You cannot log in until the character update

Customer Support
You cannot log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete.

Come again? Trying to transfer the toon I'm currently using, to a different server and faction... and what? Someone please clarify, I don't want 55$ to randomly end up missing (it's literally been like three hours)
Wait for it to fully process, just like everyone else is having to do since they are processing slowly today.
10/09/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Contorted
Come again? Trying to transfer the toon I'm currently using, to a different server and faction... and what? Someone please clarify, I don't want 55$ to randomly end up missing (it's literally been like three hours)

Character services can take several days to complete, Contorted. While they normally take less than an hour, that isn't always so.

Today they are taking longer than they normally do and our techs have looked into the matter and so far word has it that they the services are backed up but they are processing.

The funds themselves, are being "held" by your bank in anticipation of the completed service. Once that happens the process to move those funds over to our account will begin (as process that usually takes up to 72 hours), but if the service does not complete, that held funds will return to your bank within 3-5 business days, depending on your bank's policies.

If the transaction is listed as pending, Contorted, give it a little more time, it should process soon. If you are unable to wait, you may want to cancel until you have more time, and the service is less busy.
10/09/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Vrakthris

Character services can take several days to complete, Contorted. While they normally take less than an hour, that isn't always so.

Today they are taking longer than they normally do and our techs have looked into the matter and so far word has it that they the services are backed up but they are processing.

The funds themselves, are being "held" by your bank in anticipation of the completed service. Once that happens the process to move those funds over to our account will begin (as process that usually takes up to 72 hours), but if the service does not complete, that held funds will return to your bank within 3-5 business days, depending on your bank's policies.

If the transaction is listed as pending, Contorted, give it a little more time, it should process soon. If you are unable to wait, you may want to cancel until you have more time, and the service is less busy.

<- Contorted, and I suppose it makes sense. I know that I run off a pretty standard pay rate (second and fourth monday of every month) and I know a lot of others who do too. So maybe this is just all of the transfers coming it at once from the payments.
You're not alone, I can access my toons achievements/mounts but he's still locked as 'transferring'.
Same, been around 12 hours for me so far.
what if you were able to actually log on the character on the destination server for a day or two? then this message comes up?
10/10/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Ickybonbon
what if you were able to actually log on the character on the destination server for a day or two? then this message comes up?
That means your payment method failed and you'll need to contact billing to straighten everything out.

Double-check and make sure that the method of payment you're trying to use to pay for the transfer is listed as the Primary billing method.
its been 3 days for me ugggg
I didn't even buy anything and it's doing this to me..?

What the heck lol, I was going to buy a race change but I didn't, did it think I went through with it? I accidentally put in the wrong security number too, I hope it didn't use someone elses card o.O.
mm yea tell me about it i have been waitinf 3-4 days to blizzard to respond to my ticket about it to cancel it because i ave a raid in about a hour and a half and i carnt log in :(
Same i've transferred my shaman to my other account and also did a realm change, and WOW still waiting i really hope this works soon, but i'm just worried that i did something wrong can someone with some blue text tell me if i've messed up or something i'm not sure but i don't need to end up losing 25$. And the longer i wait the more paranoid i get. (I'm a sissy!) =((
10/16/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Ángela
Same i've transferred my shaman to my other account and also did a realm change, and WOW still waiting i really hope this works soon, but i'm just worried that i did something wrong can someone with some blue text tell me if i've messed up or something i'm not sure but i don't need to end up losing 25$. And the longer i wait the more paranoid i get. (I'm a sissy!) =((

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893720339

In the future please don't necro threads
10/09/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Vrakthris

Great... Blizzard is effectively holding my MAIN hostage. For... DAYS????!?!?!?!?!? I'm three points off of being able to do RF and now this... no dailies, no dungeons, no farming... no BOAs, money or bags on my new realm... nice going. Really, really nice. D: And I'll bet they just can't figure out why they are losing subscribers, right?
Great... Blizzard is effectively holding my MAIN hostage. For... DAYS????!?!?!?!?!? I'm three points off of being able to do RF and now this... no dailies, no dungeons, no farming... no BOAs, money or bags on my new realm... nice going. Really, really nice. D: And I'll bet they just can't figure out why they are losing subscribers, right?

Rather than quote a post over a month old?

Take a look at the sticky I linked.
I just wish I knew about this issue before I attempted to transfer :/
10/16/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Thunderwulf

Rather than quote a post over a month old?

Take a look at the sticky I linked.

October 9th is more than a month ago? Come again, did I miss something? LOL.
Yea I got my warlock all stuck in transfer too. Wish I had known about this before hand. Really want to get my lock ready by next tuesday..