Have y'all seen this? Hilarious

General Discussion
The website http://www.colleensworld.com/ was created as a negative campaign against Colleen here by her republican opponent in their race for Maine senate positions.

The site claims,

Colleen Lachowicz is a Democrat candidate for Maine State Senate. In Colleen’s online fantasy world, she gets away with crude, vicious and violent comments like the ones below. Maine needs a State Senator that lives in the real world, not in Colleen’s fantasy world.

Some of my favorite quotes listed are as follows...

"I can kill stuff without going to jail"

"I like to stab things and Im from NJ.... What's your !@#$in point? lol"

"%^- kicking party!"

"We need you to dickpunch Arthas"

"I rolled my rogue just to learn how to stab things"

"The undead do not piss.... Dont know why they have to eat actually"

"me just dumb orc rogue"

"My new avatar has no boobs"

How dare she... Im sure some of you will enjoy this find
It's been brought up several times since the article was posted, and every time it devolves into a contest to see who can make the most long-winded political argument.

The general consensus is that liberals think it's cute that Republicans want to talk about people living in a fantasy world and conservatives think it's just your garden-variety campaign dirt-slinging and therefore not relevant.
There is a search option for the forums you can use so you do not beat an overly dead horse.
Gee, a neocon can't comprehend media used by people under the age of dead.
Yeah, been posted plenty of times but no other thread on the front page so why not?

I personally have no issues with her comments being used to question her suitability for office. Stating things like "I play wow so I can kill things without going to jail" either shows she's a sociopath or a ridiculous lack of foresight equally damning for an elected official.

People need to learn that there is no "real life" vs "game" split. You are accountable for every single one of your actions in life.
Yeah, been posted plenty of times but no other thread on the front page so why not?

I personally have no issues with her comments being used to question her suitability for office. Stating things like "I play wow so I can kill things without going to jail" either shows she's a sociopath or a ridiculous lack of foresight equally damning for an elected official.

People need to learn that there is no "real life" vs "game" split. You are accountable for every single one of your actions in life.

That same argument was made about movies, comic books, and rock and roll. And yet we're cool with Paul Ryan liking Rage against the Machine (which is ironic considering he stands for everything they ever fought against).
I'm accountable for the thousands and thousands of critters I've moonfired, swiped and ravaged??

Oh Em Gee... PITA is gonna kill me >.>

It's a game. If I was "accountable" for anything I did in real life in this game, I'd have my own statue, be living in a mansion and people would thank me every day for saving their life from countless undead, bugs, old gods, raptors, ect ect.

This is a -fantasy- world. Make believe. I say the most random things in posts, most the time just to see who will respond and why, that has zero, zip, zilch truth to it.

Now I will say the girl seems like a nut job, but don't we all at times?
Seen it. Don't care about whether or not she plays WoW. Given that I'm a Mainer, I care about her politics and who can buy her politics.

That same argument was made about movies, comic books, and rock and roll. And yet we're cool with Paul Ryan liking Rage against the Machine (which is ironic considering he stands for everything they ever fought against).

I may have misunderstood the site, but they are not questioning her for liking world of warcraft, they are calling her on the comments she's made while playing world of warcraft. Judging someone by their hobbies is pointless, judging someone by their written statements is what people should be doing before voting for someone
10/05/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Fenzito
://www.colleensworld.com/

I think they ought to allow comments on this garbage of a website (sorry i don't have twitter)

I may have misunderstood the site, but they are not questioning her for liking world of warcraft, they are calling her on the comments she's made while playing world of warcraft. Judging someone by their hobbies is pointless, judging someone by their written statements is what people should be doing before voting for someone

It's irresponsible context-dropping. How many times do people say stuff that was colloquial and not meant to be taken-seriously? What's wrong having a little fun?

It's a symptom of a larger malaise within our political system: people aren't making well-informed statements, they are cherry-picking random things and stringing them together to justify their political prejudices. And this veil of lies means that your definition of the truth is dependent on your political opinions and not on any objective analysis because who can tell what's really objective anymore?