Remember Seasoned Winds?

Shaman
To anyone who may be waiting on possible buffs to dps Shammies.All I gotta say is, remember Seasoned winds?
Not sure how the two things are related, but ok.
10/11/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Gorsh
Not sure how the two things are related, but ok.

During cata xpac we Hex and purge got nerfed because resto was too strong.Blizz said they would compensate the other specs.This is what they gave us and didn't touch enhance the rest of the expansion.
Seasoned Winds was added in 4.1, mostly as a replacement for Improved Fire Nova since the changes to Fire Nova made that talent obsolete. Admittedly, it was borderline useless for its entire existence.

However, to say they didn't touch enhance for the rest of the xpac is completely false. The same patch where Purge and Hex got nerfed, Windfury had an extra swing proc added to it. In the next major patch, Stormstrike and Unleash Wind got damage buffs (Fire Nova as well, but I assume you're mostly talking about PvP). And then in a later patch, MW was changed to (finally) proc on absorbs.
Seasoned Winds wasn't bad. It just wasn't worth the talent points due to talent tree design at the time (take an offensive talent or a defensive talent!)
I dont think I ever took that talent. Did not seem worth it as the minor buff to resists from stopping a spell did not really amount to any survival in a raid.
10/11/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Foxybizzle
This is what they gave us and didn't touch enhance the rest of the expansion.

Could be worse. They could have just given you new spell icons, and called it a day.
However, to say they didn't touch enhance for the rest of the xpac is completely false. The same patch where Purge and Hex got nerfed, Windfury had an extra swing proc added to it. In the next major patch, Stormstrike and Unleash Wind got damage buffs (Fire Nova as well, but I assume you're mostly talking about PvP). And then in a later patch, MW was changed to (finally) proc on absorbs.

Excuse me, after seasoned winds they added MS procs to absorbs.So, mostly untouched for the rest of the xpac.(that should of been there from the beginning)

Moral of the story, Don't hold you're breath for incoming buffs
Season Wind will no longer work now with the removal of resistance and spell penetration. If you are looking for such an effect it is now baked in the glyph of Healing Stream Totem, which reduces the 3 Elemental Damage by 10%. Doesn't reduce Shadow damage though.

But even then in PvP situation, our 3 main glyphs will be Ghost Wolf, Unleash Lightning and Purge. There is no going other way about it. To remotely even kill a healer we need Purge glyph, to remove ES+Tidal, PW:S with Renew, Rejuv along with Lifebloom, Sacred Shield with othe Holy Pally buffs. Haven't really notice any trouble with Mistweaver, then again their presence is a scarcity...

What Shaman needs is a flat damage reduction. Not plate, not shield. Boomkins finally get flat damage reduction, shadow priest have shadowform, Mages have armor. It about time shamans specifically Elemental, get something like an undispellable armor effect with at least 15% damage reduction, 5% less than others in compensation for having a shield.
I just want the dps pvp shaman community to remember this buff during mid cata..It was impossible to get into a decent rbg group and hard to find arena teams due to lol enhance squishynes and its still going on 2 this day...
I remember Seasoned Winds and I loved the idea and would gladly welcome it seeing as how wind shear was given a 12 sec cd :/ I tried using it for a while, unfortunately there were just better options, but bring it back!!!! possibly as a glyph, minor preferably. Too bad the resistances got removed but making it so that successfully interrupting a spell reduced the damage from that spell school by 5-10% for the original 10 sec duration would be really good for us imo.