How should I deal with warriors and hunters?

Battlegrounds
Ever since Pandaria hit I have seen the amount of warriors and hunters rise in bgs and arenas. (Same with warlocks). I assuming this is from the all of the buffs these classes received. Either way every time I fight a warrior or hunter they tend to kill me in 3-4 hits. Its possible they may have all of their CDs on but it seems like every time I fight a warrior/hunter they do that. It could very possibly be my gear but I have a decent amount of it.

I don't want to flat out call them over powered because I may be doing something wrong. But when you're in 2s and you're fighting bm hunters and warriors every match I tend to wonder. (That would partially explain my terrible 2s team record right now...). I've asked warriors and hunters but they claim they are "balanced" or "under powered" and give me no advice. Then claim that chaos bolt is overpowered and should be nerfed. So now i'm here.

Either way how do I deal with them?
From the super-scrub arena games I did on the weekend here are my findings:

- BM hunters have the most amount of burst
- Destro locks aren't that far in terms of burst but require spool time
- warriors will just stun the sh...YOU CAN'T DO THAT WHILE STUNNED
- resto druids in cat form hit too hard for a healer
- ret paladins offhealing is too strong (PS, train the ret)
- healers in general don't need to worry about mana
- monks have too much control
- actually, most classes have too much control

My suggestion to dealing with warriors and hunters is to wait till the nerf bat comes swinging.
Hunters, especially BM, gets over buffed at the start of every expo and over-nerfed soon after thereby making it a useless spec for the rest of the expo. Guess the same thing happened to warriors in Cata.
just leave BG, thats the best way to deal with them atm.
10/07/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Failrogue
just leave BG, thats the best way to deal with them atm.

Except if you're playing a BG they should just be avoided unless they're capping something or carrying flags. 2 shooting me is way harder, but if I left a BG everytime I'm just literally CCed to death (my personal frustration, showing how crappy the shaman cast times and cooldowns are for PvP), for example, as a shaman my PvP life would be fairly limited.

To the OP, I'm assuming you're not Demo, ok?

BM hunters have an extra Kill Command every 30 seconds and an extra pet every X seconds. Remember all their mastery goes directly to pet damage, so you're really fighting the pet, not the hunter. Excluding defensive maneuvers...

CC the main pet. They'll blow a cooldown. CC them and fight the pet. When the CC is down, target them again. CC the main pet. Ops... no cooldown. There goes the free Kill Command. If they didn't die, rinse and repeat.

Marksmanship hunters will do everything to fit an Aimed Shot in. Just like Chaos Bolt, don't let them fire it. Silence/fear/stun them as much as possible, as most os their attacks are instants. After a couple of hard hits, they'll be without focus. That's your best chance, since you'll still have plenty of mana.

Even with all survivability, hunters are terrible at taking dots. The BM heal from the active pet doesn't even begin to cut it. In equal healing conditions, between warlocks and hunters, it usually comes down to who gets the first CC.
BMs pretty east to counter, when you see them go big and red, make sure you are stacked with teammates/pets pop a defensive CD and stun/silence the hunter.

Stun/silence = no killcommands = only basic pet attacks.

Stacking splits the damage from lynx rush.

Survive the burst then they are a free kill.

as for warriors, just run away.- if one gets in range you will be 100-20% in a shockwave
BMs pretty east to counter, when you see them go big and red, make sure you are stacked with teammates/pets pop a defensive CD and stun/silence the hunter.

as for warriors, just run away.- if one gets in range you will be 100-20% in a shockwave

So your solution to winning against a BM hunter is to bring a whole team?
so warriors are finally warriors and you want us to get nurfed, learn how to play your class before coming on here qqing because every class has its ups and downs, and as soon as you get killed by 1 class you come on the forums and cry and try get them nurfed. you gotta remember a warrior has to get in close so why cant we hit like trucks?

So your solution to winning against a BM hunter is to bring a whole team?

or just pop evasion.
From the super-scrub arena games I did on the weekend here are my findings:

- BM hunters have the most amount of burst
- Destro locks aren't that far in terms of burst but require spool time
- warriors will just stun the sh...YOU CAN'T DO THAT WHILE STUNNED
- resto druids in cat form hit too hard for a healer
- ret paladins offhealing is too strong (PS, train the ret)
- healers in general don't need to worry about mana
- monks have too much control
- actually, most classes have too much control

My suggestion to dealing with warriors and hunters is to wait till the nerf bat comes swinging.
Hunters, especially BM, gets over buffed at the start of every expo and over-nerfed soon after thereby making it a useless spec for the rest of the expo. Guess the same thing happened to warriors in Cata.

Did I just witness a Paladin, not complaining about a Mage for once?
HOLY SUHGUHSUHUGRYHUS