Heroic: Garajal the Spiritbinder (Blues Look)

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 15 16 17 Next
I encourage everyone to request a sticky!

DREAM Paragon only has 43 level 90s on their roster so I doubt they're running multiple 25s to gear up their 10 player core.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/lightnings-blade/DREAM_Paragon/roster?view=achievementPoints&name=&minLvl=90&maxLvl=90&race=&class=&rank=
You guys are pretty clueless to be honest. 25 mans *have* to 4 heal it right now because of the enrage timer, unless they have incredibly geared dps already. The guild Depraved on EU-Twilight's hammer 2 healed it on 10 man, and managed to kill it 42 seconds before enrage. Get a clue, 10 man is a joke compared to 25 man. Paragon showed you 10 manners how bad you really are.

Edit: Freak me out, a french guild 2 healed it and beat the enrage by 54 seconds.

^.

I hope you leave the encounter alone. You made the mistake of nerfing Yor'sahj after ONE WEEK of heroic raiding last tier and it went from being a fun challenge (that 9 guilds killed ANYWAY that first week) to a joke of a boss that nobody will ever remember. I mean, we're still coming out of dungeon 463s, give us a chance to experience some progression here.

^.

10/12/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Xera
By everyone you mean another 3 guilds right? Last time I checked there was over 150 10 man guilds stuck on it. I guarantee you it wasn't hotfixed. Both us and Avast were having sub 10% wipes all of yesterday (or so I'm told by them) anyway.

I'm not sure "stuck" is the correct word to use for guilds working on the boss. It's the VERY first week that heroic modes of MSV are available. You've killed it since then so it's moot for you and your guild, but your description of the situation is flat out wrong. Call it stuck when no guilds have killed it after the third week.

10/12/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Robokapp
a few expansions back, ONE DAY didn't count as "so long".

^. There's a gimme attitude on both sides of the spectrum - the people who want to craft legendaries by only doing LFR and a hardcore segment throwing their hands up and blaming Blizzard because they didn't kill the 3rd boss in a raid on Tuesday night.

The RNG one-shots are a problem for sure, the best way to fix it is to make sure that more than X number of minions can't cast their spell at voodoo dolls.
10/12/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Ithunkhard
Don't get me wrong, they're WAY better than me but they're also 15 ilvls above most people because they had the luxury of running multiple 25man runs to gear their 10man group out.

Paragon ditched most of their raiders, I seriously doubt they can run multiple 25 man groups and have gear funneled to them anymore. They're also not 15 ilevels above everyone else. Most of their raiders are either a few ilevels above or below you. Their average is probably exactly where you're at now - discounting the gear they picked up after their Garajal kill this week.

In fact, taking their roster from their Will of the Emperor kill and cross checking it for a Gara'jal kill:

Setja - 484
Lappé - 484
Jhazrun - 473
Smirk - 483
Fraggoji - 484
Verdisha - 487
Llilja - 473
Xets - 479
Oixte - 489

The average ilevel of those 9 raiders is 481. They killed 3 more heroic bosses AFTER Gara'jal, which was sure to boost the ilevel of all those people by a few points

The average ilevel of 9 of raiders on your H Gara'jal pulls this week was 476. So a 5 ilevel gap, with Paragon's ilevel skewed because of gear they won AFTER having killed Gara'jal.

This argument that Paragon is only able to kill bosses so early because they are a tier ahead of everyone in gear is old and tired.
10/12/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Crithto
  • We are not currently aware of any non-cosmetic bugs with the Gara'jal encounter. If you feel this is incorrect, please be sure to follow-up with all the details.

• I don't have many details but I'll tell you what I encountered. Monday night my guild defeated Feng the Accursed only shortly before the raid ended, so we were only able to get 3 attempts on Gara'Jal the Spiritbinder. Due to so few attempts it is hard to know if this bug is going to be recurring.

We were doing the fight as normal, and when the tank got banished, instead of going to the other tank, he went to one of our DK DPSers. This DK did *not* taunt the boss, he was *not* in blood presence, and he did *not* out-threat the tank. The other tank had more threat according to WoW's built-in threatometer, he even tried to taunt the boss off of the DK *multiple times*. It didn't say immune, the ability was successfully cast on Gara'Jal, but he wouldn't change his gaze--it was as if he was Fixated on the DK. Eventually the DK died and the fight returned to normal.

Now such a major bug as this can create wipes on successful attempts. Our guild is currently still working on Gara'jal progression and defeating him is an important thing for us, not every attempt is a kill attempt. I'm afraid I cannot give any more details than that, that's all I got for you, sorry--hope you can do something about it. Has anyone else had this issue?
    His gaze not changing is not a bug.
    why is your comment green?
    Killed it, after some tweaking to the strat I'll have to agree with Avast/Crimson Blade...The fight is tuned very well. I would expect this tuning more from the later bosses more so than a midway but that's the way it goes. This fight would be significantly easier with more gear and a stacked comp but for the run of the mill 10 man I can guarantee that few will kill it this week. What I can suggest is just to keep putting attempts, our first enrage attempt was like a 40% wipe and with strat tweaking we worked it down to the point that we killed it with about 2 seconds left till enrage.

Don't get discouraged, just keep practicing.
    After having spent so much time on it, this fight is so tightly tuned in fact that I didn't enjoy it one bit. Really no point of the fight was enjoyable and after the 20th wipe at ~5% I was no longer getting the "nerd shakes", not even on the kill.
    10/13/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Josémourinho
    His gaze not changing is not a bug.

Alright we figured it out, a little more insight would have been nice but it's not a bug, our other tank didn't have enough threat when the first tank got banished. Fixed that problem, and we got him down! Woot!
    Yea it is tuned extremely tight and we are close, just have to find that little bit of extra dps to finish this off.
    10/13/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Meioh
    Don't get me wrong, they're WAY better than me but they're also 15 ilvls above most people because they had the luxury of running multiple 25man runs to gear their 10man group out.

Paragon ditched most of their raiders, I seriously doubt they can run multiple 25 man groups and have gear funneled to them anymore. They're also not 15 ilevels above everyone else. Most of their raiders are either a few ilevels above or below you. Their average is probably exactly where you're at now - discounting the gear they picked up after their Garajal kill this week.

In fact, taking their roster from their Will of the Emperor kill and cross checking it for a Gara'jal kill:

Setja - 484
    Lappé - 484
    Jhazrun - 473
    Smirk - 483
    Fraggoji - 484
    Verdisha - 487
    Llilja - 473
    Xets - 479
    Oixte - 489

The average ilevel of those 9 raiders is 481. They killed 3 more heroic bosses AFTER Gara'jal, which was sure to boost the ilevel of all those people by a few points

The average ilevel of 9 of raiders on your H Gara'jal pulls this week was 476. So a 5 ilevel gap, with Paragon's ilevel skewed because of gear they won AFTER having killed Gara'jal.

This argument that Paragon is only able to kill bosses so early because they are a tier ahead of everyone in gear is old and tired.

I do love it when post nerf terribles try to weigh in on progression discussions, you aren't qualified mate, go quest till the nerfs happen please.
    10/13/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Sre
    "nerd shakes"

:D

I do love it when post nerf terribles try to weigh in on progression discussions, you aren't qualified mate, go quest till the nerfs happen please.

You can't argue anything about the substance of the argument so you just attack the player instead? I don't get it.

You can't argue anything about the substance of the argument so you just attack the player instead? I don't get it.

Ignore idiots, makes life simpler.
    Just exploit, makes the fight 100% easier, right?

http://i.imgur.com/3i4ON.jpg
    .1% wipe. Arggghhhhhhhh
    Just exploit, makes the fight 100% easier, right?

http://i.imgur.com/3i4ON.jpg

lol that must of taken a while to figure out
    Man that enrage timer is SOOOOO tight with 3 healers. But done, and moving on.