Question about lack of Monk Glyphs

Customer Support
I understand that WoW has evolved to cater what most of its customers want in a game. It is a business issue, and I have no problem with that. What I don't understand is why ALL monk glyphs, must be made by having high levels of inscription.

When a scribe starts out, they are able to make a few glyphs for every low level class - except Monk.

Not a lot of Glyphs. Not the most desirable Glyphs. But something.

When the Monk was introduced, I assumed that a few glyphs for the class would show up at the trainer - especially with all of the glyphs that we lost or that were converted. Didn't happen. I bought MoP - that let me create a Panda Monk.

For roleplay reasons, I thought to make my Monk a scribe. But I chose not to because apparently he would be unable to make any glyphs for himself until long after he had the ability to start using them.

Isn't that one of the points of giving a class a relevant crafting profession? Give a Hunter leatherworking to make his own leather armor as he/she needs it. A priest, warlock, or Mage tailor so that they can make their own armor as they need it. A warrior or Paladin blacksmithing. Any class inscription or alchemy or enchantment so that they can enhance themselves in some way. A Scribe may make their own inscription items - except Monks who won't be able to make glyphs for themselves until long after they can use their first glyph.

Why are monk glyphs only craftable by mid to high level scribes? Why do all the other classes have access to Glyphs at low level, and monks do not?

Unless I am missing something? I posted a similar message in the profession forum looking for player feedback, but got none. Could someone in customer service please explain?

Thank you.
You might wanna ask in Profressions
10/03/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Aberfeldy
Why are monk glyphs only craftable by mid to high level scribes? Why do all the other classes have access to Glyphs at low level, and monks do not?

I don't think the CS SFA's can answer this question. Maybe try searching thru the developer blogs or other forums. I cannot remember if this subject was touched on or not.
I was unable to find anything relevant when I searched. I thought that I would post here (instead of opening a ticket) because it seemed like a question that other low level scribes, monks, and first time players would like an answer to, as well.
10/03/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Aberfeldy
I was unable to find anything relevant when I searched. I thought that I would post here (instead of opening a ticket) because it seemed like a question that other low level scribes, monks, and first time players would like an answer to, as well.

It isn't a question that a CSFR here can answer though, and quite frankly it isn't one that a GM would be able to answer either. So opening a ticket is just going waste your time and their's. The only ones that might be able to answer that would be the Developers, for them to read the post and get the feedback it would need to be posted in the Professions forum, or General.

However I doubt that you will get an answer to this question. Posting it over in Professions or General will bring it to the Devs attention and if they feel it needs to be fixed they will look into it.
I learned a ton of glyphs for monks before MOP came out. I'm not sure why you think there is a lack of monk glyphs? They do, however, like all classes, have more that need to be discovered doing the daily scroll crafting.
10/03/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Moojerk
I learned a ton of glyphs for monks before MOP came out. I'm not sure why you think there is a lack of monk glyphs? They do, however, like all classes, have more that need to be discovered doing the daily scroll crafting.

It's not that there's a lack of them. It's that you need to rely on a high level scribe for your low level monk. At level 30 as a priest with inscription, I could make multiple glyphs for my class. At level 30 as a monk with inscription, I can make no glyphs for my class. That's where the problem is coming in.
10/03/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Diamora
At level 30 as a monk with inscription, I can make no glyphs for my class. That's where the problem is coming in.

And that is strictly a design issue.
Nothing that a GM can do anything about, so a ticket is useless.
And nothing that a CS forum (this forum) rep can do anything about.
It is a development / design issue and any request or suggestions for design changes should go in the appropriate forum, in this case the Professions forum.

It's not that we don't understand your issue, it's just that the right place for your concerns is not this forum.
I appreciate the suggestions of fellow players with regards to what forum I should have posted this message in. I posted in Customer Support because - on this issue, unlike other questions that I have had in the past - I specifically wanted an answer from the manufacturer of the software that I purchased, not feedback from other players.

Having been employed in a technical support role for a software company, I didn't always know the answer to customer's questions, but I made sure that they got the answers that they needed even if I had to ask someone else.

And since I've been paying about $150/year for over 4 years,. plus the cost of the software itself, I think that qualifies me as a customer.

If this question would be best answered by being posted in another forum, then perhaps a Customer Service person can place this thread in the appropriate forum or direct me to how I can best get the answer to my question.
10/03/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Aberfeldy
I specifically wanted an answer from the manufacturer of the software that I purchased, not feedback from other players.

Then don't post in a player to player support forum.

The Blues in CS are not developers, nor liaisons to them. Additionally the developers do not read this forum for feedback,complaint, or suggestions.
The title of this forum is "Customer support." I did not understand that that meant support from other customers, rather than employees of Blizzard-Activision. If there is a more appropriate method to directly reach an actual employee of Blizzard-Activision, I would appreciate a reply in this thread with that information. Other than that information, please consider this thread closed.
I posted in Customer Support because - on this issue, unlike other questions that I have had in the past - I specifically wanted an answer from the manufacturer of the software that I purchased, not feedback from other players.

I'm sorry, Aberfeldy, but those of us who moderate this forum and by extension those with Customer Support aren't developers, we are usually unable to provide the reasons behind a decision.

If this question would be best answered by being posted in another forum, then perhaps a Customer Service person can place this thread in the appropriate forum or direct me to how I can best get the answer to my question.

As I believe you stated in your original post, you had already posted in the forum that is most appropriate for the subject. So there isn't a need to move another thread to that location.

Please keep in mind that the World of Warcraft forums are primarily here for players to discuss the game with their fellow players. While our Community Managers and Developers review much of the feedback and related discussions that take place in those forums, they are not always able to provide information on developmental decisions.

Yes, you are a customer, which we value a great deal, and it is entirely possible that a Community Manager may see your thread in the Professions forum and be able to provide an answer, but we cannot guarantee that a response will be provided.
The title of this forum is "Customer support." I did not understand that that meant support from other customers, rather than employees of Blizzard

Yes, however, Customer Support does not translate into "I'm a customer, support me". The first thread in this forum outlines the purpose of this forum.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932934075

10/03/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Aberfeldy
If there is a more appropriate method to directly reach an actual employee of Blizzard-Activision, I would appreciate a reply in this thread with that information.

Well, I should mention that we are employees of Blizzard. There is no direct contact method in which you may be provided information on developmental decisions, Aberfeldy. The post you made in the Profession Discussion forum may receive a response from a Community Manager or even a Developers, but as I said, that is not guaranteed. I'm sorry.
I do not mean this sarcastically, it is simply an observation from 25 years in the software industry (though not the gaming industry and not with a company that has over 11 million customers):

In some companies "Customer Support" does indeed mean, "I'm a customer, support me".

That being said, thank you Vrakthris, for your response. I appreciate the clarification of the purpose and limitations of the Customer Support forum. If Diamora is following this thread and could re-post his/her comment in my Profession Discussion thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759127229

I would appreciate his/her support in that thread - perhaps it may encourage others of like mind to post to keep the thread alive long enough for a Community Manager or Developer to comment.

Though I am not happy with the information presented, I am satisfied with the response I was provided and I consider my participation in this particular thread to be concluded.