, there are so many times where if it weren't for aoe damage I wouldn't be using SCK, Windwalkers will see me doing it and they quickly start spamming it as well... it's teaching WW how to not use it right.