I'm a BM hunter and I can't break 1.7k

Arenas
Despite being the most disgustingly overpowered class in the game, I can't break 1700 in 2s. I'm currently running with my rogue friend and it's getting really frustrating/humiliating. I have almost 60 binds (mouseover scatters, silences, etc.) and I don't keyboard turn or anything like that. We were doing quite well last night, but had a pretty terrible day today.

Here's how our general game plan goes:

Both start in stealth (Camo glyph), get into position
He saps, we open on kill target hard (as in, every single DPS CD in the game)
Blind out of sap, scatter-trap out of blind, silence if necessary.
If target isn't dead by this point, we lose. My damage outside of CDs is nonexistent, and my pet is squishy enough to get killed in a couple globals (I Exhilaration heal him if I can).

We have the biggest issues against warrior and lock teams. Other BM hunters can be a !@#$% if they focus my partner, but we usually win if they go on me.

My partner gets killed extremely easily and does maybe 20% of my overall damage. I think he's playing assassination with shadowstep. He's been really frustrated with his rogue since MoP hit, and is leveling a ret pally. Would that be any better? I honestly just want the 1750 achievement >_>

Any advice would really be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
either get a less underpowered partner (bl rogues), or its a l2p issue bruz

how is your pet squishy... if they are even attacking it at all you should faceroll them. spam dem pet heals and stampede burst one while another is CC'd
Despite being the most disgustingly overpowered class in the game, I can't break 1700 in 2s. I'm currently running with my rogue friend and it's getting really frustrating/humiliating. I have almost 60 binds (mouseover scatters, silences, etc.) and I don't keyboard turn or anything like that. We were doing quite well last night, but had a pretty terrible day today.

Found your problem, go grab a war and enjoy your free high conquest cap.
Chain CC on the second target. You have intimidate, throw a quick stun on the other guy, rethink your specs, sometimes wyvern sting can be a good choice. You should be able to analyze which matches you can burst through and which you actually have to put in effort.
either get a less underpowered partner (bl rogues), or its a l2p issue bruz

how is your pet squishy... if they are even attacking it at all you should faceroll them. spam dem pet heals and stampede burst one while another is CC'd

The pet issue comes up with teams who have high cleave/AOE damage (frost DKs or SS warriors usually). The problem really isn't so much my pet dying but me having to take a break from DPS or CC and call back my pet to heal. Truth be told, it usually happens only when the match boils down to a duel.

I really do want to l2p but I can't seem to identify what I need to work on. :/
Sounds like you might be over thinking the whole thing. CC is great and all but your focus should be having your rogue stunlock while u blow up someone. That person should not survive. Honestly, sap a target and blow up the other while he's stunlocked. If the person whos sapped trinkets and comes to help your lynx rush will mess him up. I know it sounds bad but faceroll is the way to go. Rogue holds target for you to destroy.
10/10/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Chrisboxed
Chain CC on the second target. You have intimidate, throw a quick stun on the other guy, rethink your specs, sometimes wyvern sting can be a good choice. You should be able to analyze which matches you can burst through and which you actually have to put in effort.

I usually try to intimidate the kill target and let my partner stun the CC target to avoid stun DRs. Should we doing it the other way around?

I have a hard time keeping up the deeps if my pet has to walk across the map to stun someone. Should I maybe switch to Blink Strike for more pet mobility?
Trap after sap dont blind until trinket.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Nerdsmasher/simple

Here's my partner's armory if you guys have any criticism for him. I think we'll ultimately run BM/Ret but we'd like to push with this comp for the time being. Thanks for all the feedback so far.
Yeah I wouldn't normally like the idea of helping you because you're incredibly OP, but somehow I find the idea of a little huntlet that actually understands his class is OP as !@#$ and just wants to get some shiny harmless rating achievements to be a little cute and endearing.

So yeah, you probably wanna find the healer of the enemy team and just blow it the hell up as soon as you find a 10 second bit of time where it's possible to do damage to him. Which, at 1700, is probably almost all the time. Make sure when you go all in as BM hunter, you go all in.
10/10/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Bamfrosty
I'm currently running with my rogue friend

Found your problem, no need to read past this sentence.
10/10/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Bamfrosty
Here's my partner's armory if you guys have any criticism for him. I think we'll ultimately run BM/Ret but we'd like to push with this comp for the time being. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Your partner is under the hit cap and exp cap. 3% for both. As much as i want to rage and vomit and tear my hair out when it comes to BM hunters for your comp i might suggest after your non kill target is cced your rogue drops the kidney on him have the smokebomb ready and then u blow your win macro. Also another suggestion if your partner is specced into prey on weak he might want to try combat, due to the kidney shot lasting 8 seconds and Kill spree doing the most damage in the least amount of time out of all the rogue abilities... yes yes B4 i get the sub is the arena spec speech, this isnt about sapping out of blinds or garrote one cheap shot the other shadowdance tactics its just plain lock out one nuke the other, and i think combat might work well for that, just know if u dont land a kill during that burst its game over.
Your problem is your rogue's spec.

Tell him to Go sub.

this is just straight up horrible advice
OK i read your situation and came up with a solution. Get rid of the rogue and get another bm hunter Congrats you will have now hit 2300 rating.
Just get rid of the rogue.. any other burst dps will work :D
Like others have said, drop the rogue and pick up a warrior for easy facerolling fun!
10/10/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Chrisboxed

LOL. PvE hero. Your pet doesnt leave the kill target to stun for CC. Its quite obvious that the 1 and only problem is that his friend is a rogue--and probably on the lower end of the skill spectrum.
10/11/2012 05:09 AMPosted by Poppajohn

LOL. PvE hero. Your pet doesnt leave the kill target to stun for CC. Its quite obvious that the 1 and only problem is that his friend is a rogue--and probably on the lower end of the skill spectrum.

Chaining CC is a pvp term, you obviously werent around in BC. Nor am i a pve hero in the slightest. Simply set a macro that targets the desired player, acitivates intimidate, and gets the pet to the target whether it be through kill command dash or blink strike.