Cross Realm Zones are failing (long)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
I love CRZ. Love the feel of an MMO again. WoW was an empty world.
10/07/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Rockpops
I likw this post, but Blizzard doesn't care and is comitted to this "feature" because it saves them money on server upkeep

lol what.
10/07/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Dachengshi
I can only say that while leveling a pair of panda monks with my wife that the issues have been significant enough that I'm very upset and my wife is contemplating quitting WoW, all together. This is a woman who's played since vanilla with two realm firsts, got the Insane title when it was TRULY an INSANE feat, is an avid pet and mount collector and someone who is known on our server as a resource for all things holiday. And yet, in less than two weeks, her experience has been SO BAD that she's ready to abandon all of that work and walk away.

If she only enjoyed WoW when it pleased her, then she isn't a loyal customer. I disliked many aspects of Cataclysm, yet I stuck around because I am loyal to WoW.

If a single feature is making her quit WoW, then good riddance.

I have been playing my Dwarven Monk since monks were available every day and he is still only level 41 because all I have been doing is collecting mounts and pet battling. if your wife actually lived for that kind of stuff, she would be EXTATIC about WoW.

My advice to you is to wait until the bugs with CRZ are fixed. I assume you are adults now since you're married; it's not a bad idea to be more patient, as is required of adults.
server transfer to stormrage. huge population of 85s and 90s. long queue just to login to server during peak hours. i sat in a queue the other day, for an hour. i was number 1200 and something, in the queue when i first tried to login. anyway, high pop server equals xrealm would have to be squeezed in and that's not the point of xrealm. just not enough server space for it. also means you won't have to fight as much over rare spawns in areas that are not current content (well once the current batch of pandas max out)
I leveled monk with a friend from level 1 too.

Never encountered ANY of your problem.
Your problem seem to be a code 12.

My only problem with CRZ is that my server used to be big majority horde, and now I can see alliance everywhere. So there's a lot more PvP, but it's my fault for choosing a PvP server over a PvE one.

Code 12, nothing else to see.
I haven't noticed the behaviour too bad to be honest. In many cases people actually waited until I was done killing a MOB to see if I was gonna harvest the node.

That said, seeing a ton of people around me doesn't make me want to play with them any more then before. I'm just not the grouping while leveling type. All CRZ does it make quests take longer when I can't get the kills I need.

What has pissed me off is the phasing. Seeing nodes on my minimap that I can't see in game. Not being able to loot some things without relogging. And brewfest apple barrels not activating unless I pass over them 4 and 5 times.

This is all stuff that I never really experienced before CRZ that are very annoying when playing the game.
HEY REMEMBER BACK IN EQ WHEN QUESTING REQUIRED READING AND ENOURMOUS TIME SPENT RESURCHING TO TO JUST TALK TO THE QUEST GIVER! REMEMBER HOW RAID BOSSES WHERE NOT INSTANCED AND YOU HAD TO FIGHT FOR THEIR SPAWN TIMES YOU ARE ALL SO SPOILED

There is a reason millions of people don't play EQ.
A lot of those complaints seem like bugs or a lack of a desire for competition. As for issues just tagging I've been leveling a warlock up since CRZ went live and only once have I had issues with no mobs for a quest due to overcrowding, have had the occasional 85/90 clear out a questing area but that has always happened and isn't an overcrowding issue.

I've not done much leveling in a group but the phasing thing would piss me off. Again though, would think that is a bug and scrapping crz over a bug, assuming it is fixable, is a baby and the bathwater situation.
Exactly. Things like glowcaps aren't on quick respawn timers. So especially when grouped, which is something Blizz is encouraging, it takes SO MUCH LONGER to complete some of these quests that it makes one question the wisdom of grouping in the first place.

For every benefit that comes from more easily killing groups of mobs, there is the detriment that comes from having to farm X times as many spawned quest items.

Especially with the advent of linear quest lines, a player is just...stuck. Advancing via questing becomes a massive slog and the only way to speed things along is to engage in really anti-social behaviors which are antithetical to group and social play.
CRZ is good on paper, but in practice, fails. I was leveling my monk alt in Northrend the other day and there was this stupid lock from another server (Garona I believe) killing a NPC over and over again. It was annoying and I had to skip that quest cause of it. Luckily, I haven't had any problems with node stealing as of right now, but I've had a few bugs from mobs not being targetable to not being able to loot stuff.

Most, if not all, the older quests are no longer group quests, and no one is going to pair up with someone randomly doing quests. There's no need to group up unless there was a group quest, and the only group quests left are possibly the cata ones. All the BC and Wrath ones I've encountered so far are all solo quests, even ones that were previously group quests.
they wont get rid of CRZ then they would have to admit it sucks.
Yah, not real sure what good they thought crz's was going to do, but whatever tiny bit of good it might have done has been overshadowed by the behavior and circumstances you are stating. I hate it, and really really wish blizz would roll that crap back out of our game.

I was trying to level my panda, got invited by someone from another realm who had neither the level nor the gear to be killing the things we were both killing. I had 10 minutes left to play, and frankly did not feel like carrying this person through the quest at the moment. When I declined they invited again, then again, I finally told them, " i said no, i mean no", his response...'then you are just a b**ch. Who needs that kind of garbage in a game we are paying and supposed to be able to enjoy?
10/07/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Jezpaku
I can only say that while leveling a pair of panda monks with my wife that the issues have been significant enough that I'm very upset and my wife is contemplating quitting WoW, all together. This is a woman who's played since vanilla with two realm firsts, got the Insane title when it was TRULY an INSANE feat, is an avid pet and mount collector and someone who is known on our server as a resource for all things holiday. And yet, in less than two weeks, her experience has been SO BAD that she's ready to abandon all of that work and walk away.

If she only enjoyed WoW when it pleased her, then she isn't a loyal customer. I disliked many aspects of Cataclysm, yet I stuck around because I am loyal to WoW.

If a single feature is making her quit WoW, then good riddance.

I have been playing my Dwarven Monk since monks were available every day and he is still only level 41 because all I have been doing is collecting mounts and pet battling. if your wife actually lived for that kind of stuff, she would be EXTATIC about WoW.

My advice to you is to wait until the bugs with CRZ are fixed. I assume you are adults now since you're married; it's not a bad idea to be more patient, as is required of adults.

You're kidding, right? Blizzard doesn't care about "loyalty" if anyhing people who quit get more outa them than those who keep paying month after month after month. If you quit before march you can come back and either get a free server transfer or a free level 85 with decent gear and flying mount paid for.

If anything the responsable thing for them to do if they are unhappy is quit, that's what companies care about; revenues drop then decisions are made. Them paying for a subscription to be "loyal" doesn't help anyone but pad the coffers of a company doing a poor job implementing Crz.
I'm actually confused at how bad some people's experiences are with CRZ, when mine have been pretty much fantastic all the time.

10/07/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Dachengshi
Well, even when SW is full to the gills and most certainly NOT a low population zone, it's still chock full of folks from multiple realms.

SW has people from other servers because CRZ allows someone from your realm to invite realid/battletag friends onto his or her realm.

10/07/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Wu
I would like to honestly know where the people from Normal and RP realms posted their dissatisfaction with world population. I never once saw anyone complain about not seeing other people while questing. Blizzard's official stance is that the only purpose of CRZ is to make the world appear to have more people. I believe Blizzard should have only implemented CRZs on PvP realms and then given people on PvP realms a free transfer off to a Normal realm if they didn't like the feature.

The point of an MMO is the MM. Leveling was really just an ORPG.
10/07/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Zém
welcome to vanilla?

Exactly!!

The majority of your issues with WoW are issues that have nothing to do with CRZ. These are issues when two people play together.

Why quit now when this is something that's standard of WoW? Your complaints are confusing because you're making them sound like they began in MoP.

The CRZ bugs will be fixed. If you cannot wait, then you are free to leave.

If you want, you may make a constructive criticism by adding what you would like to see changed. It may sound something like this:

"As a good fix to these problems, I would like to see mob-tagging removed from the game; instead, all those who attack a mob share loot from the mob the same as they would if only one of them killed it. This way you can play with people from CRZs without mob-stealing or griefing. Nodes should work the same way; all have a right to their own phased version of the node with an individual respawn timer. By doing this, my wife and I can quest together without having to loot double the amount of mobs so that we can each get '20' items for a quest."
HEY REMEMBER BACK IN EQ WHEN QUESTING REQUIRED READING AND ENOURMOUS TIME SPENT RESURCHING TO TO JUST TALK TO THE QUEST GIVER!

REMEMBER HOW RAID BOSSES WHERE NOT INSTANCED AND YOU HAD TO FIGHT FOR THEIR SPAWN TIMES

YOU ARE ALL SO SPOILED

HAY REMEMBER WHEN MUDS WERE ALL TEXT AND BEFORE THAT WHEN YOU JUST PLAYED DND?! THINGS SHOULD NEVER CHANGE HUH!

Advent! Zork! Thanks for the memories! (A hollow voice says "plugh" ) :D