c) would never go combat.

It's a step back to me...plus play-style is not.....fun
Thing is if I wanted to go combat I'd:

a) quit rogue
b) roll a warrior
c) would never go combat.

It's a step back to me...plus play-style is not.....fun

I personally think the most fun is Sub > Combat > Assassination

Assassination has a rotation that is the easiest, the most amount of waiting, and the least amount of abilities they have to worry about keeping up. Tl;dr assassination is hella boring imo

sorry, was talking about from a PvE perspective
Combat has the best burst in the game. You don't even need to be in stealth. I've had numerous rogues open on me and bring my health down to 50-40%, but then I burst them down and win.
Have you tried this in 3's yet?
10/06/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Cannabliss
Combat has the best burst in the game. You don't even need to be in stealth. I've had numerous rogues open on me and bring my health down to 50-40%, but then I burst them down and win.

err i looked at your gear, and i hope thats the weapons u use for playing sub, cuz combat needs dual 2.6 speed weapons, u will do way more damage with them than daggers.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r158/Shadowoftheheavens/gangnam.png

You are the one getting worked up butting you fat head into a posts that have nothing to do with you at all.

Nothing to do with me? I forgot that upon achieving 2200 3s rating everything and anything under the sun PvP related instantly becomes your forte. I am posting because you're the epitome of the main problem with the entire community. Inb4 "NOOB I WOULD WRECK YOU SCRUB 3s or GTFO infidel"

Explain you tears.

All i have said is this these posts are pointless.

That is babbling about purple dragon. Non of that is even remotely true at all. Boat loads of players were playing Sub. PLenty of player never even played mut at all and stayed sub from BC all the way through wrath.

No, they didn't. Go over to AJ and post that. I would like to see how "well" you are remembering things.

99% of rogue glads from S5-S7 were Mut-Prep. I would bet at least 50% of rogue glads in S8 were Mut-Prep.

Subs damage on plate was garbage. There was no Find Weakness. Backstab hit for nothing. Everything was Hemo, and Hemo hit for nothing either. With how popular TSG was for most of Wrath, going against them as Sub was an autoloss.

No, you were just living in a box. Plenty of rogue were pure sub all through wrath.

Everything you said is completely false. I played sub a large portion of wrath and so did a lot of people I know, your just kid living in a cocoon.

Prior to the Hemo buff (amongst other buffs), no one played it. No one. Reckful made a name for himself among other high end rogues because he was Shadowdance. And only after 3.3. And only for it's control and mobility. Sub's damage on mail or plate was garbage.

Sub was popular because of how popular caster cleaves were in the last season of Wrath, and how squishy and kitable Mut-Prep was going against them. I have absolutely no idea what angle you are coming from with your "statement". Sub was dead for almost all of Wrath. I touched on PvP. It's only shining moment in PvE was in Naxx, and only because of the HaT bug giving a group full of Sub rogues constant finishers.

For someone who takes this game so seriously, you don't seem to have any idea what you are talking about. You need to calm down at like, go outside maybe.

Wrong, in fact there were very few rogues on my server that ran Mut at all, most were die hard I am staying sub from BC. Maybe all the wrath noobs ran mut, whatever, but most BC rogue stayed sub.
10/06/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Snipes
Hey mad level 85 rogue, don't see you doing any pvp at 90 and yes it's true, combat rogues are much nastier than the other specs right now... And bringing up Reckful, you do know he rerollled a warrior for MoP right? Refuse to read this thread any further due to the stupidity and I commend the OP for trying to give some kind of insight for the rogues who are downright hating life on WoW right now, all specs have their ups and downs but atm combat has less downs than the other, but of course not as much downs as you have, my friend.

Hey 85 hunter, shut your hole about rogues.

You are the one getting worked up butting you fat head into a posts that have nothing to do with you at all.

Grow out of using profanity to try to make a point. It's embarrassing to read your posts.

Profanity? LOL!?! The only thing embarrassing is your reading comprehension.

Grow out of using profanity to try to make a point. It's embarrassing to read your posts.

you are an incredibly rude and unpleasent person

you are an incredibly rude and unpleasent person

Then i suggest you steer clear of me sucka.
@OP: My attempt at getting this back on topic... Lol. Would you mind explaining what rotation you are using? I'm curious to try out your suggestions.
10/06/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Phatality
@OP: My attempt at getting this back on topic... Lol. Would you mind explaining what rotation you are using? I'm curious to try out your suggestions.

for combat SnD and expose armor and reavealing strike have to be up at all times, some will argue that expose armor is a waste, but i find it helpful due to a big chunk of your damage is auto attacks and combat has no armor pen. have reavealing strike up B4 kidney, it will make it 2 seconds longer. If fighting more than one person or your target has a pet bladeflurry B4 kill spree so if you bounce to the pet it will still cleave on to your target. Some argue that AR and shadow blades should be used at the same time but I like to keep Shadowblades as a backup in case i need extra damage if kill spree, or AR/trink dont finish the job, because if you dont have any of these CDs up, its going to be very hard to get a kill.
10/06/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Failrogue

for combat SnD and expose armor and reavealing strike have to be up at all times, some will argue that expose armor is a waste, but i find it helpful due to a big chunk of your damage is auto attacks and combat has no armor pen. have reavealing strike up B4 kidney, it will make it 2 seconds longer. If fighting more than one person or your target has a pet bladeflurry B4 kill spree so if you bounce to the pet it will still cleave on to your target. Some argue that AR and shadow blades should be used at the same time but I like to keep Shadowblades as a backup in case i need extra damage if kill spree, or AR/trink dont finish the job, because if you dont have any of these CDs up, its going to be very hard to get a kill.

Cool sounds good, so keep those up, and spam sinister strike in the mean time. How do you feel about Subterfuge vs. Shadow Focus as Combat?
So this is what we have learned:

-Combat is extremely potent 1v1 and counters hard melee
-Combat is a one-trick pony
-Combat hits like wet dildos without KS and AR
-None of the above is new

Combat does not counter a warrior, nothing counters a warrior.
10/06/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Phatality
Cool sounds good, so keep those up, and spam sinister strike in the mean time. How do you feel about Subterfuge vs. Shadow Focus as Combat?

With combat you will never get a super hard hitting opener like you can with sub, unless you make the nub move of using your agi trink and kill spree right after opening, Subterfuge works well with Cheap shot garrote, reavealing strike, expose armor (if you choose to glyph it) then you have 5 pts for slice and dice. Shadow focus its cheap shot or garrote revealing strike expose armor (again if glyphed) then slice and dice. Problem with combat is that u need to get bandits guile up to at least yellow B4 you can start hitting hard and thats really the key to get a kill is getting them in a kidney with bandits guile SnD and expose armor.. then you can obliterate them with your CDs. However this is a lot to juggle. A lot of rogues poo poo combat cuz it was meh for so long and its current lack of armor pen, but whatever rogues are the weakest class overall atm so play whatever floats your boat cuz unless you are carried or you are just some wizard at this game you arent gonna get far in rating anyway atm.

-Combat is extremely potent 1v1 and counters hard melee ('cept Warriors)-Combat is a one-trick pony-Combat hits like wet dildos without KS and AR-None of the above is new

Sub hits like a wet !@#$% without CDs atm as well. Mut is the only one that has "decent" dmg without CDs.

10/06/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Lifsha
Combat does not counter a warrior, nothing counters a warrior.

A full total retard behind the keybaord is the rogues only counter to a warrior now.