A thought to make DK's more competitive inPVE

Death Knight
the shenangians here went off the roof.
I'm not just talking about melee classes here. I'm talking about EVERYONE and if you know anything, mages are curb stomping us. Seem's they do so most of the time.
For those mentioning heroics... Heroics mean nothing. DW will mostly likely outdamage any class in a 3+ cleave scenario, mamybe not warriors or monks with bladestorm and that retarded kick.
This is uniquely for actual raiding and in Actual BiS gear vs other classes. I was proposing this as sort of an aid, something to make us more competitive right now. It would be nice is all. Good day.
I'm not just talking about melee classes here. I'm talking about EVERYONE and if you know anything, mages are curb stomping us. Seem's they do so most of the time.
For those mentioning heroics... Heroics mean nothing. DW will mostly likely outdamage any class in a 3+ cleave scenario, mamybe not warriors or monks with bladestorm and that retarded kick.
This is uniquely for actual raiding and in Actual BiS gear vs other classes. I was proposing this as sort of an aid, something to make us more competitive right now. It would be nice is all. Good day.

How do you figure frost will beat unholy in a 3+ cleave fight? Unholy has to do very little to cleave and the more adds there are the better we get.

How do you figure frost will beat unholy in a 3+ cleave fight? Unholy has to do very little to cleave and the more adds there are the better we get.

You can stack mastery, and with the proper use of runic empowerment (refresh a rune @45% chance) you can gimmick the talent to only refresh your frost/death runes, allowing for some serious howling blast spam.

Unholy does good AOE damage, but it's dot damage, and blood boil doesn't compare to HB.

Edit: to explain the runic emp. talent, it will only refresh a rune type if BOTH runes are on CD. So, if both death/frost runes are on CD and only one UH rune on CD runic emp will ONLY refresh a death or frost rune.
We have our dots, empowered ghoul, dnd and blood boil. No unholy dk will stack mastery in pve, mastery is under crit now.

Didnt howling blast get nerfed with the amount of spalsh damage it does to secondary targets?
We have our dots, empowered ghoul, dnd and blood boil. No unholy dk will stack mastery in pve, mastery is under crit now.

Didnt howling blast get nerfed with the amount of spalsh damage it does to secondary targets?

I wasn't talking about UH, you asked about frost lol.

and no, howling blast does full damage to all of its targets IIRC.
10/10/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Vexione
and no, howling blast does full damage to all of its targets IIRC

The tooltip is saying it does half damage. I'm not frost so I can't actually try it though.
10/10/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Woran
and no, howling blast does full damage to all of its targets IIRC

The tooltip is saying it does half damage. I'm not frost so I can't actually try it though.

I'm at work and I'm fairly forgetful of things like that. I tried looking up the spell on wowhead since you can't actually check it on blizzards site (fail).

Still, on average my HB's do 20k to a single target.
10/10/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Vexione
and no, howling blast does full damage to all of its targets IIRC.

Nope.

10/10/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Woran

Nope, not anymore.

Howling Blast now does 80% damage to all secondary targets up from 50%. 5.0.4 Hotfix (8/30/12).

Quoted from EJ, since I'm too lazy to dig out the blue post.
Eh, I was top dps in lfr, galleon, and sha of anger as well as heroics. I'm not yet seeing an issue.

BiS? Ok, well, gl up there. That's not where I play my game.

howling blast has been buffed for AoE

100% dmg on main target 80% dmg on secondary targets (up from 50%)

unholy will beat frost on any sustained AoE phase but a quick burst of some adds that pop up should go to frost.
Correct to the person above me.
http://simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html

Current sims. And I know sims are sims but they give us an idea where we stand.
anyways this went out of control :(
I have no issues with the dps I can put out as frost, so this is not a dps complaint. But again I hate the downtime, you know, those periods where we have no runic power and all runes are on cooldown.

So again everything I say here is with the assumption that Bliz would adjust the numbers to keep us where we are, but how about making it so our rime procs give us runic power, and maybe even making the double rime proc thing we had in DS baseline? I don't really care what it is I just like having buttons to press, not waiting around for things to be available.