Justice and Honor Gear Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 29 Next
10/02/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Bomdanil
The filler gear for lfr is the rep gear.

Except rep gear takes so long to get that you'll be in heroic raid gear before you could ever use rep items to step into LFR.

Klaxxi and Golden Lotus only take a week or so to unlock epics.
Alright, I've been patient and positive and cheerful until now, doing my 3 hours of dailies and trying to enjoy myself.

But now? Now I'm pissed. WTF are you thinking? JP was already useless, but at least it could be converted into Honor, and Honor was useful. Now they're both completely useless and there is literally no avenue to fill in gaps in your heroic dungeon drops.

I was planning on using my honor and converted JP to finish gearing up for raid on Friday. Would I rather be fully geared from heroics? Yes. But I don't have time because of the aforementioned 3hours of dailies in poorly-conceived, overpopulated zones, and even if I did, there's no guarantee of drops, and you need every slot (unless you happen to get lucky with a raid drop this week) to qualify for LFR. And all my points are useless.

I'm !@#$ing pissed. I'm so angry about this that I can't even be sarcastic. Fix this.
10/02/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Seraphion

I've found spirits of harm so easy to come by. I can produce easily, 2 per hour, whlie similtaniously farming meat for cooking.

This just in: RNG is RNG. Please don't try to pass off some one time luck on your part as the norm.

Don't try to pass off your bad luck for being the norm.
We’re working to adjust current Justice and Honor gear to better align with intended values. Currently it’s more lucrative to run Battelgrounds for ilvl 464 epics, and convert all Justice to Honor to gear up. While some crossover is fine, the most optimal way to gear for PvE doesn’t make sense to happen through PvP.

This hotfix will ideally go out today, and once applied will change all Justice and Honor items (including those already purchased) in the following ways:

Justice Items
    Current – ilvl 450 Rare
    New – ilvl 458 Rare

Honor Items
    Current – ilvl 464 Epic
    New – ilvl 458 Rare

We’ll be increasing the PvP Power and Resilience on the Honor items by 15% to compensate for this change.

Justice buff - cool.

Honor nerf - not cool.

It was this way for 5 months on beta. SURELY you could've seen this problem months ago? I sure did.

The CORRECT method here is to buff Justice gear to 463 and not needlessly nerf items people have already purchased. This is simply the wrong move to make.

10/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Bashiok
Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa.

.............................................. there are conversions for a reason...................... there is no "forced to PvP" or vice versa. If you feel forced to PvP for honor gear, you're an idiot.
Use the conversions.
PS... To Blizz, if you expect me to spend my precious time sifting thru the endless posts to find an answer to my question; it ain't going to happen. What is going to happen is that after being a paying customer and fierce advocate of this game for nearly 8 years; I am going to cancel my subscription and go play elsewhere!
I just want an explanation for why they're not just making both 463.

Why is the reward gear from heroics lower ilvl than heroic gear? It makes no sense.
We’re working to adjust current Justice and Honor gear to better align with intended values. Currently it’s more lucrative to run Battelgrounds for ilvl 464 epics, and convert all Justice to Honor to gear up. While some crossover is fine, the most optimal way to gear for PvE doesn’t make sense to happen through PvP.

The most optimal way should be fast and easy.
10/02/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Bahska
Klaxxi and Golden Lotus only take a week or so to unlock epics.

And they'll be useless to me outside of the crafting patterns because I will be running normal raids and getting my gear from there. The ridiculously slow rep grind in Mists makes the rep vendors obsolete for anything that isn't entirely profession or vanity driven because of how much time is needed to open them up.

It's pretty ridiculous that I'd be geared up and running normal modes (even accounting for the 1 week difference between them) before the game would say I'm geared enough for LFR.
10/02/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Bashiok
Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa.

Vice versa ehh? Im sure that PVP players appreciated getting wrecked by Shadowmourne and Dragonwrath in Arena even if they were significantly more skilled.
I don't understand why you're doing this today.

Seriously, you knew about this on the Beta. You were forewarned, and you waited until people had access to the gear, bought the gear, gemmed and enchanted it...to nerf it?

Why would you do this? I don't want to use PvP gear, but there is nothing else. There isn't a single damn 463 chest with Spirit on it. None. None at all. I have run Gate of the Setting Sun until my eyes bleed but the helm won't drop. I have been grinding Stormstout Brewery, but I can't get the cloak to drop. Seriously, why do this today? Why couldn't you have nerfed this yesterday? I have just wasted so much JP and Honor and gold getting everything gemmed and enchanted and NOW you choose to nerf this?

I really want to like this expansion. I love the look, but the crap you guys keep doing with rep and gear and how we're able to gear for raids is really making me not like this at all. It's really upsetting. I wish you'd rethink this terrible, HORRIBLE plan.

You SHOULD have nerfed this earlier if you were going to nerf it. Now I feel like I've been tricked into being proactive and planning for gear, spending my JP and Honor correctly, only to have my shinies destroyed. This sucks, Bashiok. This really, really sucks.
This is a stupid and shortsighted change, and really stupid of you blizzard. Honor Gear will only be better than this gear until people start to raid and get gear, and even as of right now its basically the same Ilevel as heroic dungeon loot.
10/02/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Asmaru
Don't try to pass off your bad luck for being the norm.

From many months of beta feedback and comments from folks on live, I can most assuredly state that my luck is par for the course with SoH.

Having a 5-8% drop rate from world mobs isn't exactly screaming for a fast rate of acquisition.
lol.. I guess the joke is on us, again! - I decided to spend all my honor points to buy JP and get Heirloom gear for my new Panda toon, so now what happens? - <contemplating the possibilities and there are many>... and NONE include Blizz in my future!!!
Just wasted a ton of gold thanks. Guess the months of testing and all the theory posts weren't enough.