Warriors

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 4 5 6
Warriors are definitely a shadow priest's counterclass, so take this with a grain of salt, but warriors are out of control. I have a 30 second CD placed-add fear (Psyfiend) and my 27 second CD Psychic Scream, but no matter which I use, a warrior can zerker rage/is enraged anyway/every once in a while will trinket it. They ignore my horrify/disarm in Psychic Horror, because it's usually only one second and incredibly unwieldy to use. Their charges are reliable and often, stunning for a valuable second. They can AoE stun with Shockwave, incurring no DR from charge's stun, and if I can actually get away from any of this, they heroic throw and silence me. Oh, and did I mention if they glyph it they can silence with pummel? That makes their baseline interrupt the best in the game. Add in an AoE fear in Intimidating Shout and their disarm, and you're starting to approach an INSANE amount of CC. Best in the game. And if I can somehow get away from any of that, they can heroic leap. I haven't even started on their burst damage, which I've seen exceed 189k with one hit on my character (55% resil), or Second Wind, which requires you to save all your burst for when they get into execute range (but good luck getting them there without your CDs).

I didn't want to put anyone off with the wall of text, I just wanted to present an argument that I'm sure many have presented on these forums. That was an actual description of how fights against warriors inevitably turn out. Warriors' control and mobility needs to be addressed. In my BG experience at 90 (still not fully geared out), I have yet to see a single class shut down a warrior besides another warrior. If focused, they can be bursted down, but at a slower rate than any other class/spec besides possibly shadow priests, hpallies, and tanks. I'd love a huge nerf to bring their mobility and control into line with other classes, but I'd settle for even a minor nerf to damaging cooldown usage or their stuns/silences.

Edit: forgot about Mass Spell Reflect, which is hard enough to get around without the new raid/party members buff. Not arguing that it's overpowered, just overkill when added to the rest of the Warrior's toolkit.
Warriors have too much damage with the amount of control they have. I can get stun/silence locked and killed before i can even cast. I have 3 healers and 1 class is going to make me play dps this season. There are other classes that do tons of damage and can kill me like DKs, Mages, or hunters. However warriors do way more damage and have crazy CC. I love pvp but 1 class is ruining it for me. This has never happened before. I have been up against many FotM classes playing WOW but Warriors are far and away more OP than any class I have ever seen at any time. They need a fix not just to damage but to their control too.
10/09/2012 05:15 AMPosted by Althais
INSANE amount of CC. Best in the game.

This guy obviously has extensive pvp experience and knows the ins and outs of crowd control and which classes excel at it.

Give a warrior a couple abilities with utility and quickly they are BEST CC IN GAME!
t

10/09/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Kulthar
INSANE amount of CC. Best in the game.

This guy obviously has extensive pvp experience and knows the ins and outs of crowd control and which classes excel at it.

Give a warrior a couple abilities with utility and quickly they are BEST CC IN GAME!

the best part is those 'extra cc' already existed in prot for years
im all for lower the burst while distribute damage across on other attacks

Yes, if you give a class multiple additional sources of CC, they WILL have the most CC in the game. Blizzard effectively doubled a warrior's CC. Please give me another class with better CC (since warriors have 3 stuns, one of which is an AoE stun, two are ranged interrupts/stuns/gap closers [charge], a disarm, an aoe fear, baseline silence on pummel, and ranged silence with heroic throw, all on relatively short cooldowns), and maybe I'll listen to you. You could make an argument for rogues, but I know what rogues have and it comes up short; plus, rogues are a control class and always have been... reduced damage for increased control (don't bring up legendary daggers, cause that was just as broken as warriors are now). I'm not saying I'm pro or anything, but I've played above 2k mmr and been around for a long time. A class being overpowered is nothing new, but warriors just need a change to be balanced.
[quote]This guy obviously has extensive pvp experience and knows the ins and outs of crowd control and which classes excel at it.

Yes, if you give a class multiple additional sources of CC, they WILL have the most CC in the game. Blizzard effectively doubled a warrior's CC. Please give me another class with better CC (since warriors have 3 stuns, one of which is an AoE stun, two are ranged interrupts/stuns/gap closers [charge], a disarm, an aoe fear, baseline silence on pummel, and ranged silence with heroic throw, all on relatively short cooldowns), and maybe I'll listen to you. You could make an argument for rogues, but I know what rogues have and it comes up short; plus, rogues are a control class and always have been... reduced damage for increased control (don't bring up legendary daggers, cause that was just as broken as warriors are now). I'm not saying I'm pro or anything, but I've played above 2k mmr and been around for a long time. A class being overpowered is nothing new, but warriors just need a change to be balanced.[/quote/]

Silence isnt baseline its a glyph for both pummel and heroic throw. warriors always had charge and they had a longer form of stun(throwdown) in cata. the only thing that was improved was mobility and burst. the much greater burst is the cuase of everyone thinking warriors gained more cc. all we gained was a a blanket silence when glyphed
Yes, if you give a class multiple additional sources of CC, they WILL have the most CC in the game. Blizzard effectively doubled a warrior's CC.

Lost Intercept
Lost Throwdown
Lost Improved Hamstring
Lost Bladestorm
Pummel CD increased
----
-we had gag order all of cataclysm, at the end it wasn't a bad option if you could stay on a target without PH
-Can have Gag Order and PH simultaneously
----
Gained Shockwave
Gained a Heoric Fury style 2x Charge (if you take the Double Time Talent)
Gained Mass Spell Reflect

aoe fear was fixed

wot?
Warriors are definitely a shadow priest's counterclass, so take this with a grain of salt, but warriors are out of control. I have a 30 second CD placed-add fear (Psyfiend) and my 27 second CD Psychic Scream, but no matter which I use, a warrior can zerker rage/is enraged anyway/every once in a while will trinket it. They ignore my horrify/disarm in Psychic Horror, because it's usually only one second and incredibly unwieldy to use. Their charges are reliable and often, stunning for a valuable second. They can AoE stun with Shockwave, incurring no DR from charge's stun, and if I can actually get away from any of this, they heroic throw and silence me. Oh, and did I mention if they glyph it they can silence with pummel? That makes their baseline interrupt the best in the game. Add in an AoE fear in Intimidating Shout and their disarm, and you're starting to approach an INSANE amount of CC. Best in the game. And if I can somehow get away from any of that, they can heroic leap. I haven't even started on their burst damage, which I've seen exceed 189k with one hit on my character (55% resil), or Second Wind, which requires you to save all your burst for when they get into execute range (but good luck getting them there without your CDs).

I didn't want to put anyone off with the wall of text, I just wanted to present an argument that I'm sure many have presented on these forums. That was an actual description of how fights against warriors inevitably turn out. Warriors' control and mobility needs to be addressed. In my BG experience at 90 (still not fully geared out), I have yet to see a single class shut down a warrior besides another warrior. If focused, they can be bursted down, but at a slower rate than any other class/spec besides possibly shadow priests, hpallies, and tanks. I'd love a huge nerf to bring their mobility and control into line with other classes, but I'd settle for even a minor nerf to damaging cooldown usage or their stuns/silences.

Edit: forgot about Mass Spell Reflect, which is hard enough to get around without the new raid/party members buff. Not arguing that it's overpowered, just overkill when added to the rest of the Warrior's toolkit.

youre talking about 1v1 here.
the game is not balanced around 1v1.
you have never been 2200, so i will tell you this: there are people at 2k MMR who have no problem mitigating warrior burst, and even hunter burst.

they are gib comps with no pressure outside of hoping to kill someone before they can react. nerf the burst, then buff rotational damage.

but that wont happen, because that would interfere with the precious dragon killers.
10/03/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Proflag
Seriously , blizzard do you not know when u have given a class so much control and burst...they wreck face...and whats with second wind omg..new flavor of the month...they are worse then rogues ever where.

Coming from a DK this is pretty funny!
I don't think warriors are OP in terms of damage but when a single warrior can out self-heal my DK it gets a bit concerning. We had a warrior tanking a boss and the healer dc'd at the start of the fight, the warrior manage to stay up for three minutes untill the healer was back, it was close but still.