Why are we poor?

Battlegrounds
The raiders sit on mountains of gold yet if you just wana pvp you get nothing? Why do you guys at blizz hate your pvp players so much?
I've argued this in many a threads. It gets nowhere. Pretty much we're told to spend honor to vendor weapons, DE weapons and sell w/e we get on the ah, loot bodies (which now only gives 36 bronze per), and w/e silly excuse people come up with.
You don't get gold to pvp, you don't need gold to pvp. I see no real problem here.
10/06/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Ziggzy
You don't get gold to pvp, you don't need gold to pvp. I see no real problem here.

Because gems, enchants, and reforging is free, right?
10/06/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Zevahcotineb

And repairs?
I haven't slain dragons since wrath and I still have a quarter million

/shrug
10/06/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Piñata
Why do you guys at blizz hate your pvp players so much?

They don't. They simply analyze you. Here's how it is. You are many times more likely to walk away than a pve player. You log in, do a few bg's or arenas, and then log back out. Your time investment, emotionally, is much less a firm tie to Azeroth than a pve player.

You are therefor, accordingly, worth much less when it comes to designing new features. You're an afterthought. The real thought goes into keeping hooked those that their claws are most firmly grasping.

Logical.

I purely pvp aside from getting a lame heroic weapon and I spend waaaaay to long on this game. I am not a casual, I was not a casual in cata either. I pvp like 25 hours a week. I want goldz
You are poor because you are lazy. Sorry I am poor as well, and lazy in game as well, but its because I don't give a rats !@#, my ladypal sends me gems etc. She is a PVE'r...but she has money because she has PROFESSIONS, she doesn't mind running around collecting crap, working the AH etc. Sure they get a drop here or there thats BOE and makes them some extra cash. I don't wanna "work" in a game for virtual money, again by choice.

Also not sure how its going to go this expac, but in cata I made a lot of money selling JP BOE items.

Don't get me wrong, I am with you on this, I would love to get gold for just doing random $%^ Bg's all day, but I don't think its gonna happen.
I think its because PvP has much lower overhead. In raiding you get new gear all the time, literally every week. You wipe, gear breaks. People change gems, enchants, and reforges daily to try and tweak dps / hps / mitigation.

In PvP, you have 2 sets of gear, 1 once you get past the first season. You have honor gear and then conquest gear. You gem it and enchant it once, and you don't replace it until the next season. Repairs in pvp are, lets admit it, a joke. maybe 10g if I ignore my gear for an entire day of battlegrounds. True, you can play with your reforges just as much as a raider. But your gemming and enchanting doesnt have to be done nearly as often.

And finally, raiding requires groups of 10-25 people. Any gold made in that group is either going to a pot in the sky that benefits the whole group, or it's distributed somehow to the raiders. PvP can be done solo or in groups of 2, 3, 5, or 10 if you do RBGs.

All just my opinions though, based on observations. Blizz may just hate pvpers.
10/06/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Zevahcotineb

Bro you have two profession slots don't you, go enchanting/jc, sell what you don't need to pay for reforges.
10/07/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Addelaide
maybe 10g if I ignore my gear for an entire day of battlegrounds. True, you can play with your reforges just as much as a raider. But your gemming and enchanting doesnt have to be done nearly as often.

How often do you bg in a day? hour wise? Also, how is gear changing so much? You have jp gear/vp gear just like you have hp/cp gear. Pretty much you do a lot of dungeons to gear up for raids. In those dungeons you get gold for completing each one, drops from trash/bosses, possible gear so you don't have to spend jp points, and I'm pretty sure you're not wiping in a heroic dungeon. I've done plenty with no wipes, yet in pvp you take gear damage just by fighting (which I always thought Blizz was against). No one said OMG make us rich through pvp. But, a little gold at the end of completing you're first daily random isn't a lot to ask for.
Because more people would bot like when they had PvP dailies.
10/07/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Ziggzy
Bro you have two profession slots don't you, go enchanting/jc, sell what you don't need to pay for reforges.

Pvers have the exact same options
I agree.. Pvp should see a little gold.
The only reason I can think of why we don't see gold is because of bots. If rewarded with gold for completing a random BG win or loose, we probably would see way more bots sitting in our Random BG's. If only we got gold depending on how much effort we put into each BG...
10/07/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Ayve
Because more people would bot like when they had PvP dailies.

Poor excuse. Just initiate the captcha as people have suggested. Simple solution for getting most bots out of the way
10/07/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Piñata
The follow-bots you see are run by amateurs without access to such proprietary software.
lol a bots a bot.
I've never really understood this. Pure PvE'rs don't get gold thrown at them, so why should pure PvP'rs? I have gold because I use my professions, not because I run heroics. I'd never be able to pay for gems, enchants, reforges and repairs solely by running heroics and raids, so why should I be able to by solely running arenas and BGs?

It seems like laziness to me. I also feel like a lot of people like to toss professions in the "PvE" basket, which doesn't make sense. Herbing certainly isn't PvP, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have to do it to sustain yourself because you only like to PvP. I don't particularly like making shoulder enchants, either, but I wouldn't be able to kill Internet dragons if I didn't, so I do it.

It's not even like making gold is hard. I leveled herb/inscription 1-600 in one day. It takes me 10 minutes to farm 7-9 stacks of fool's cap (roughly) and they sell 200-250g a stack. With 2 stacks, I can make a shoulder enchant and sell it for 800g. I've made 30k+ in a week doing this between BG and heroic queues.