90 Talents Problem Thread

Mage
Issue is that Blizzard stated that these talents wouldn't be balanced around their 100% potential, though they didn't state which at which percent they would be (40%, 60%, 75% maybe), making we feel that, if we aren't using it fully, then they are a design deterrence to our damage. They haven't ensured either that all talents would be 100% useable in pvp, making IW the acclaimed choice in pvp for being the one that actually can be used for 100% use. The others are subject mostly on the opponent's skill than on the mage's.

Invocation actually works for the mana regen part, but the buff coming only at the completion is unreliable with the amount of stuns, disorients and similar hard ccs in the game. It can be seen when placing a Invocation mage against a arcane mage, then against a fire mage. Arcane will find difficult to prevent 100% of the Evocations attempts without resorting to polymorph, but the fire mage can do it reliably.

Against casters, glyph fo Counterspell can ensure some Evocations. There isn't an equivalent against hunters and melees.

My suggestion for Invocation would be to make it a buff that provides mana over 6s, reduced by haste, and prevents attacking and casting spells for its duration. Would be a mobile version for PvE and quite apropriate for PvP.

About Rune, would be enough if we just had a way to expand its radius to a sizeable amount, like having it slowly expands over time.
I would love to see a change that has the Rune of Power act like an aura like Presence of Mind so that we could move around and not have to recast every time we enter combat. As for Invocation, I usually cast it while Ice Barrier is up if I have to during combat... not always so lucky, but typically before an encounter. I agree it would be nice to treat it like a trinket instead for mobility. As for Incanter's Ward... admittedly I have not tried that yet so I'll defer to the opinions of the thread as I have agreed with the sensible ones anyway. :)
Improvements to current Lv90 Talents:

Invocation
Cast while moving (great idea mentioned by someone else earlier in the post)

Rune of Power
Instant Cast, 2% Max-Health per sec, and a slightly larger area circumference.

Incanter's Ward
Time of effect increased to 15secs, and absorbs twice as much damage.
Improvements to current Lv90 Talents:

Invocation
Cast while moving (great idea mentioned by someone else earlier in the post)

Rune of Power
Instant Cast, 2% Max-Health per sec, and a slightly larger area circumference.

Incanter's Ward
Time of effect increased to 15secs, and absorbs twice as much damage.

Great idea on Invocation. Being able to do that while moving/blinking/nitro-boosting would be very beneficial, but as it stands I don't think it suffers from push back? So would it really matter? I'm not sure I may be wrong, there may be some pushback, but we don't notice much because of burning soul or we channel while Ice Barrier is up... correct me if need be.

Awesome idea on Rune of Power. The extra one percent would make the heal comparable to a regular evocation channel time if you do the math for a 60 second period... I think I kind of just did it real quick in my head not on paper... but I'd love for the rune to be huge actually, like the size of a death and decay so there's a large range of mobility... or keep it the same size but make the rune follow the caster.

Incanter's Ward shares an identical CD to Ice Barrier. I would like to see it absorb at least as much as that so that it can replace it. Comparatively though it does offer the lower amount of mana return for an extra 5 percent dmg but you're right if the duration were longer it would feel like a better trade off.