Upcoming Reputation Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 27 28 29 89 Next
I support the change of moving rep OUT of dungeons. It felt better in Burning Crusade since the rep was associated with a dungeon, not a tabard, so it still felt like you were working for a specific faction. With Wrath and Cata you were just running a dungeon and oh yeah, getting rep too. It felt totally disconnected from the faction.

I like that factions and reputation has a relationship and a meaning, but I don't want the grind to be too punishing. Nor too easy for that matter. Thanks for all the hard work!
why cant we have a mid term?

like, tabards would give us rep just after we hit honored/revered

or the opposite, tabards would give us rep till we hit revered
I agree with the other posters on this -- all you did was remove choice. Dailies are not enjoyable at all to me, and if I want to do them I need to dump a spec I carry to pick up a dps spec. That would be less miserable if you'd let us save our action bar configurations for multiple specs.

Please give us the choice of dailies and/or dungeons again.

10/05/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Crithto
One of the most asked questions so far is, what gives with the tabard changes? When we introduced reputation tabards in The Burning Crusade, they were set to be used as a means to gain attunement for raiding. Sadly, the specificity of each tabard made it so they discouraged players from running dungeons together. If one player needed reputation from one dungeon, while his friend needed it for another, the two ended up not playing together when they would have liked to. You saw the shift away from this philosophy during Wrath of the Lich King and on into Cataclysm. For Mists of Pandaria, though, we feel dungeons are already rewarding so it made the most sense to have reputation earned by doing things for each particular faction. The various factions are what really bring a lot of the flavor and character to the world of Pandaria. We weren’t very happy that the status quo in Cataclysm was to virtually ignore most factions and what they’re about, by instead doing the fairly unrelated task of running dungeons. It provided a way for players to essentially double dip on rewards from dungeons and faction reputations simply by putting on a shirt when queuing. In Mists we’ve changed the reward structure in a way that we feel makes for a better, more diverse gameplay experience.
Instead of tabards, how about adding faction rep to SPECIFIC dungeons (e.g. BC) - perhaps even add a daily or weekly cap to the amount of rep you can acquire in a dungeon to be roughly equivalent to what you would receive doing daily quests in the same time period.

Variety is the spice of life...
I like dailys a lot. I don't mind the grind. I am glad I can get gear from the valor I earn through my dailys. I don't enjoy dungeons or raids anymore mainly due to the community. I am sad I miss a lot of content because I am in a casual guild, but LFD/LFR makes me cringe, I would rather pour salt in my eyes than do pugs.

And I don't have the heart for hardcore raiding again. I am burned out on the feeling of obligation, the commitment to a video game, and the other factors that it takes to be a successful raiding guild. (Not to mention the stupid ego elitism over pixel accomplishments, give me a break).

I am sorry dailys have been made a requirement for raiding, I don't think that is fair, but I also like the fact I can get decent gear by doing dailys.

And please don't flame me with *this is not a single player game* type of responses. I enjoy my guild, but I also like the fact I have so much I can do on my own w/o having to rely on others or put up with petty arguments about loot drops, the mean comments, the insults, the kicks for no good reason, the tanks or heals bailing after they get the drop they came in for, etc. etc. etc.

My skin isn't thick, sorry.

I hope a good compromise can be reached.
I am not a fan of this idea. The main reason for rep on alts is to get gear, or items. I think these items should be made bind on account. My main concern with the whole thing is that it kills what many have worked hard to achieve for some reps. Insane title for instance has become extremely tame. First by dropping Shrendalar, then by changing Darkmoon Fair. What this will do is make it so someone who has an alt revered with the goblins, can bomb their rep killing pirates and earn it back twice as fast. I think -35k hated to exalted is roughly 60k exp, itll be closer to 30k. I like the idea that Warsong and Defilers reps will be easier, but those were fairly easy back in Vanilla, you could turn in the tokens for rep. I would like for there to be a reasonable way to get defilers and Warsong offensive exalted, not easy just comparable to vanilla, and then just forget about this alt rep nonsense and make more boa rep items.
You guys preach about the many ways in which you can enjoy this game which for the most part is true. If you have to level you can run dungeons, PvP or quest. If you want gear you can quest, raid and run dungeons

However, you are forcing raiders down this extremely narrow path by making them grind the same old boring quests for gear at this stage of the game. Sure, not everyone will see it as a grind, some people actually like questing, but for those of us that don't we are left with no alternative.

This is actually a big deal, I hate questing. It's bad enough I have to grind out 5 extra levels before I start enjoying myself again.

However, you are forcing raiders down this extremely narrow path by making them grind the same old boring quests for gear at this stage of the game. Sure, not everyone will see it as a grind, some people actually like questing, but for those of us that don't we are left with no alternative.

You do have an alternative... raiding. If you don't like doing dailies, then don't do them and gear up through the actual raids. It has been said before that the Valor pieces were meant to be a supplement to actual raiding gear, not a means of gearing up for raiding. The intent was for you to be able to fill in that missing slot or two through valor. It was not designed to be used to fully outfit yourself. If you dont' want to do the grind, then simply raid to get the pieces that drop. Personally, the VP items are poorly itemized for my Brewmaster anyway so they're a considerable step down from what I can get from actually raiding.

The option is there, you can gear purely through running dungeons and raids. Or you can do dailies and gear up purely through quests. Or you can do both. Neither is mandatory; but both are available.
Blah blah latest response blizzard just dances around the issue we think you will enjoy the game more having to do the same dailies for weeks on end. No really I enjoy it like i enjoy paying taxes. I do that every year but I dont' enjoy it.
I have X amount of time to play this game. I happily pay a subscription each month because I enjoy the time I spend playing the game.

My enjoyment comes from participating in group activities that are dynamic and challenging, such as raiding and now challenge modes, with my friends.

I do not find dailies challenging or meaningful. They do not tie me to the reputation at all.

All I do is go to a quest hub, pick up quests, and then go play spawn tagging with the rest of the server trying to get through it as quick as possible.

I have already started skipping dailies, and have been chastised a bit by my guild leader as I am not doing everything I can to maximize my character.

At this point I no longer care what you do. I will not do these damnable dailies every day. You cannot make me.

If I fall behind and am no longer able to keep my raid spot, or feel that I can no longer progress my characters without doing these dailies, well then I will have no reason to continue paying to play this game.

I do not and will not pay Blizzard for the privilege of logging in every day to do things that I do not enjoy.
You do have an alternative... raiding

My raid team is a lot less serious than some and no one there considers these optional.
10/05/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Shead
You do have an alternative... raiding

My raid team is a lot less serious than some and no one there considers these optional.

Then perhaps you should find new people that share your mind set. If you're going to be hardcore about raiding, then you should be prepared to do everything possible to min/max. If you aren't into that style of play then you should join a guild that won't pressure you into doing stuff you don't like. It's your playtime and your choice regardless of what they say. If it's their requirements to raid then you should ask yourself if it's worth it or just you paying for something you don't enjoy. You don't need any VP gear to start raiding, it's completely optional.
I am jumping on the bandwagon here on page 28 but just read this update and it's going to make leveling my other 6 characters still waiting on level 85 a LOT more appealing.

Big thumbs up.
Just signing in to say: I like the rep grind just the way it is.

There is some room to compromise with some of the others though.

I wouldn't change anything about it, except make it easier for alts to acquire the same rep level as mains. Which you're already working on.

I think you COULD afford to possibly add Rep to dungeons that correspond to a particular faction though, not too much to negate doing dailies but some to alleviate the grind.

Shado-Pan Monastery and Siege of Niuzao Temple could award Shado-Pan rep on boss kills, Mogu'shan Palace and Gate of the Setting Sun could award Golden Lotus rep on boss kills. Those four dungeons clearly correspond with those two factions so it it would seem appropriate to grant reputation for clearing them.

Those two rep grinds being probably the most daunting would satisfy some of the more vocal minority while at the same time not eliminating the relevancy of dailies.
10/05/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Crithto
For those of you concerned about Golden Lotus related quests, keep your eyes on the forums for some very helpful information we're working on right now that we hope to have posted by Monday.

Yeah this does need to address. You have gated Golden Lotus behind dailies and i won't see shadow-pan dailies till i'm revered with Golden Lotus. And there is no tabard to give me some breathing room. This needs to be reworked.
10/05/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Tâssadar
For those of you concerned about Golden Lotus related quests, keep your eyes on the forums for some very helpful information we're working on right now that we hope to have posted by Monday.

Yeah this does need to address. You have gated Golden Lotus behind dailies and i won't see shadow-pan dailies till i'm revered with Golden Lotus. And there is no tabard to give me some breathing room. This needs to be reworked.

Except you're starting Shado-Pan at Honored if you've been doing their quests already. There's your breathing room.
10/05/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Vindicare
Except you're starting Shado-Pan at Honored if you've been doing their quests already. There's your breathing room.

Really? I think i did all the Shadow-pan quests and i'm only 4430/6000 Friendly.
10/05/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Tâssadar

Really? I think i did all the Shadow-pan quests and i'm only 4430/6000 Friendly.

Maybe it's because I'm an overpowered human then /shrug. But i'm honored with Shado-Pan without doing a single daily. Either way, it's a huge boost compared to what you do with Golden Lotus starting off at Neutral and having to grind all the way to Revered.
I'm with the others, the change for alts makes sense, but cutting the rep for exalted for everyone doesn't make any sense, especially for MoP factions.
Now, listen here. Blizzard has forgotten one major issue with the introduction of daily farming for rep. The issue being this will cause a lot of up roar for the casual players of this game. People out there, including people i know in my guild, are very busy individuals with very busy lives that simply do not have the time to farm dallies to get the lovely valor gear. Don't get me wrong, i don't mind at all doing dallies every day, but that's only because i have the time to do so. During cata, we were a soft-core raiding guild, with members maybe coming online 2-3 times a week to do a dungeon or two or say hello, and we then raided 1 night a week, with most people just coming on for that 1 night. Now with mists out, acquiring reputation with a faction seems to be the only way to obtain valor gear, which you need by doing dallies.

What if a casual player that doesn't come on every day, and doesn't have time to do dallies, but still wants to obtain good gear, and wants to perform well on raid day? Well that person is clearly not going to enjoy the game then. Many people i know who have played the game for a number of years have strongly considered quitting for this very issue. So, Blizzard better figure out a pretty good solution for this type of player base, or there's a possibility that we're going to see a drop in subscribers very soon.