Vashj'ir or Hyjal

Shaman
During Cataclysm which area seemed to have better rewards for elemental, in your opinion?

I am asking this regardless of faction rewards as those are pretty balanced.
Vashj'ir if you want to hate life.
10/03/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Microwaves
Vashj'ir if you want to hate life.

Thanks... I think?
You're going to be through Cata content so fast the rewards from questing won't even matter. Most of it will probably be from dungeons and the quest rewards in them. If you've never done Vashj'ir (it's an underwater zone), don't start now.
10/03/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Microwaves
You're going to be through Cata content so fast the rewards from questing won't even matter. Most of it will probably be from dungeons and the quest rewards in them. If you've never done Vashj'ir (it's an underwater zone), don't start now.

No, no I've done both the zones multiple times.

I'm just looking for the one that WON'T leave me high and dry in terms of useful quest rewards.
It's just to speed up the leveling process and maybe collect a few fun transmog pieces.
10/03/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Delirious

No, no I've done both the zones multiple times.

I'm just looking for the one that WON'T leave me high and dry in terms of useful quest rewards.
It's just to speed up the leveling process and maybe collect a few fun transmog pieces.

You chose those words when Vash'jir is a possible answer?

I would think VJ would have better looking stuff. The zone just sucks so hard.
OP, do Hyjal first.

You will eventually need to do Hyjal to a certain point to get to the Molten Front and do the dailies to get the ilvl 365 quest gear. Once you get the Turtle moving towards the entrance to the road to the firelands, then you can stop. And start the Molten Front dailies.

Vashj'ir has better quest rewards, but it is also a harder zone. If all you have is Northrend greens and blues, then this place is real hard. (Unless you really don't care how much you die.)
I recommend Hyjal. After completing both zones on three other characters, I gave up on doing Vash'jir except for the quest for the sea horse mount. On my shaman, I went Hyjal, Deepholm, Twilight Highlands, and then I quit questing in Cataclysm. I'll probably go back some day to complete the other two zones for Loremaster.
You prolly would end up with about the same gear no matter which zone you choose. So with that I'd say stick with Hyjal. Normally I only ever go to vasjir up until you get the sea horse mount and that's about it.
I thought Hyjal not only had better Elemental rewards, but it also moved a lot faster. Vash'jir is a fun zone if you've never done it before. It's a one-and-done zone though. You'll never want to go back.