Afraid of the Dark (Simulacrum)

Death Knight
Fellow Death Knights I would ask you all to comment about good opportunities in which to use Dark Simulacrum in Panda Land.

Keep on trucking,
Osteo
Signing your posts is stupid because we can see your name right there.
Sim a Mage as you Grip them. Most times, you'll get a Blink.

If you're getting beat on, try Simming an enemy healer to copy a heal (meh).

Most times, copying a CC like a Cyclone or a burst cooldown like a Pal's wings can be incredible for support or burst. Stealing Deep Freeze totally wastes it (but does the "frozen" apply to Chilblain's Chains?).

It's fairly random but with some practice, you'll learn when most people will use the spell you want to copy so it becomes less of a gamble. With the Glyph, you get to try twice as often.
Well I got icy touched glyphed,,,so I usually just icy touch till i get their shield off..then dark simulacrum them..90 percent of the time...free shield for me
Other 10 percent..I get a free poly to throw on there healer and force a trinket ...
10/05/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Road

Who cares, let him do what he wants.
10/05/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Road

I wholeheartedly agree

Serrias
Just keep an eye out for bosses in heroics that have mana, you'll almost always get something.

I haven't found anything too outstanding yet.
I think Dark Simulacrum needs a little tweak, it's a bit too situational. The abilities that are copyable should be broadened and it should copy the enemy's last used ability, rather than the next. Also, if the damage coefficient were correctly operating in PvE environments, that would also improve things. I can't tell you how many times I've copied an enemy's 5k Shadowbolt only to have mine deal 86 damage.
10/06/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Kleykir
I think Dark Simulacrum needs a little tweak, it's a bit too situational. The abilities that are copyable should be broadened and it should copy the enemy's last used ability, rather than the next. Also, if the damage coefficient were correctly operating in PvE environments, that would also improve things. I can't tell you how many times I've copied an enemy's 5k Shadowbolt only to have mine deal 86 damage.

i know its fixed in heroics

any spell attack you steal will do 90k or 15k or 30k

can steal the fire whirlwind from H Mog and shoot out 16k fire balls AoE for 10 seconds.

or any of those abilities and they will all do respectable damage.

I wholeheartedly agree

Serrias

Only total bad's sign there posts.

(the) Jäckßauer - Mal'Ganis.
10/06/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Jäckßäuer

I wholeheartedly agree

Serrias

Only total bad's sign there posts.

(the) Jäckßauer - Mal'Ganis.

Actually I've been meaning to ask, is your main on MG? If so I've probably run into you before now that our servers are buddy-buddy and all.
10/06/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Serrias
Actually I've been meaning to ask, is your main on MG? If so I've probably run into you before now that our servers are buddy-buddy and all.

Yes, same name on M'G. And you've probably killed me at the Dark Portal.