World Boss Concerns - Galleon and Sha

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Empty your concerns with world boss implementation here, in this one consolidated place, for this and future bosses. I'll make a twitter account to relay this to GC. World bosses look like they're going to be a significant issue, so let's keep it to one thread.
Editted thread to be more suitable for D&R as a whole:

Original thread title: World Bosses don't work with taunting

Original Post Pre-edit: Come check out Sargeras right now. Valley of the Four Winds. Several guilds/pug groups groups continually taunt resetting Galleon for loot. Same faction griefing moreorless. Edit: Looks like he's finally down. Reset a few times. Someone should tweet GC about this to replay the events of what happened on Sargeras.
To start off, I think the implementation of Galleon is flawed. You shouldn't be able to grief the same faction with taunt resetting. That's the sort of thing that bans were handed out for in Vanilla.

My suggestions have been to make it like a quest mob where you just have to hit it, and to make them use the LFR loot system. The second one was taken, but I think we might want to implement the first one too to minimize same faction griefing and bans don't have to be handed out.
Apparently now Sha is dropping a token to every raid member that gives them a 476 for a random slot. I had a huge concern these bosses would turn into the free loot hand out club. It would seem short of my sources giving me misinformation this concern has just become a reality. Oh well, at least its not 489s or 497s.
10/02/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
Apparently now Sha is dropping a token to every raid member that gives them a 476 for a random slot.

@_@
1 piece of 476 boots or legs apparently.

But they're still Baradin Hold with Griefing involved.

PS. PVP cross realm players joining pve realms seem to be what starts the fun
Made a thread on the Customer Support forum to see the official stance so we'll know if it's on the players to prevent this, or the current implementation will remain as is until a future patch. I'll pass it along here if I get a response back.
10/02/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Postonforums
PS. PVP cross realm players joining pve realms seem to be what starts the fun

...god. This is a quick fix IMO. If 1 person is flagged flag the whole group.
10/02/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
...god. This is a quick fix IMO. If 1 person is flagged flag the whole group.

The griefing....

You'd have 1 person doing this in a sha raid in every run, just because they can
Currently, Sha is flagged to allow CRZ because of the short respawn.

Galleon isn't because of the once/twice a week thing.
The griefing....

You'd have 1 person doing this in a sha raid in every run, just because they can

At that point it just becomes a fight for the boss though. The situation gets ugly when 1 group has key players flagged and the other group does not. I don't remember if you where there the other night when we had this happen. Our MT was flagged and we got wiped very quickly. Their MT never got flagged and despite killing all their healers and fearing MCs into AoE grips they where able to kill it.
What is there to say about them other than what did you expect? It's not like they have t done this before... Anything that requires 40 people to get on and raid at a random time and then can be lost to griefing and bugs is never a good idea.
They really should have put them on long respawns (five to fifteen days), put in mechanics to prevent mass zergs (remember the original Kazzak's shadow bolt volley and the death debuff from the dragons of nightmare?), and honestly tuned them for a full forty man raid equipped in the second raid tier's gear. Make them effectively unkillable for a while to make downing one a real event and not just who gets the tag.
I'm kind of surprised they didn't follow the GW2 model on this kind of 'public' encounter at the end of the day.

I guess it's hard for them to shake off those last vestiges of EQ from their system (or they forgot some of the lessons from their past).
i think instead of a random spawn it should be based on a quest that everyone can do once a day. after you get the quest one person from the group can spawn him after he dies you pickup the quest item in return you get a bag and are not able to spawn the boss for either a reset or a day.
There're really only two ways i'd be ok with it. Making them have a very long respawn timer (essentially making them optional), or change the tagging so it's more cooperative.

I'm not sure why blizzard thought people would stand in front of the boss, and wait around and invite everyone in sight. It's needlessly annoying, when you can just let anyone tag it, and save the hassle.
I'm kind of surprised they didn't follow the GW2 model on this kind of 'public' encounter at the end of the day.

I guess it's hard for them to shake off those last vestiges of EQ from their system (or they forgot some of the lessons from their past)

^ This is what i think
I'm not sure why Blizzard thought these world bosses would be a good idea considering the population discrepancies running rampant on some servers. Alliance on my server were barely able to muster up ~25 people for Galleon. The Horde just ripped us to shreads. By my rough count, they had at least 50 people out there.

Is this the business plan? Let factions suffer on servers until it eats away at people long enough that they fork over the dough to server xfer?