Transmog

General Discussion
Don't know where to put this, but I'm a bit frustrated. I find pretty much all axes and maces hideous and love swords, however blizz seems to hate making DPS swords for str classes. Now this problem could be resolved with transmog, however blizz refuses to allow 1h and 2hs to be transmogged that way, and I cant help but wonder why. I mean all you have to do is prevent a player from equiping the transmogged weapon if they cant equip one of the 2 items (transmog or actual item), and if a skill requires an item type then that skill can"t be used if one of the 2 weps is a conflicting type (might affect rogues idk, thats why I mentioned it). I'm not asking to transmog a 1h into a 2h or anything stupid like that, just turn these absolutely ugly axes and maces into swords.
I can think of at least two Str 2H swords that drop in the new heroics off the top of my head, one from the first boss of Scholo and one from the last boss of Scarlet Monastery.

Couldn't comment on 1H swords. You should be Unholy, we're the best spec.
I'm dw frost so mostly looking for 1h, just through 2h in there since i off-spec tank, I really don't understand this restriction when any possible conflicts are easily fixed
Am I the only one that feels this way? I mean, I know I havent made it to end game yet but looking at the dungeon guide in game this is the 3rd expansion in a row where the best DPS gear is either an axe or a mace, why is this? And if we can't have a comparable sword, why can't we at least get the look we want via transmog? It makes absolutely no sense to me
And by best gear I mean raid gear
10/08/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Amarlly
Am I the only one that feels this way? I mean, I know I havent made it to end game yet but looking at the dungeon guide in game this is the 3rd expansion in a row where the best DPS gear is either an axe or a mace, why is this? And if we can't have a comparable sword, why can't we at least get the look we want via transmog? It makes absolutely no sense to me

Because of how class restrictions works would be my #1 guess. #2, it's just not needed. Just be thankful transmog is in. It's an evolving system, but maybe you'll be creative and find something you like. I for one want to xmog my wand that will be dropping to a sword that I got, but that just doesn't make any sense.
10/08/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Sophex
Because of how class restrictions works would be my #1 guess. #2, it's just not needed. Just be thankful transmog is in. It's an evolving system, but maybe you'll be creative and find something you like. I for one want to xmog my wand that will be dropping to a sword that I got, but that just doesn't make any sense.

I didnt say anything about making a wand into a sword, and I specifically mentioned how class restrictions could easily be maintained in my original post, if you cant equip one of the 2 weps you cant equip the transmogged wep. Either allowing us to do this, or adding in extra weps of each type at end game (dont need any special artwork for them, just competitive weps of each type with stats for all available specs that can equip said weps) would make me happy, and I'm sure I'm not the only one irked about being forced to use a weapon type I don't find visually appealing. The MMO industry is moving towards higher degrees of customization, why is blizzard so determined to stay behind the times?
they need to add gear dyes... Why does the leading MMO not have the most basic things that maaaaaany other games have just confuses me xD

Also more variety in the looks of armors! Do it ! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE =D
they need to add gear dyes... Why does the leading MMO not have the most basic things that maaaaaany other games have just confuses me xD

Also more variety in the looks of armors! Do it ! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE =D

Because WoW was not designed to have dyes. Many gear sets revolve around how the colors make the set what they are. Current raid heroic being purple, raid finder green, etc
I never said anything about armor, or dyes, there are plenty of options available that prevent that from being an issue, I suspect alizey is a troll...
10/07/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Cancionanxo
You should be Unholy, we're the best spec.

I lol'd
While I've been able to find models for all weapon types I use, I definitely see the OPs point. Makes no sense that a hunter can xmog a gun to bow or vice versa but a melee dps can't xmog an axe to a sword.
Honestly they should make all gear moggable to a degree, that white panda starter gear was awesome. It's very much like the bloodelf starter gear in terms of looking good but it was white gear... /offtopicrantoff sorry. Like brobo said, hunters can do it with guns bows etc, why not melee? It really makes no sense.