Moonkin questions?

New Player Help and Guides
How should i spec out my moonkin and what would be a decent rotation? Thanks in advance :)
10/02/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Fishal
How should i spec out my moonkin and what would be a decent rotation? Thanks in advance :)

Hey there Fishal. At your level you shouldn't really worry too much about a rotation.

If you want the in-depth rotation though, you can check out noxxic.com

Boomkins focus on keeping themselves in eclipse states and keeping their dots up and hitting starsurge when it's up.

As far as talents go you really won't have big talents that are important for DPS until level 60, however typhoon can be nice to have while solo questing.
Focus on gear with intellect. Agility gear is not useful for moonkins. Leather is preferable to cloth, but at your level, cloth is fine if the stats are correct. The talents are really a matter of personal preference, but I agree that Typhoon is helpful for soloing.

In general, if the mob will die quickly, dots are not very useful. For solo play, focus on casting Wrath in Solar eclipse and Starfire in Lunar. Use your Starsurge procs whenever available. In dungeons or PVP, dots are more useful for longer living enemies.

For solo play, use Prowl to sneak around mobs you don't want to DPS, Entangling Roots is great for CC, although it won't help with caster mobs. Dash is your friend when things are not going your way.