Did Disc priests just get nerfed?

Priest
New hot fix:

"Healing and shielding effects applied to players that have been involved in PvP combat are now reduced by 15% ".

Blizzard must think Disc priests are too powerful in pvp. For them to include shielding effects seems to imply this nerf was directed towards disc priests.

Talk about kicking a class when it's down.

Damn.
Yes.

We went from crap to utter crap. It's so depressing, I don't even feel like playing anymore. There's no way I can do anything with my team now.
I am lucky to get heals doing battlegrounds. Oh well, the person with the best PVP gear wins anyways. That is how it always was.
Ayyyyup, this is just adding insult to injury at this point. They just keep putting nails into the coffin and it's driving me nuts. I understand why they did what they did, but come the hell on!
Dev Guy on a Donald Trumps voice:

"So thous freaking priests doesnt like our brilhant design for Discipline spec ? Lets round then up and nerf then one more time, maybe this time they will learn who the frak are they dealing with. Nobody messes with the D Team; KING KONG AINT GOT S$%%t ON ME, AM RICK JAMES !@#$%"
No, healing got nerfed.

Consolidating this issue to a specific spec is pretty over-dramatic.
OK OK.. u want drama.. heres some reenactment of the relation between Devs and Discipline Healers. For the part of the Dev Team, we have the great Dave Chappelle. Now, acting as the discipline priests, we have the most talent Charlie Murphy..

enjoy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp3x6l5dZp8&feature=related
No, healing got nerfed.

Consolidating this issue to a specific spec is pretty over-dramatic.

Every other healer was pretty strong, and sure, this wont affect them as much.

For disc, they just damned an already damned spec. This is the priest forum...hence a discussion on the effects this has on priests. That's not really dramatic at all.
+1. Disc priest is a joke right now.

Let´s see what was taken from us.

1- The worst mana regeneration.

2- No more damage mitigation, "Focused will" talent removed.

3- No more mana burn.

This is huge!

And what did we gained in exchange? Talents for damage (passives) and a little bit more mobility from talents, but holy and shadow can pick them too. Well...if you Blizzard devs want to give us disc priests more damage...do so but don´t let us with crap damage dealer as smite. We have very bad scaling damage dealers spells.

Resuming, right now we don´t have DPS, we don´t have good heals, we can´t stand in battle for so long (bad mana regeneration), and we DON´T have damage mitigation.

Pls, SHOW US SOME LOVE.
It's a flat healer nerf. Relax kiddies. Nobody is out to get you.
10/10/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Nixxe

For disc, they just damned an already damned spec. This is the priest forum...hence a discussion on the effects this has on priests.
That doesn't actually invalidate my post. Please learn how game changes are made. There is a fairly consistent pattern.
a flat nerf to healing, for a class that already has mana problems, is just kicking us while we're down.

If it was a flat healer nerf, healing would be nerfed 15%.... and thats it.

It's shielding also... so disc priests get -15% healing in addition to -15% to their shielding?

I'm not greatly familiar with other classes, but disc priests seem to use shields A LOT more than other healers. This nerf seems to hurt disc priests the most.
Look, everyone... I hate to say this, because I wish I were wrong here, but...
It is not doing us any good to voice our concerns about our Disc Priest toons. AFTER all the threads we recently created since Beta and on Live, Blizzard STILL implemented this "-15%" to our healing and shielding. It proves we are wasting our time here. (Like I am now)
I'm so sick and tired of finding a spec I enjoy...and then watch it get pushed below other classes/specs. (Knocked below "being balanced")

1- The worst mana regeneration.2- No more damage mitigation, "Focused will" talent removed.3- No more mana burn.

^ Good point there, too.
Because Disc uses relatively less healing, a 15% nerf to ONLY healing would hurt them less. Nerfing absorbs, the only other healing output, for 15% as well makes it even, while also nerfing paladins and select DPS.

You're not 100% correct. Yes, it is a flat healer nerf, BUT... It's not just a healing nerf for Disc Priests, as it is with other healers. It's that PLUS a nerf to our shielding, which is something Disc Priests use heavily, unlike any other healer class.

This healing AND shielding nerf, coupled with our weakened defenses, as stated above, has me (and seems others) feeling like it's not fun to play anymore. I'm actually quite irritated because this is now the 4th time I've felt this way for this reason. Makes me sick when I am paying $15/month and finding out these decisions were made AFTER all the countless complaints already created by multiple people on these forums. It's ridiculous.
neth just posted in the healing forums about our hotfix BUFF

brb RaF'ing a resto shaman/druid
10/10/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Zanjádo

You're not 100% correct. Yes, it is a flat healer nerf, BUT... It's not just a healing nerf for Disc Priests, as it is with other healers. It's that PLUS a nerf to our shielding, which is something Disc Priests use heavily, unlike any other healer class.

This healing AND shielding nerf, coupled with our weakened defenses, as stated above, has me (and seems others) feeling like it's not fun to play anymore. I'm actually quite irritated because this is now the 4th time I've felt this way for this reason. Makes me sick when I am paying $15/month and finding out these decisions were made AFTER all the countless complaints already created by multiple people on these forums. It's ridiculous.

Absorbs are a part of healing and not exclusive to Disc.
10/10/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Nixxe

Absorbs are a part of healing and not exclusive to Disc.

Good point. I stand corrected, but what I still stand by...an what I think the others were really trying to drive home is: Discipline Priests rely on a great deal more absorbs/shield than all other healing specs/classes. Therefore, the disc priest is hit the hardest with this "nerf". Getting hit the hardest, while already feeling "weaker" or "less viable" than the other healers, is what drives the frustration, at least for me.