AFK/Botting in BGs

Battlegrounds
Has to be the worst I have ever seen. Close to 50% of the team makeup is AFK in some BGs. You report folks, then see them later in the day still AFKing. Please come up with a better system that discourages this.
I agree, getting waaaay out of hand tonight, every game we played in WSG had 2-3 bots in it. Why do we have to suffer?
If people werent too lazy to tag them afk they wouldnt do it as much. I've been in bgs where I've asked for ppl to be tagged several times and still they sit and soak up the honor while ppl keep fighting! Blizz needs to fix it instead of depending on the players to police their game for them!
Me: Im gonna get this heal off mr.bot
Bot: Nah I'm gonna silence you within 0.01 seconds into the cast cuz i'm a bot
Me: why dont u just afk
Bot: Nah i /autofollow anyone who's near me so i can't be afk'd out of this game, pretty sweet huh?
Me: not it's not sweet, i dun like joo
I have a great idea to stop AFKing and Botting FOREVER! Wanna know what it is? Call me crazy, but, what if, they... made BGs...FUN?

I know that sounds like a really stupid idea, and I don't blame Blizzard for not doing it, but it WOULD stop bots and AFKers..
I have a great idea to stop AFKing and Botting FOREVER! Wanna know what it is? Call me crazy, but, what if, they... made BGs...FUN?

I know that sounds like a really stupid idea, and I don't blame Blizzard for not doing it, but it WOULD stop bots and AFKers..

BGs are fun to me. That's why I play them. Making them fun is subjective and not everyone is going to agree on what "fun" is. It certainly wouldn't stop the botters and afkers though. There are people that make actual money by selling gold/characters. They don't play for fun and they certainly won't stop if the game were made to be fun as long as they are making a profit.
10/04/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Hurlo
If people werent too lazy to tag them afk they wouldnt do it as much. I've been in bgs where I've asked for ppl to be tagged several times and still they sit and soak up the honor while ppl keep fighting! Blizz needs to fix it instead of depending on the players to police their game for them!

This. I do not want to feel like I need to police AFKers and Botters every Battleground I enter.
http://imageshack.us/a/img13/8070/screenshot20121005at232.png

I rest my case
http://imageshack.us/a/img13/8070/screenshot20121005at232.png

I rest my case

It is really bad right now. Every game I played today had bots and I had one game like the person in the screenshot. It was eye of the storm and literally 80% of my team was botting. They were all from different servers too so it was just a.... hilarious or sad coincidence.

The more bliz lets it slide the more people are just gonna download these things so they can keep up in gear.
Yep, I guess it's fine to bot because everyone is doing it.
Yeah completely ruining the game for me. Was just in a gilneas, 7 members of my horde team were still on the boat, all bots and/or afk farming.
With the amount of times (when I was horde) I lost in bg's and it was worthless I honestly didnt blame the botters doing it. I'm jelly they get to get honor even if it's a lose without having to go through the terrible exp of terrible players. It's always bad over night. Not so much durign the day but the early am say 1 am to around 6 i noticed it bad.
Just ran a SotA, alliance had zero afkers Horde had 6...9 on 15..seems fair.
I had been wondering why we were getting free wins off the horde all day, in EoTS they would all just go to Belf Tower and stay there but smash anyone who got close instantly. This wasn't particularly fun as you stand there with a 3 cap and running the flag. Then we got to a twin peaks, me and my warrior buddy picked up the flag and got it back to the base, the rest of our team then proceeded to crowd around us, refusing to leave and go after the efc. They didn't respond to talking and latter abusing them so we said we would report them for being bots unless they said something. Two minutes later, reports done (still sitting in our base cause they won't even pick up the flag so we can kill their fc) my friend gets kicked from the bg (presumably for reporting them). In total only 3 people on our team (me, my friend and his replacement) were not bots that talked in chat and did intelligent things.

The sad thing is the bots are so good, Blizz please fix
never win a bg all bots
Good luck with Bliz fixing it. I seriously think their whole anti-bot/hack team got laid off years ago.
Good luck with Bliz fixing anything not PvE.

Fixed it
10/04/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Hurlo

You don't get it. Bots don't give a crap if you kick them. They queue right back up automatically. Do you really think little timmy cares one bit when he gets back online in 6 hours and sees that he got 2,000 honor instead of 3,000? He doesn't know - or care - if his bot got kicked or not.

This is easy for Blizzard to fix. They have to hire 1 person for every shift, 24 hour coverage, to log into BGs at random and ban botters. The word will very quickly get out and people won't do it. But since that costs money, Blizzard will never do it. Their answer to bot-free BGs is to play in the twink brackets.