I'm not hip anymore.

Wyrmrest Accord
What are all the cool kids using for RP addons?
I use Total RP2 which is kay, it has some cool features - when other people use the addon, which MyRoleyplay doesn't seem to have or care about.

Pros:
You can change the text color of things as appropriate
Custom class and race if you want
Bunch of map things such as showing other people with the mod who are RPing
Gryphonheart items-like addon with RP buffs as well.

Cons:
Everyone can change the text color of their stuff and so hot pink names blinding you in their atrociousness are possible, and I've seen them.
No nickname note which MRP has.
Not a lot of people use it due to complexity.
Edit: APPARENTLY DISCONTINUED FOR PANDAS

Now as for MRP..

Pros:
Gives you pretty much the same functionality as TRP, barring the map things, built in gryphonheart-like thing, and colors (which also means you won't see people having custom colors I'm pretty sure.)
Lightweight and easy to figure out.

Cons:
Lacks some of the advanced features of TRP that other people otherwise are forced to get additional addons if they want those features.

I have not seen anyone use Flag RSP since.. well, Wrath.
10/02/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Koskei

I think that's cool except that for the MRP users, myself included, it comes out with this awful "fffffffff0000000333333" code thing by your name.

But, hmn. I've only ever used MRP and it does it's job. Don't really care to get all fancy with it. ^^ But that's just me.
MRP is a sharp, form-fitting tuxedo that exudes professionalism and style while maintaining a flattering image of you for all to admire and potentially become inspired by.

TRP is http://i.imgur.com/7hCXg.jpg
MRP is a sharp, form-fitting tuxedo that exudes professionalism and style while maintaining a flattering image of you for all to admire and potentially become inspired by.

TRP is http://i.imgur.com/7hCXg.jpg

^
MRP does everything I'd really ever want or need out of an RP add-on. TRP2 has some fun stuff, but I'd probably never use most of the features after a few days.
TRP was neat when I was a GM and storyteller, but I don't need all the extra stuff it's weighed down with. MRP does exactly what I want.

It'suser preference, and despite what some people will try to tell you, using one or the other doesn't make you any better or less of a roleplayer.
I'm partial to the fact MRP lists my full character name in emote or chat to other MRP users. Why just be Faebelle when I can be Faebelle SweetBlossom?! ~♥

Con: To MRP users, it just looks like obnoxious |1324897912374 and people have this nasty tendency of making their profiles look like a !@#$ing rainbow and giving people seizures.

Gryphonheart items-like addon with RP buffs as well.

You get to listen to everyone's god damn emo music.

Custom class and race if you want

You can customize race on MRP but not class.

Bunch of map things such as showing other people with the mod who are RPing

It's really funny to use an addon to track /say ERPers instead of having to waste precious blackened worg steaks!

TL;DR: Use MRP, it's simple, does the job it's meant to do and, most importantly for me, it's compatible with Tongues.
MRP works fine for me. If I want fancy buffs, I have GHI for that (even if I'm still slowly learning my way around it).

I tried TRP for a time. The itty-bitty yellow text that it used made my eyes hurt and I couldn't find a way to change it. So I went back to MRP.

The only thing I missed after switching back was seeing in peoples tooltips who they were targeting - hey, I'm a nosy cuss, okay? I like knowing who's probably reading my MRP - and lo and behold there was an addon that added peoples targets to their tooltips.