Quick leveling question

Mage
Hey guys!

I just started playing again and I rolled a mage and have a quick leveling question. So I am playing along side a hunter and hpally. I was just wondering is the correct way to go with a fire spec? If not please let me know! Thanks in advance!
Hey guys!

I just started playing again and I rolled a mage and have a quick leveling question. So I am playing along side a hunter and hpally. I was just wondering is the correct way to go with a fire spec? If not please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Look u can level as any spec u want frost is a great soling spec and general it is advised to go frost just because of the control u get + pet:)
but i did most of MOP content as fire the last half of 89 i switched to frost because i was bored.
in cata i leveled as arcane from level 60 to 85 because i enjoyed it aka u can level as any spec u want and it will work:)
I recently rolled this mage in preparation for MOP, as I have played a Priest since vanilla. I wanted to try a pure DPS class.

I leveled from 1-85 as frost, and then switched to fire for MOP to see how it worked. I have to say Frost is certainly better for control, but I didn't really care for the pet management and extra work to get FoF to proc.

I like Fire as it has a good ability to lay down some serious DPS, and if you use FFB instead of the regular FB, you also get a 40% slow. Not as good as the 70% you get with Frostbolt, but it still helps.

All in all, Frost was easier for leveling, with the slows and controls, but playing fire through MOP was very doable. I'd say you should try all the specs and just use what you are more comfortable with.