Pandaren and Warlocks.

Story Forum
What do the Pandaren think of Warlocks? Are they respected or do you think they are feared like in the rest of Azeroth?
There aren't any warlocks. I would assume that they won't think highly of them.
Pretty feared

The Pandaren cut off communication from the Kaldorei when the latter began enjoying the Well of Eternity a bit too much, much less becoming outright allies with the Legion
I think just being a warlock makes us like a fire to the moths that are the sha. Also DKs.
10/05/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Baalsamael
I think just being a warlock makes us like a fire to the moths that are the sha. Also DKs.

I imagine a Warlock in Pandaria would at least be very obsessed with the dark powers that Sha wield, anyway. They're already fashioning their tier sets out of the skin of Sha.
10/05/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Donahue
I imagine a Warlock in Pandaria would at least be very obsessed with the dark powers that Sha wield, anyway. They're already fashioning their tier sets out of the skin of Sha.

I make my dresses out of a lot of things.
Our dresses have been Old Gods, Scourge robes, Sha, raw energy from the nether, Void energy, Fel Fire, a demon, etc etc etc.

WTB Sha demon glyph.
10/05/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Baalsamael
WTB Sha demon glyph.

I demand a Sha of Lust in that case.
10/05/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Celanor
I make my dresses out of a lot of things.

Of course Blood Elves would always be one step ahead on the fashion game.

I'm kinda hoping after Mists they might incorporate some Sha-abilities for Warlocks. I just really think the Sha have an awesome aesthetic to them.
The Council of 6 Daggers, or w/e it's called, will need an expert on the Sha
10/06/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Spellestra

The Sha and Warlocks have nothing to do with eachother though. The Old Gods aren't demonic, their... something else. A Warlock isn't likely to have any more understanding of them than a Priest.
10/06/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Caeledor

The Sha and Warlocks have nothing to do with eachother though. The Old Gods aren't demonic, their... something else. A Warlock isn't likely to have any more understanding of them than a Priest.

Warlocks and death knights are far more likely to be affected by the Sha though. There's nothing to suggest that a warlock and their demons aren't immune to the Sha. Demons might be particularly vulnerable to them since they are vessels of hatred, rage and anger. Death knights have the problem they were made to cause and feel pretty much nothing but rage, hatred, anger, malice and cruelty. The fact they have to cause pain and suffering to feed off of isn't going top help them either.

But, eventually, we will. We do not just enslave demons and use fel energy. We mainly do, because it's so accessible, but we aren't limited to that.

The Council of Black Harvest proved that. Destruction is Chaos magic and Elemental magic, Affliction is run of the mill Void magic with Old God magic, and Demonology is demon hunting techniques + god old fashioned understanding of goetic arts.

Not to mention our tier gear. It is the appearance of a Sha consuming our bodies (moving sha mouth and all), with ropes on our shoulders and waist with what is IRL Tao symbols of binding.

Just like our PVP gear at the end of Cataclysm was us using the Old Gods to our advantage, and the PVE gear as well, this tier we are using Sha's powers.

Warlocks and death knights are far more likely to be affected by the Sha though. There's nothing to suggest that a warlock and their demons aren't immune to the Sha. Demons might be particularly vulnerable to them since they are vessels of hatred, rage and anger. Death knights have the problem they were made to cause and feel pretty much nothing but rage, hatred, anger, malice and cruelty. The fact they have to cause pain and suffering to feed off of isn't going top help them either.

If our respective invasion leaders were consumed by sha simply by fighting with the other faction's leader, I don't even want to imagine what happened the second a group of Ebon Blade members or a bunch of Warlocks walk onto Pandaria with our demons.
10/05/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Baalsamael

I think Sha works like any source of corruption. We can feel hatred and all that stuff, but what we must do is to keep them under control, maybe with a rational mind behind.

Unless I'm wrong, which I hope that's not the case. Would be really awful to be an absolute victim to the Sha.

10/06/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Kynrind
Demons might be particularly vulnerable to them since they are vessels of hatred, rage and anger.

That's something I would like to ask to some devs.

What if I'm the sort of "corrupted individual" already? I mean, I don't deny the hatred nor the Sha motivation behind it's manifestation, so what happens to me? Would I live with Sha in some sort of symbiosis?

10/05/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Donahue
I'm kinda hoping after Mists they might incorporate some Sha-abilities for Warlocks. I just really think the Sha have an awesome aesthetic to them.

I would enjoy it. Specially because we already have that sort of thing: Fear. Would be interesting to have other kinds of spells that cause certain types of emotions to our targets.

And every time I look, I just want to eat them. They look like candy. Cake, when they're dead. Shadow-corrupted cake. Yum!

I'm aware of that, but you don't seem to know what the Council of Six Daggers is

http://www.wowwiki.com/Legacy_of_the_Masters

These warlocks have found ways to use other magics, such as Elementals and Necromancy, to their benefit

Might as well use Sha as well
I'm aware of that, but you don't seem to know what the Council of Six Daggers is

http://www.wowwiki.com/Legacy_of_the_Masters

These warlocks have found ways to use other magics, such as Elementals and Necromancy, to their benefit

Might as well use Sha as well

Technically, Necromancy was created by using Fel Magic in the first place place, /points to KilJaeden, and all warlocks without exception were either Priests, Shamans or Mages before. And it's called Council of Black Harvest now, on a side note.
It is, but the point I'm trying to make is that Warlocks don't exclusively work with demons and only demons
Also, the fact that Sha are derived from an Old God gives us more reason to easily use them, since we already use Old God Twilight magics.
Warlocks have no reason to limit themselves to demon magic. What defines a Warlock is exactly that they want power despite any possible... "idealistic conflicts".

As long as it is powerful, it's on the wish list.
Pandaren are peaceful. Most warlocks are violent, or atleast morbid. The two don't really coordinate. And with the pandas remaining unfamiliar with this magic, it would probably freak them out.