Is This Reportable?

Customer Support
Hello,
I have a question for you all. Today when Galleon spawned on one of the PvE realms I play on, my friends and I rushed to get a group going. We had a good 2 or 3 minute head start on the horde side and we likely would have had the tag first BUT..

Horde players all decided to get on their Mammoths and stack them on our summoning stones. Repeatedly. They cut us off from summoning at all.

They got the tag and the kill after they prevented us from getting over 1/2 our raid there.

Now maybe this is our raids fault for expecting summons, maybe we should have been faster. But it just seems kind of cheap to park mammoths on the other raid teams summons.

Is that something I should report? Or is that just a "too bad, so sad, cry moar, better luck next time!" situation? Also if it is reportable would it be too late to ticket? It happened a few hours ago now.

Thanks for reading. :)
Griefing is bad..but thats kinda funny
I guess you can report that for it's not an intended mechanic. You can have everyone fly though too. On my pvp server, we probably summon a total of 5 people out of 40 to kill sha/galleon.
10/09/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Jessi
Now maybe this is our raids fault for expecting summons, maybe we should have been faster.

this. exactly.
I play on a PvE server and was going to heal that boss. Not only did we get there first, but we also had everything set up and had our AoE's going for the tag. We got the tag and started the fight. The Horde flagged themselves to force someone to accidentally hit them whilst trying to collect the adds. Of course, that meant that they're now flagged and that if they recieve heals, the healer is flagged. And so insued us all getting flagged and ganked by a combination of the boss and the TWO 30-man Horde groups. They got the next tag and wiped twice before killing it. Despite us regrouping and trying to get the tag, we kept getting flagged for PvP, since they were bombing any of us that still had a flag up (stupid 5-minute timer). Group heals would again flag us healers. Bam. Dead.
You can report them, but nothing will happen. Blizzard will just reply with a normal automated response.
Should have used a warlock.

Warlocks can summon too. Everyone seems to have forgotten that. Everyone.
10/09/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Jessi
Horde players all decided to get on their Mammoths and stack them on our summoning stones. Repeatedly. They cut us off from summoning at all.

We should have access to the /interact command, so if we can't physically click something, if we're in proximity of it, we could do a /interact summoning stone or something (but not have the ability to macro that command.)

But I can only imagine how abusable that would be..
10/09/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Anastasiia
Now maybe this is our raids fault for expecting summons, maybe we should have been faster.

this. exactly.

Yeah, be faster. At least get your tank and healers to tag the boss. Seems more like they did "clever use of game mechanics" as opposed to abuse.
I'm laughing a bit here, sorry. But, it's kind of like saying "I couldn't check my mail because of all the mounts on the mailbox!". I'm not saying it isn't reportable, nor am I saying this out of Horde favoritism, since I play Alliance, mostly. :p

It just doesn't seem reportable. Is it mean and uncalled for? Yeah, in my opinion. But, here's a hint for you and anyone else that ever has mailbox problems, summoning problems, and any other problem that involves something along the lines of this. Zoom in all the way, until you can no longer zoom. You can then click the portal and you'll see right through any mounts or people. I do this a lot with mailboxes, and I have done it in crowded raid areas From WotLK to now.

Best of Luck!
In before:

"Clever usage of game mechanics"

:-)
I wish it was reportable, but I don't think it is.
That's actually griefing, and it's reportable. I recommend proceeding to do so.

Of course, I'd expect nothing less from the Horde. That's the sort of environment their Warchief encourages: cowardly actions only taken when someone can't respond.
You can open a ticket and report them (because they are interfering with others being able to play I believe) if you know their names and remember details like the time and such. Can you do a /tar summoning stone or something?
10/09/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Anastasiia

this. exactly.
Yes, perhaps. Its hard on the alliance side to even get a group for these things because 1/2 of trade doesnt even know what Galleon is. *shrug*

10/09/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Mistybrew
I wish it was reportable, but I don't think it is.

10/09/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Ragefang
That's actually griefing, and it's reportable.

It would be nice if we had a new set of rules for these world bosses. I have a feeling the old Vanilla rules are out of date so I honestly don't know what actions qualify as okay and what qualifies as griefing.

Thank you for the responses so far.

It would be nice if we had a new set of rules for these world bosses. I have a feeling the old Vanilla rules are out of date so I honestly don't know what actions qualify as okay and what qualifies as griefing.

Thank you for the responses so far.

Since people can just fly there, it's hard to consider it as anything other than a mild inconvenience.
Clever ole chaps.